It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acromegaly Art Work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The last few years I have been having many problems due to health. In February 2007, I was diagnosed with a very rare medical condition called Acromegaly. I have added a link below, just in case you would like more info about Acromegaly and how it affects people.

en.wikipedia.org...

Acromegaly can be quite debilitating physically, mentally and psychologically. Anyway, getting back to the point, I have had many dreams over the last 4 years due to my medical condition and from those dreams I have done many sketches and remembered parts of dreams and pieced them together to make one large piece of painted art work on a large canvas. Many of the dreams I had were when myself and my girlfriend were apart for 8 months, she was in Australia and I was in the UK. I was having brain tumour operations and weeks of radiation therapy which seemed to conjur up all kinds of weird and wonderful dreams and nightmares. So basically this painting depicts the time that we spent apart on different sides of the world.

I am not saying that I am a great painter, far from it. I just had the urge to paint what I could remember, and this is the end result. I hope you like it.......

I have titled the painting, ACROMEGALY...........................

desmond.imageshack.us...

PS.....Please forgive me if you have seen this before, but I didn't realise that there was an Art members forum on AT
edit on 22-9-2011 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Nice work man. Keep it up! Not only are you creating good art, you are also probably benifiting from the act of painting and being focused on what you are creating.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

That looks really good

I remember you posting in a thread I wrote about computers helping recognize Acromegaly. I've been wondering how you've been. I'm glad you found something you can focus on, you have my support and my best wishes for you.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
reply to post by davethebear

That looks really good

I remember you posting in a thread I wrote about computers helping recognize Acromegaly. I've been wondering how you've been. I'm glad you found something you can focus on, you have my support and my best wishes for you.

Yeah, thanks for that Casandra......I remember thread you started about Acromegaly, unfortunately not many people contributed to it, but that is probably due to not much being known about the medical condition....

I did take the information you posted though about recognising Acromegaly via software to the endocrinology dept at my local hospital, they found the information interesting also....

thanks again....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artlicious
Nice work man. Keep it up! Not only are you creating good art, you are also probably benifiting from the act of painting and being focused on what you are creating.

Cheers for your kind comments Artlicious,

It certainly does keep my mind active, I never know what is going to appear on the canvas until the brush hits it.......but I love a surprise.........amazing what your mind conjurs up...haha...cheers again...

top topics

join