It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth of Freemasonry Revealed in the Epistle of Barnabas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The great work of every Secret Society is to build the temple on earth from the works of the hands. God reveals this in many places as the works that cannot save the soul. The Epistle of Barnabas reveals this as clearly as any words can. Enjoy.

Barnabas 16:1
Moreover I will tell you likewise concerning the temple, how these
wretched men being led astray set their hope on the building, and not
on their God that made them, as being a house of God.

Barnabas 16:2
For like the Gentiles almost they consecrated Him in the temple. But
what saith the Lord abolishing the temple? Learn ye. Who hath
measured the heaven with a span, or hath measured the earth with
his hand? Have not I, saith the Lord? The heaven is My throne and
the earth the footstool of My feet. What manner of house will ye
build for Me? Or what shall be my resting place? Ye perceive that
their hope is vain.

Barnabas 16:3
Furthermore He saith again; Behold they that pulled down this
temple themselves shall build it.

Barnabas 16:4
So it cometh to pass; for because they went to war it was pulled down
by their enemies. Now also the very servants of their enemies shall
build it up.

Barnabas 16:5
Again, it was revealed how the city and the temple and the people of
Israel should be betrayed. For the scripture saith; And it shall be
in the last days, that the Lord shall deliver up the sheep of the
pasture and the fold and the tower thereof to destruction. And it
came to pass as the Lord spake.

Barnabas 16:6
But let us enquire whether there be any temple of God. There is; in
the place where he himself undertakes to make and finish it. For it
is written And it shall come to pass, when the week is being
accomplished, the temple of God shall be built gloriously in the
name of the Lord.

Barnabas 16:7
I find then that there is a temple, How then shall it be built in
the name of the Lord? Understand ye. Before we believed on God, the
abode of our heart was corrupt and weak, a temple truly built by
hands; for it was full of idolatry and was a house of demons, because
we did whatsoever was contrary to God.

Barnabas 16:8
But it shall be built in the name of the Lord. Give heed then that
the temple of the Lord may be built gloriously.

Barnabas 16:9
How? Understand ye. By receiving the remission of our sins and
hoping on the Name we became new, created afresh from the beginning.
Wherefore God dwelleth truly in our habitation within us. How? The
word of his faith, the calling of his promise, the wisdom of the
ordinances, the commandments of the teaching, He Himself prophesying
in us, He Himself dwelling in us, opening for us who had been in
bondage unto death the door of the temple, which is the mouth, and
giving us repentance leadeth us to the incorruptible temple.

Barnabas 16:10
For he that desireth to be saved looketh not to the man, but to Him
that dwelleth and speaketh in him, being amazed at this that he has
never at any time heard these words from the mouth of the speaker,
nor himself ever desired to hear them. This is the spiritual temple
built up to the Lord.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Interesting prophecy. The romans destroyed the temple, and it shall be the romans that rebuild it. The question is, who will build the abomination of desolation? The U.S., who is the modern day Roman Empire, or the Holy Roman Catholic Church?'

The Holy Temple Barnabas speaks of is the temple built in our hearts to the Lord, a temple that cannot ever be destroyed or corrupted. The temple that is erected when you accept the Lord Jesus Christ as savior, is that same incorruptable temple in your heart and the power of God will dwell in you forever.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I had to bump......will be chiming in later.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Explain yourself. None of this is relevant to freemasonry whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Ditto
2nd Ditto

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
God reveals this in many places as the works that cannot save the soul. The Epistle of Barnabas reveals this as clearly as any words can. Enjoy.

James 2:26 - For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

their hope is vain.

As you suggest, Barnabas provides further evidence Freemasonry is on the right track:

A small passage from the Ritual:

"Let me first draw your attention to the form of the Lodge which is a parallel epipedon, in length from East to West, in breadth between North and South, in depth from the surface of the earth to the centre, and even as high as the Heavens. The reason a Freemasons Lodge is described in this vast extent...

The Universe is the temple of the deity whom we serve...

The Heavens He has stretched forth as a canopy; the Earth He has planted as a footstool; He crowns His temple with Stars as with a diadem, and with His hand he extends the Power and Glory."

(Source: 1st Degree Tracing Board, UGLE Emulation Ritual)

Thanks for the thumbs up on Freemasonry!

edit on 23/9/2011 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The difference between the core teachings of the Bible and the core teachings of Masonry is that the Bible teaches the knowledge with words while Freemasonry at its core teachings through symbols/pictures...

Now here's the problem, with the Bible its explained flat out plainly as to the lessons and teachings of our good lord Jesus Christ (if your Christian) and then we take the lessons and base our perception as to how to imply them to a current situation and more then likely you will find a chapter in the good book that concurs with your present situation and then you get your answer.

Now with Masonry the basic concept is to learn esoteric teachings through the use of symbolism which means its all up to the perceiver to base his logic on symbols alone and with that it dosen't carry the instructions (words) to lead you down the right preceptorial path thus its based on mans perceptions alone and we all know man is flawed so in a sense its flawed teachings because its based on perception alone with no guide lines.

Now maybe some people get something out of it (Masonry i'm talking about) but if were going to look at Freemasonry in contrast to the Bible this simple fact must be brought up.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar
The difference between the core teachings of the Bible and the core teachings of Masonry is that the Bible teaches the knowledge with words while Freemasonry at its core teachings through symbols/pictures...

I like this comparison. As a Mason, I believe this is true. Very nice.

Now here's the problem, with the Bible its explained flat out plainly as to the lessons and teachings of our good lord Jesus Christ (if your Christian) and then we take the lessons and base our perception as to how to imply them to a current situation and more then likely you will find a chapter in the good book that concurs with your present situation and then you get your answer.

Now with Masonry the basic concept is to learn esoteric teachings through the use of symbolism which means its all up to the perceiver to base his logic on symbols alone and with that it dosen't carry the instructions (words) to lead you down the right preceptorial path thus its based on mans perceptions alone and we all know man is flawed so in a sense its flawed teachings because its based on perception alone with no guide lines.

"Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV: No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."

This means, if I really don't like you, I can send you to eternal damnation by castrating you. Nothing you can do about it. At all, under any circumstances, no matter how much you beg and plead with the Almighty, no matter how you have lived your life. Words, especially when translated, can sometimes take on bizarre meanings.

Thank heavens that we can interpret this as we wish.
Symbolism 1, Words 0

Now maybe some people get something out of it (Masonry i'm talking about) but if were going to look at Freemasonry in contrast to the Bible this simple fact must be brought up.

How are they different?
How come you read an English bible, where different translations have different meanings.

One of the strengths of Islam is that the Word in the Holy Quran is written in Arabic, and translations are not considered the Word of God. Christianity, on the other hand, does not have this restriction, since, with Christianity, the Bible is MEANT to be interpreted.

Surely, as soon as you accept ANY translation of the bible, words can change their meanings, especially considering that many words found in Hebrew and Greek do not have any English equivalent.

Wouldn't you say it is hypocritical to accept translations of the Words in the bible, but then condemn symbolism, since it allows interpretation?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

their hope is vain.

As you suggest, Barnabas provides further evidence Freemasonry is on the right track:

A small passage from the Ritual:

Freemasonry represents a group ideology of works. The individual represents the spiritual struggle to divide light from darkness. Just like any practice and belief, it depends on the heart of the person and the walk they take in life. The intentions of Freemasonry do not necessarily define the intent of the adherent. The house to be built, in the passage above, is the heart. The physical temple or the works of man are of little value to God. If we have faith in God, the works will follow as the fruit of our spirit. The path in the wilderness is difficult for all of us.

In the Bible, symbols are illusions to what they represent.

The Temple - Heart
Baptism - Immersion into the material world.
Veil - Keeps us living by faith and not fact by blocking the temple from direct access to the mind.
Spirit - Consciousness
Holy Spirit - Union with God's spirit in love.
Water - Blood
Drunkenness - Loving the world
Feeding the hungry - What I am doing now
Visiting the prisoner - Waking the individual up from drunkenness
Clothing the poor - Assisting others to put on righteousness
Caring for the widow and orphan - Helping others in the wilderness
The wilderness - Physical reality
The Tent - The body we reside in to sense the wilderness
The Tent opening - Eyes and ears and mouth

Link

edit on 23-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

God reveals this in many places as the works that cannot save the soul. The Epistle of Barnabas reveals this as clearly as any words can. Enjoy.

James 2:26 - For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

So true. The works, however, arise from faith. Faith does not come from works and works do not save the soul. Faith saves the soul. A faith that is absent works is dead. Direction is important. In life, we can seek reward, but suffering follows. This is taking reward. If we smoke, we get cancer. In life, we can seek to suffer for others and reward always follows. If we work for an education, we get a good job and paycheck. If we work hard at a job, the paycheck increases over time. These are all rewards followed by suffering. Faith is the same.

If we seek works to get reward, the opposite approach is taken. If we seek faith first from suffering, works will follow. The works lead to reward if we are giving from faith. Taking reward is not faith. This amounts to duplicity since we say one thing and do another. If we are seeking reward by our works, then we are really after the reward. If we do works to avoid punishment, then we are duplicitous again. If we are seeking the supreme good of God by faith, then works are the byproduct. True reward follows.

edit on 23-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The house to be built, in the passage above, is the heart. The physical temple or the works of man are of little value to God.

So, for each person, it is the intent that matters. By your own argument here, whether or not a man achieves it through religion or through Freemasonry is of little relevance to God.

I agree.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

The house to be built, in the passage above, is the heart. The physical temple or the works of man are of little value to God.

So, for each person, it is the intent that matters. By your own argument here, whether or not a man achieves it through religion or through Freemasonry is of little relevance to God.

I agree.

Faith is God's work in us, not our work in God.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Faith does not come from works and works do not save the soul. Faith saves the soul.

Since nearly all Masons worldwide are required to believe in God we all have faith in both Diety and the imortality of the soul so it seems you and I are on the same page.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Exactly my point - SuperiorEd is speaking as if he were a Freemason.
Everything he says is what Freemasonry teaches.

This is why I said thanks for the thumbs up for Freemasonry.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

So true. The works, however, arise from faith. Faith does not come from works and works do not save the soul. Faith saves the soul. A faith that is absent works is dead. Direction is important. In life, we can seek reward, but suffering follows. This is taking reward. If we smoke, we get cancer. In life, we can seek to suffer for others and reward always follows. If we work for an education, we get a good job and paycheck. If we work hard at a job, the paycheck increases over time. These are all rewards followed by suffering. Faith is the same.

Above, I quoted a small portion of the Entered Apprentice lecture. Perhaps I shall continue with another extract from the very next section in that same lecture, to show that we really are on the same page...

...by the doctrines contained in that Holy Book, we are taught to believe in the dispensations of Divine Providence, which belief strengthens our Faith, and enables us to ascend the first step; this Faith naturally creates in us a Hope of becoming partakers of the blessed promises therein recorded, which Hope enables us to ascend the second step;

(Source: 1st Degree Tracing Board, UGLE Emulation Ritual)

See, in our Ritual, the works stem from faith, exactly as you have explained above.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I see what your saying but your missing the point the Bible guides you better through perception because put simply its the word of God not theology thus the words norrow down the meaning as its meant to be, while Masonry just lets you go off on a blazay trip through your own brain without direction and its the concept of man not God...

So God's doctrine 100 Mans own doctrine 0....

Now if you aren't Christian so be it but to put Freemasonry over the Bible is wrong if you are a Christian.

My two cents anyway.

edit on 23-9-2011 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by King Seesar

You misunderstand me. I never suggested that a Christian should place Freemasonry before the bible. On the contrary, Freemasonry charges every Freemason to consider the Holy Book as the unerring standard of truth and justice and to regulate our actions by the divine precepts it contains.

I was trying to infer that symbolism is not a bad thing, but rather that it compliments the bible by making its message more accessible and understandable. The Bible should always be the final authority for every Christian.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Faith does not come from works and works do not save the soul. Faith saves the soul.

Since nearly all Masons worldwide are required to believe in God we all have faith in both Diety and the imortality of the soul so it seems you and I are on the same page.

Could be. I think faith is a matter of trust. God works on our faith as we work on our salvation. Faith is something that must be demonstrated. Salvation is a gift. It's individual.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Thank you for sharing this. Very informative. I wrote an article once on Albert Pike. This is not the version I published, but an early copy. How do you view the article? LINK

top topics

<<   2 >>

join