It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth of Freemasonry Revealed in the Epistle of Barnabas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Interesting prophecy. The romans destroyed the temple, and it shall be the romans that rebuild it. The question is, who will build the abomination of desolation? The U.S., who is the modern day Roman Empire, or the Holy Roman Catholic Church?'

The Holy Temple Barnabas speaks of is the temple built in our hearts to the Lord, a temple that cannot ever be destroyed or corrupted. The temple that is erected when you accept the Lord Jesus Christ as savior, is that same incorruptable temple in your heart and the power of God will dwell in you forever.

This falls in well with the theory that the roman Pope is the antichrist.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Barnabas 16:2
For like the Gentiles almost they consecrated Him in the temple. But
what saith the Lord abolishing the temple? Learn ye. Who hath
measured the heaven with a span, or hath measured the earth with
his hand? Have not I, saith the Lord? The heaven is My throne and
the earth the footstool of My feet. What manner of house will ye
build for Me? Or what shall be my resting place? Ye perceive that
their hope is vain.

As you suggest, Barnabas provides further evidence Freemasonry is on the right track:

A small passage from the Ritual:

"Let me first draw your attention to the form of the Lodge which is a parallel epipedon, in length from East to West, in breadth between North and South, in depth from the surface of the earth to the centre, and even as high as the Heavens. The reason a Freemasons Lodge is described in this vast extent...

The Universe is the temple of the deity whom we serve...

The Heavens He has stretched forth as a canopy; the Earth He has planted as a footstool; He crowns His temple with Stars as with a diadem, and with His hand he extends the Power and Glory."

(Source: 1st Degree Tracing Board, UGLE Emulation Ritual)

Thanks for the thumbs up on Freemasonry!

edit on 23/9/2011 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

Maybe he was explaining another order based off freemasonry and other societies.

I don't know.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Which Pope?

And why?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV: No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."

*cough*TRANSGENDER*cough*, also known as sex change. Just wanted to point that one out. keep in mind that Moses was a prophet and God showed him things that were beyond his understanding.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I would say more, why people discuss stories as they were true when too many people told then - wrote it- . No one can say it was true . . .

I mean why people start theirs thoughts from something that is not factual ...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyWizard

But Jesus taught in parables...

If God Himself teaches using starting points that are not factual, then this MUST be the best way to teach...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

reply to post by King Seesar

You misunderstand me. I never suggested that a Christian should place Freemasonry before the bible. On the contrary, Freemasonry charges every Freemason to consider the Holy Book as the unerring standard of truth and justice and to regulate our actions by the divine precepts it contains.

I was trying to infer that symbolism is not a bad thing, but rather that it compliments the bible by making its message more accessible and understandable. The Bible should always be the final authority for every Christian.

edit on 23/9/2011 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

First let me state that i'm anti secret society in terms of personal beliefs, i also feel that at some point Masonry was infiltrated for verious reasons that i have stated in the past, i don't know at what time the infiltration occured maybe at the time Helena Blavatsky started bluring the lines between what was Masonry and what is Theosophy or maybe before or after that i don't know, but i feel today Masonry is used as a shield for certin cabals (call them Illuminati TPTB whatever) that hide behind the shadows, let me put it this way Ted Gunderson former head of the FBI out of Los Angeles said the C.I.A uses known Satanic groups as fronts for black op missions and so on and we all know black op missions are illegal, well i feel Masonry is used as a vehicle in a very similar fashion.

Now as far as symbolism not being a bad thing well that's very open ended to mean a varity of things first off symbolism is pictures its art ect ect so no at it's core pictures and art are not a bad thing, but like anything symbolism as a mythos can and is used for bad things as well (think clock work orange) and that's its problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyWizard

But Jesus taught in parables...

If God Himself teaches using starting points that are not factual, then this MUST be the best way to teach...

Jesus had to provide stories for these people to understand the moral meaning of, he gave them a "mental picture" to understand by, much the way you would teach a child because they couldn't grasp what he was trying to tell them.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Greetings brother SuperiorEd,

Since this thread seems to be a direct rebuttal to the thread I posted a day before, I feel I must comment on it. Having read it in it’s entirety, I will give you an A for effort; since it appears you have read the whole of the other thread, but I must give you a D for comprehension, since you apparently did not understand it.

Because, if you had understood it, you would know that the secret societies were not trying to build a temple of stone or works by their hands, but were striving to build the Living Temple of the living God by their hearts. The temple they sought to build is not made of brick, mortar and works, but instead each and every member of humanity is one of it’s stones and when they and their hearts have become trued by justice, righteousness, compassion and fellowship, then together they can unite and build the living temple, creating a new and better world for all; thereby truly fulfilling the commandment and prophesy of “They kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”

And brother, that does not stand in contradiction to Christ’s message and commandments; that is a fulfillment of them. After all what was Christ’s message and commandments? It is nothing more or less than for humanity to love one another as brothers and sisters and to unite together as one family and work for the good of all. After all did he not say:

37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40)

and also:

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35)

As you can see brother there is no contradiction in the messages. The message of the other thread and all my threads, have been that humanity must unite together as one family and work together to solve our problems and Jesus’ message was the same.

Furthermore, your quotes from Barnabas, far from contradicting the other thread reinforce it. After all the Temple of God described in Barnabas is the same living spiritual temple I spoke of in the other thread. And who rebuilds the temple in Barnabas? Did God not use those who tore it down? Just as God used those who tore it down to rebuild the outward/physical temple, God will use humanity who tore down the spiritual temple to rebuild it as as well. And on that day that the spiritual; living temple of the living God is completed, then shall the will and kingdom manifest on earth.

There really is no contradiction only a lack of comprehension.

Peace be with you,

Ehieh Elohim, Anoo Elohim

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You can see God condemning the builders of Solomon's Temple in the Bible.

I think this refers to the greater conflict of faith in supernatural power vs. faith in man's will.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by czqjtohypmdu

Really?

Where might one see that?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Really?

Where might one see that?

On the Internet, probably on the same blogs where positively all of the Masonic secrets can be found.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by czqjtohypmdu

So you can't provide us with Biblical references then?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

On the Internet

But you said we can see *God* condemning them, not "people on the internet" condemning them.

There's sort of a difference, you know.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
“It’s not the things we don’t know that get us into trouble. It’s the things we know that just ain’t so.”

~Will Rogers

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

He's talking about a blogger named "God," who runs a blog called "The Bible."

Oddly enough, the blogger's a FTM post op who's a crazy liberal. Go figure.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by Masonic Light

He's talking about a blogger named "God," who runs a blog called "The Bible."

Oddly enough, the blogger's a FTM post op who's a crazy liberal. Go figure.
God is still a member here, though he hasn't visited ATS since 2005. (Here I was thinking he'd gotten himself banned again... and come back as stompk...)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join