It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 23 inch Android..has arrived !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
There is Drash kov who sat at home one day with his 10 Inch android and decided to make his own bigger and so he went out, bought himself some parts from the local store..and presto ! he can now boast of the MegaPad.. coming to a store near you .. I hope !

edit on 22/9/11 by kassych because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
And I heard pretty soon they will make full-size computers!

Oh wait...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
For myself, a man who is a total technophobe, I find these applications that people use today, totally mind blowing....

One day, man will be able to put a location on the screen and be able to go there, instantly. I have no idea when that time will be, but taking into consideration how quickly technology is moving, it won't be too long. That idea may sound stupid, childlike and impossible, and probably won't happen in my lifetime, but something similar will happen.

I am convinced that technology will expand beyond imagination and the world of Star Trek will be common place.

I just wish I could be here for time travel, but I am into my 46th year now, so that is never going to happen.....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

WOW, i want one

pity they didn't post a how-to with it!

still, won't be long until we get them off the shelf i suppose.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

I think its inevitable.. we humans have to find a way to enlarge everything small and shrink all things big ..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

you may have to take back your words on that one.. I see some breakthroughs coming out within the next 20 years ( at the current rate of advancement) that may make some semblance of it a reality.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Drashkov may want to have his own assembly line.. thats why he is hiding all the DIY stuff

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hmm. This is huge! I cant believe someone was able to...Oh, wait...

HP beat the "hacker" to it.

My bad. HP has been doing it for some time now...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kassych
reply to post by davethebear

you may have to take back your words on that one.. I see some breakthroughs coming out within the next 20 years ( at the current rate of advancement) that may make some semblance of it a reality.

Well you never know kassych, you may just be right there, the way things are going......

Doesn't seem five minutes ago that we were hard up teenagers and 5 of us having to share a Walkman to listen to the latest sounds on cassette C90 tapes......

I find the world and tchno stuff totally mind blowing today....

I have walked into several electrical high street shops the last few years and I don't even know what I am looking at on the shelves. I have asked the 17 year old guy behind the counter what a particular item is and they have just stared at me in disbelief. Basically they have just stared as though I am an old f**t and can't even be bothered to tell me. But one day that certain 17 year old will be in the same situation as me and he'll be asking virtually the same question and somebody will try to ignore him. That's how fast things are changing these days.....Craaaaazy...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
anything that releases the grip apple has on the market is a good thing in my book...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
They use even bigger ones on sky news cnn to show the weather and other maps etc. This just looks like a regular touch screen monitor hardly a stand alone pad.
edit on 22-9-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't like to use that in bed. lol

Also screen orientation could be fun.

Thinking about it, The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7inch has a HDMI cradle or Svideo connection leads and that can be plugged up to any size TV.

56" plasma TV anyone ?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Hmm. This is huge! I cant believe someone was able to...Oh, wait...

HP beat the "hacker" to it.

My bad. HP has been doing it for some time now...

that's not a touch screen?

edit: or a tablet???????!!
edit on 22-9-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Uh, did you see the touchsmart? It IS in fact a touch screen. There is more than one model on that page. Its an all in one. Essentially an overgrown tablet on a stand. and you can get them up to 26 inches and install chrome on them...

This guy has done nothing to get excited over.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

A least you gotta hand it to him for the effort.. and under 600 bucks..imagine if you were to do your 10 inch off the shelf pad.. it may cost you way much less than buying it outright .

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kassych
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

A least you gotta hand it to him for the effort.. and under 600 bucks..imagine if you were to do your 10 inch off the shelf pad.. it may cost you way much less than buying it outright .

There is an HP touchsmart that is 22 inches that starts at $299. I guess I'm just not impressed about building a PC as I have been doing it for damn near 20 years.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
wow he installed android on a off the shelf touch screen pc. amazing.

because that has not been done before.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

sorry, i didn't realise you can get 23" tablets off the shelf yet.

can you suggest anywhere I could buy one?
edit on 22-9-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join