It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to spot an online agent

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Very simple method here fellow sheeples (baaaaa-ram-you)

Try this out.

Next time you find an article where the government or a big company is featured in a controversial light, go down to the comments...

The next step is easy. Find the poster that makes you think,"what is this person thinking?". The person that just doesn't seem to have any form of logic or morals... That's where you start.

Start finding all the comments that person is posting... If their comments go back for more than 4 hours, there's about 50% chance that person is some form of agent..

If you find more than 8 hours of posts from the same person, then bingo!

Think about it, what kind of person would spend 8+ hours on some type of MSN, CBS, ABC etc comment section... Almost nobody, only someone being paid to do so... Most people enter one post and leave, never to be heard from again on the same comment board.

Sometimes I'll find a person on a comment section for 10+ hours flaming away at everyone with a shred of morals, logic etc...

Does this work 100% of the time? No, but it will help you to identify possible disinfo agents

edit on 22-9-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: smelling mistakes

edit on 22-9-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

Using your own logic, i come to the conclusion that YOU are an online agent.

vvv

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I came,
I saw,
I facepalmed,
I ended up with a black eye,
thanks...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

If I had a full-time job, and could spell better!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Does this work 100% of the time? No, but it will help you to identify possible disinfo agents

Or, it helps identify seriously bored individuals who have no sense of belonging to any agenda, belief or movement.

They might believe they are realists on a crusade to stamp out any concept they find uncomfortable, but in reality they're just p*****g into the wind.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJDoggie84

And...."he who smelt it, dealt it."

Here is my theory. People who feel the need to create threads like this are trying to deflect away from themselves!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

Or, it helps identify seriously bored individuals who have no sense of belonging to any agenda, belief or movement.

They might believe they are realists on a crusade to stamp out any concept they find uncomfortable, but in reality they're just p*****g into the wind.

Which is more than likely...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Yeah I totally agree, it could be some 14 year old up all night posting away. But if you start looking for this stuff you'll spot agents

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
i dont think they really need to pay someone to spread disinfo.. the general public seem to do a good job of it for free.. perfect example.. a large percentage of threads that pass through here daily..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Yes, like I said, it doesn't work 100%... I treat it like a flag system... A person that posts 8+ hours is flagged as a possible agent, IMO...

PS I'm an agent! OK?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Find the poster that makes you think,"what is this person thinking?". The person that just doesn't seem to have any form of logic or morals... That's where you start.

Most people are idiots. Just flat out dumb.
Those who are, do not have to be paid, in order to be stupid, because they already are.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
How have you verified this?

How many online agents have you conclusively exposed, and how did you verify they were indeed, agents?

Unless you are one yourself...?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

But if you start looking for this stuff you'll spot agents

How do you know they are "agents"?

What gives them away specifically?

Who do you think they are working for?

What political leanings do you have?

Where do you live/work/worship? (Never mind, we'll just track your IP address).

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I was reading about how on-star was tracking people, and indeed there is a possible agent with 6 hours of post, flaming at everyone, telling everyone how wrong they are for wanting their life to be private... That person wouldn't be paid to do that?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
How have you verified this?

How many online agents have you conclusively exposed, and how did you verify they were indeed, agents?

Unless you are one yourself...?

No, I haven't verified this. It's a gut feeling...

I haven't exposed anyone, but trust me you will find them, they're every where

Yes, I'm an agent! j/k

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hey, if you ever find a real live agent, get his employer's number for me would ya? Some like me are just trying to make a living at home for lack of any other work available out there and I wouldn't mind getting PAID for blogging and researching fringe topics! lol....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

But if you start looking for this stuff you'll spot agents

How do you know they are "agents"?

What gives them away specifically?

Who do you think they are working for?

What political leanings do you have?

Where do you live/work/worship? (Never mind, we'll just track your IP address).

How do I know? I don't

What gives them away? The hours and hours of illogical flaming...

Who do they work for? PR firms, government, stuff like that...

What political leanings? Strict constitutionalists...

Live,work,worship? MA, No work
, Nature duh.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by JJDoggie84

And...."he who smelt it, dealt it."

Here is my theory. People who feel the need to create threads like this are trying to deflect away from themselves!

Not really, I just noticed something interesting and wanted to share

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
just go to any conspiracy website and find the guy who doesnt believe in any conspiracies, yet spends all of his time on the website, as if hes the universal guardian defender of truth deadset on disproving anything that might be considered conspiracy related. you can substitute "conspiracy" with any subject.

ill explain it like this. i myself am not at all interested in cooking....therefore you wont find me on any cooking forums running my mouth about how great fast food is.actually you wont find me on any cooking forums at all.

normal people have to pay $$$ for their monthly internet service, and have real jobs that take up the majority of their time. typically someone like that is not going to waste what little time and money they do have on a website they have no interest in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join