It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to spot an online agent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
just go to any conspiracy website and find the guy who doesnt believe in any conspiracies, yet spends all of his time on the website, as if hes the universal guardian defender of truth deadset on disproving anything that might be considered conspiracy related. you can substitute "conspiracy" with any subject.

ill explain it like this. i myself am not at all interested in cooking....therefore you wont find me on any cooking forums running my mouth about how great fast food is.actually you wont find me on any cooking forums at all.

Ah, but this is not the same thing at all. You assume the people on here debunking conspiracy theories are not interested in them. That's illogical. I often debunk the paranormal, religion, and conspiracy theories too, but to assume that makes me uninterested in those subjects is completely false, I have real interest in all of them and strong opinions too. Just because they don't mesh with your opinions makes me a suspect agent?

How does that make any sense?

I'll tell you what, it makes exactly the same amount of sense as anyone who says conspiracy theorists are just people who "hate America", and you won't hear me saying that.

It reminds me of the Christians who I have debated with who have simply concluded I must "hate God", or am "a believer in disguise", or a "Devil worshipper". Why else would I be interested in a subject like religion that I do not believe in, goes the reasoning. Well, that reasoning is false, and I'll hesitate to say that there are actually NO PAID AGENTS on this site.
edit on 22-9-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Gloster

Holy sniff, my brain and my finger hurt!!! (way off topic but funny)

Have I posted long enuf to be an agent yet? Does phage have a hand book on how to do this behavior placement stuff? where the heck is he/she?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

I wasn't sure if you were talking about Phage or The Stig for a second.

mmmm.. now theres a theory.. maybe he is the stig?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJDoggie84
Does phage have a hand book on how to do this behavior placement stuff? where the heck is he/she?

You must say the majik word
ELENIN

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This thread is a joke.

2nd.

Does that make me a disinfo agent?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by JJDoggie84
Does phage have a hand book on how to do this behavior placement stuff? where the heck is he/she?

You must say the majik word
ELENIN

You have to say it Three times...It's the law.
Like Beetlejuice or Candyman.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
This thread is a joke.

2nd.

Does that make me a disinfo agent?

It started out pretty serious but I kinda enjoy all the funnies... And no you would have to flame for 4 more hours to even be considered... Stars for everyone!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I forgot that part lol

link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

reply to post by Misterlondon

reply to post by LightAssassin

Even though he and I have locked horns on some of my UFO/other threads I like Phage!
More often than not I actually learn a thing or two from the links he provides in support for his arguments. He and I have stood toe to toe on a few subjects. This doesn't make me suspect him as being a dis-info agent. I think some are just upset with his tenacity and attention for details.

Having said that it makes ME pay closer attention to details and facts when I write a fringe type thread knowing he and others like him are lurking about. Case in point my thread on NASA ufo's [Reopening the case file: NASA UFOs] he and some others came in and tried their best at debunkng.

But outtside the box freer minds on the subject held the line...

link   
How do you spot an off-line agent as opposed to an online one?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

LOL
. I hope this thread doesn't get moved to jokes,puns, pranks... or would that be a good thing?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yea phage cool some remarks though just send the mind spinning.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by gaurdian2012

reply to post by Misterlondon

reply to post by LightAssassin

Even though he and I have locked horns on some of my UFO/other threads I like Phage!
More often than not I actually learn a thing or two from the links he provides in support for his arguments. He and I have stood toe to toe on a few subjects. This doesn't make me suspect him as being a dis-info agent. I think some are just upset with his tenacity and attention for details.

Having said that it makes ME pay closer attention to details and facts when I write a fringe type thread knowing he and others like him are lurking about. Case in point my thread on NASA ufo's [Reopening the case file: NASA UFOs] he and some others came in and tried their best at debunkng.

But outtside the box freer minds on the subject held the line...

i dont know why your replying to me? i never called him a disinfo agent, just made a few comments in jest..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Not sure if I believe you,but I do know some people just love to debate anyone anytime,I know this because I live with them.One whom I am raising and one whom I share a bed with.Anyone.anytime,anywhere and anything...now I understand why I am losing my sanity.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
chacaron macaron man

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
read the 36 stratagems. and look into trivium/quadrivium.

that and anybody who will only accept the official narrative as "credible". oh yes they use that word quite often.

anybody who still refers to mainstream media reports as "credible" get written off in my book.

whenever someone analyzes facts to illustrate a potential conspiracy(such as information gathered from a documented event...like 911), they will usually respond with something like:

typical response: "oooh well dont you think if something THIS BIG were REALLY happening that there would be people SPEAKING OUT, hmmmMMMM???"

or when there is an actual whistleblower:

typical response:oooooooh do you have any CREDIBLE sources? not just some guy CLAIMING x-y-z happened?

its as if their only acceptable criteria for confirming a conspiracy, is if the actual conspirators publicly admit and explain the entire act/process from a news channel they deem "credible".

im pretty sure if donald rumsfeld and dick cheney were on CNN explaining every little detail about their involvement in 9/11 cover up, we wouldnt need any websites like this...

infact, if you just sit back and consider all of the points in their criteria (for what they will accept as truth) 10 times out of 10 if that criteria is met there would be no purpose to this website and we would not be here discussing it.

we would be at the local coffee shop discussing it, because at that point its "mainstream news", not "alternative news".
edit on 22-9-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: tags

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Thats insane
thanks for the laugh.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by humphreysjim

Not sure if I believe you,but I do know some people just love to debate anyone anytime,I know this because I live with them.One whom I am raising and one whom I share a bed with.Anyone.anytime,anywhere and anything...now I understand why I am losing my sanity.

Don't know if you believe me about what? Not being an agent? That I am interested in conspiracy theories without believing in the vast majority of them?

Maybe your wife works for the government, and she is keeping you mentally occupied with mindless debates so as to distract you from what TPTB are getting up to behind the scenes. It's a slippery slope of reasoning that does lead to a paranoid type of insanity, yeah.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am Spartacus.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join