It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting a face on tax increases

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by FallenWun

What personal attack?

I guess that would be this one.

Oh, so sorry. I guess you and some others don't get everything back.
Sounds like you and the others need to get better people doing your taxes.

I guess talking out of your ass is pretty common, as all of your retorts are basically the same anecdotal posts.

Where you not only suggest that I am ignorant about taxes because I do not benefit the way you claim you and EVERYONE making under that much should and then go on to try and label my posts as "the same anecdotal posts" when not one thing I posted was anecdotal. Nothing at all. The only person doing that is you in your backpedal from your original claim.

I was just trying to have an honest conversation. I am really sorry that was too much for you. Feel free to show me my anecdotes though and really make me look stupid.

Further more, no lies.
I went on further to state that yes, it was anecdotal on everyone I knew for the $45k a year. I also did reveal that I am not a CPA.

After posting your lie as a fact and after I asked you to back it up, THEN and only then did you change it to the personal anecdote it now is. You do know that when I asked, you had not shifted yet right? You were still claiming that EVERYONE making that little fit the bill. You made the claim twice. That is why I asked you to back it up.

Yes, since you have backpedaled. The problem is that that is the problem. How can anyone take a person seriously when they post something as a fact twice and then when asked to back it up, alter it a bit and instead of admitting the error getting rudely defensive? Would you take me seriously if I pulled a stunt like that?

All you had to do was admit you could not back it up because it was not a fact. It was just your personal experience which amounts to less than 0.000001% of the US population.

I also went on to read where you and mastahunta went on to provoke me on talking out of my ass statements.

Provoke you? Is that how you blame others for how you respond to them? I can read that too and at that point you are still claiming EVERYONE that makes under 45 grand gets everything back. Since you have since admitted in a round about backpedaling kind of way that is not true then how was it not talking out of your ass?

You stated something as a fact. You posted it as if it were true. You posted it twice. Upon questioning it was revealed you had no idea what you were talking about and even less reason to believe the thing you posted as a fact. What would you call that?

Even with being called a liar, Sunsetspawn has refrained from personal attacks (for the most part). And SmedleyBurlap even hashed our differences out.

Um good for them? Not sure how that matters to me.

I know childish taunting when I see them.

Do you really? My first post to you was simply asking you to back up your claim that you stated twice as an absolute fact. All I did was ask you to back up your claim. I did it politely too. Your response was to.....

You two can have it.
When you want to return to the topic at hand, I am ready. As for this jumped rail back and forth, I am done.

Enjoy.

I was trying to be on topic but part of that for me requires having the facts. I find it difficult to have a sincere discussion on any topic when lies, rumors, and let's say "mistakes" are posted as facts in the middle.

I get it. You were wrong. You cannot admit it so you backpedaled. That takes care of that. We now know that your statement that EVERYONE making under 45 grand gets all their taxes back is completely false and that is all I wanted to know. If you were looking for a sincere discussion the topic that would have taken no more than two posts to clear up.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

reply to post by daskakik

Yes, i agree.

But I bet that people in higher tax brackets have to work harder and pay more to keep their money.

Why do you bet that?
What makes you think that and can you give me some FACTS to go with it?
Do you really think that Paris Hilton works harder than a waitress at a local diner?
Do you think Bill Gates actually works harder than the people that redid my roof this summer?

Maybe you are right. I know plenty of people that make really good money and have nice desk jobs that do not really require them to go to the office and have tons of vacation time. I also know many people that are struggling quite hard that work more than one full time labor job.

I would just like to know how you come to the conclusion you have.

I really hope my asking a sincere and on topic question about what you just wrote does not cause you to go off for another 3 pages arguing for no reason. It is just a question.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
i say let them increase taxes, selfish people hoard so much money and they dont do anything with it, especially the rich they could do so much to help out others in need like the ASPCA or the hospitals looking for funds to cure cancers and what not

but if tax increase means higher food costs and less of the dollars worth, i am both for it and against it... best to start buying gold and saving it in safes

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Sorry, but this is the last retort to you.

Not going to feed a troll.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You only need to raise taxes if you think you're not getting enough "stuff". Be it roads, wars, life-expectancy, free housing, food, bracelets, free time, or whatever.

If you think you're not getting enough "stuff", you need to either go out and get it, or come to terms with the fact that you'll never have it. Be it roads, wars, life-expectancy, free housing, food, bracelets, free time, or whatever.

Our society praises both choices.

Deal with your own $h1t.

DON'T EVER force someone to do it for you! That's slavery. Taxes are wrong.

Man up. Where's your honor?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Sunsetspawn

Your crystal ball of assumptions is broken.
Never said combat pay, never said warrant officer.

Sorry, but it is now time to move on from this as it is 90% anecdotal and the internet.

edit on 24-9-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

And the next time you claim that everyone making under 45k doesn't pay taxes I will be there to call you a liar. ATS used to be about denying ignorance, but somehow ignorance became a legitimate point of view. I'm not sure when it happened, but it did. A mod even came in to defend the honor of the ignorance, and that's a bit sad.

I'm going old school and posting some actual data. It's how we used to do things back when ATS had integrity.

Federal Tax Brackets

Your tax bracket is the rate you pay on the "last dollar" you earn; but as a percentage of your income, your tax rate is generally less than that. First, here are the tax rates and the income ranges where they apply:

If your taxable income is between: Your tax bracket is:

0-8500 10%
8500-34,000 15%
34,000-83,600 25%
174,400-379,150 33%
379,150-above 35%

To take an example, suppose your taxable income (after deductions and exemptions) was exactly $100,000 in 2008 and your status was Married filing separately; then your tax would be calculated like this:

( $ 8,025 minus 0 ) x .10 : $ 802.50
( 32,550 minus 8,025 ) x .15 : 3,678.75
( 65,725 minus 32,550 ) x .25 : 8,293.75
( 100,000 minus 65,725 ) x .28 : 9,597.00
Total: $ 22,372.00

This puts you in the 28% tax bracket, since that's the highest rate applied to any of your income; but as a percentage of the whole $100,000, your tax is about 22.37%.

www.moneychimp.com...

I'm also not sure you understand how deductions work. If you're making under 45k, then you probably know what deductions you're making to bring your taxable income to absolute zero, yet you're claiming ignorance of the tax code and a magical CPA. Anyone with even a HINT of knowledge of the tax code knows that you're lying because in order to pay nothing you need to show that you've spent every dime on something deductible. Either that or you were in a combat zone and weren't aware of it (I'm going with this one). The bottom line is that you either are eligible for a special military tax exemption or you are here to spread dissent.

I will be here to defend ATS's honor against ignorance since it seems there aren't many left to do so. This place is awash in nonsense, propaganda, rhetoric, and bizarrely polarized partisans, and when I know what I'm talking about I come hard.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

I was going to retort to you, but it is not even worth the extra time, in a lengthy explanation.
Deny ignorance by shouting down the opposing view point, call them a liar and then claim to deny ignorance.

Ok I guess.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well, in the meantime Bill'O himself has recanted his ridiculous claim

"how much of that was an empty threat?"-"All of it"

He goes on to say that he would be OK with 40% top rate, if it wasn't squandered on 16$ Muffins (Which of course never happened) and Solyndra (One 500 Million $ investment in a 350 Billion Package that went belly up... because the chinese invested a little more than a mere 500 Million)

www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl
Well, in the meantime Bill'O himself has recanted his ridiculous claim

"how much of that was an empty threat?"-"All of it"

He goes on to say that he would be OK with 40% top rate, if it wasn't squandered on 16$ Muffins (Which of course never happened) and Solyndra (One 500 Million $ investment in a 350 Billion Package that went belly up... because the chinese invested a little more than a mere 500 Million)

www.thedailyshow.com...

Why do people care about that old fool's opinion? I mean, he is convinced the "tides" are proof of god for crying out loud, and the young people watching his show are all in their 60s

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well... yeah, but I liked him backpadelling here

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join