It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peace-Movement was a Soviet Psy-Operation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
America's youth have been proven an exploitable asset to a determined enemy... Imagine how much more manipulable and exploitable they have become in the digital age?

Yes. Young people are easy to energize and enthuse. This can be good but it can also go in another direction...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

This is what the CIA wants us to believe.

Thats what the KGB keeps saying. The KGB and the CIA...the two biggest propaganda artists of the 20th Century.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
You are going to have to include the Environmental groups as well. In the 70's and 80"s the Soviets were supplying funding and information to Greenpeace and other groups. In the mid 80's several crewmen in ASW aircraft recieved letters from Greenpeace berating them for using sonar near whales. These letters mentioned specific days, dates and times, as well as identifying the specific aircraft. This information was CORRECT. Flight schedules are considered classified documents. It came to light during the interrogation of John Walker, that the Soviets were intercepting the transmitted schedules and giving the information to Greenpeace. I recieved one of the letters and eventually had to turn it over to NIS.

I had no idea about any Greenpeace-Soviet connection. If you have any (preferably non-biased) sources on this, Id love to see them.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Hmmmm?
It has been shown you, from the spanish american war to today that several false flags (including the Pearl Harbour attack, were actually perpetrated by the ruling elite manipulating circumstances......behind the scenes......)
Why is it any different in this instance?

What makes this case particularly interesting is that it shows how something that looks appealing is easier to sell to mass-audiences than some sinister and nefarious plot. Peace is appealing. Similarly, Google is appealing, but who knows whether or not it is some conspiracy....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Headband7
As far as conspiracies go that's not a terrible one I guess. At least they spread something good like anit-war even if it was with bad intentions.

I thought so too. But stumbling upon this data it makes me wonder what the world would look like if American war efforts hadnt stopped the Nazi regimes of Japan and Germany. War waged in defence isnt always bad it would seem.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

What is Wrong with Peace ?

Think about what you are saying here ?

You are implying that a foreign nation initiated a movement for peace. And not terrorism and war.

But PEACE.

What is wrong with that ?

What is wrong with Peace ?

Are you that brainwashed ?

As already mentioned I have no problem with peace, but with hardened military strategists using it as a tool for subversion.

If America had gotten rid of all of its nukes but the Soviets not...then that "Peace" would be short-lived.

Please do not misrepresent what this is about.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

America's youth have been proven an exploitable asset to a determined enemy... Imagine how much more manipulable and exploitable they have become in the digital age?

Yes. Young people are easy to energize and enthuse. This can be good but it can also go in another direction...

True, but direction is everything... And in my opinion, The US intelligence community has been entirely too complacent in that regard.. In fact they have completely failed over the past 25+ years at mitigating this enemy's influence... They have completely underestimated their involvement altogether.

Just my opinion, of course.

edit on 22-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it past the KGB to support the US peace movement. They tried everything from cultivating telepathic spies to developing undetectable poisons. The Cold War could be credited with the incredibly fast expansion of technology since the second world war. It was an impetus to out-do the other with life-or-death consequences for failure.

The Soviets had a lot to gain by demilitarizing the US population. China has the same benefits to gain, but sports, movies, and video games have made sure than the American male remains just as hormonally charged and ready to kill as ever. (Not trying to implicate any of those industries into a conspiracy; just throwing out ideas).

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
While I think its very true the Soviets and Soviet satellites had a heavy influence on the peace and no-nuke movement, I think it would be unfair to say that without Soviet assistance these movements wouldn’t exist. From what I have read there seemed to be four groups who made up these organizations.

1 Outright Soviet agents (

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Do you think the hatred, contempt and general sentiments so many young Americans have toward their own government, agencies, military and financial institutions, banking, corporate entities etc. is all genuine?

Being critical of the Government is one thing, but I find it interesting how some...ummm...sources are critical of U.S. Government only and entirely uncritical when it comes to any other Government. Thats something that has been fascinating me and leading me to research whether some of it is driven by hidden agendas instead of journalistic inquiry.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Yes but we also got a lot of their war mongering military and SS men and those mad human experiment conducting scientist in Project Paperclip. Some eventually joined and others say "formed" NASA and beget operations like the Manhattan Project, so it all sort of balances out the effect of the war and the peace.

Taking their best scientists maybe wasnt such a bad move. Ethically questionable for sure, but it would seem our entire NASA space program is lifted from there...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

My grandfather was drafted into the Bundeswehr and even though he didn't believe in the Nazi Party or their Leader Adolph Hitler, he was obligated as German citizen to fight in their Fascist motivated War.

After being near mortally wounded in the Ukraine and returning to Germany as a near invalid and surviving to tell us about the horrors of WAR.

He forbade any of us to serve the masters as cannon fodder for future wars whether in Germany or here in the US as we were born here.

THIS is Why we didn't partake in the Vietnam War and had very little to do with the outside influence of " Soviet Commies".

But belief in Peace.

PEACE.

Again, I have no problem with Peace and understand that the majority (those called "useful idiots" by some KGB Generals) are well-intentioned.

However, didnt the U.S., with its war-efforts, help stop the Nazi Regime? And was not Russia also involved in Vietnam? (Does not Russia also deserve to be protested against for their activities in Vietnam?)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Begin your research by asking one question first... Who benefits most from this (insert activist/hacker groups and/or activists events here) ultimately?... Warning, shocking discoveries lie ahead, they wont always be clear.. By design.

Yeah, the USA is always the ultimate villain.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I believe this to be nonsense.
No Russians were involved, just the people.

You then believe that the Historians who invested a lot of time researching these connections and the KGB-agents who testified, are talking nonsense. Not to mention that "just the people" do not have the funds involved in these campaigns.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

So far it working very good even though i don't believe the Russians ever dreamed that communist China would be the ones to benefit from the meddling

Kind of ironic, isnt it...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thereisnotry
The Soviets had a lot to gain by demilitarizing the US population. China has the same benefits to gain, but sports, movies, and video games have made sure than the American male remains just as hormonally charged and ready to kill as ever. (Not trying to implicate any of those industries into a conspiracy; just throwing out ideas).

..on the other hand, mass obesity in the U.S. and the U.S. especially, neutralizes that advantage...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
1 Outright Soviet agents (

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

True, but direction is everything... And in my opinion, The US intelligence community has been entirely too complacent in that regard.. In fact they have completely failed over the past 25+ years at mitigating this enemy's influence... They have completely underestimated their involvement altogether.

If all of this stuff is indeed true, then U.S. Intelligence is less aware than generally assumed. On the other hand, the Soviet Empire has fallen, and the U.S. is still hanging in there. Not as strong as we used to, but we're still there.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Interesting that your post brought propaganda from the both the Nazi Party and the KKK on just the first page.

You also need to clean this up by mentioning that many, like me who were involved with the Peace Movement found out and quit later on. Most of us were honestly seeking peace and had no connection to the dark side. When we figured it out, we got out of it. The people you are talking about are very violent. They tricked lots of people. They continue to trick them today only the new target is to help wipe out Israel, which is one of their goals. Peace was never their goal.

Dig up anyone connected with Bill Ayers to follow the trail. Right now Ayers is trying to spark a war in the Middle East. He is behind the mess between Turkey and Israel. He and his associates that is as I don't know how much power he has these days. Looks like that so called Peace Activist and self admitted domestic terrorist is having lots of success. This is a long story.

Many of the current people teaching in Universities are involved as well as many surrounding Obama. Schools like Harvard are heavily involved from administrators on down the ladder. Even Obama taught Saul Alinsky and we know that from an old tape of him teaching a class that I'm sure most people here have seen, but won't admit too. These people you are talking about are in the White House right now running the country. If people understood the truth their skin would crawl. Expect Obama to help incite a huge Mideast War before he leaves office. Knowing he will loose the next election should kick it all into high gear shortly.

This is part of a plan that spans generations and they have patience, but they may never control the White House again, so it makes me very nervous. If they think this is their one time opportunity, anything might happen.

People debate about the Illuminati who may or may not exist and are probably a myth, but these folks are real and teaching our children, running for office and working towards a take over. They said they would do it without firing a shot and they may if people continue to be so naive about them.

As to MLK, I believe he would have spit in their faces. His connection is a well know bit of KKK propaganda and its a good way to identify members of the KKK or other White Supremacy groups. They use that lie, you can be fairly sure they are a White Supremacist or were raised by one.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The Soviets were no longer a factor by the early 80's ... From there another enemy has quietly moved in, and has far surpassed anything the Soviets could have accomplished, on multiple levels, psy-ops being only a component of that.

The USA is hanging in there, but if you really take a long look at things, the staggering national debt crisis, trade imbalance, deficits, states and local governments nearly bankrupt, lowered credit rating, growing extreme unemployment crisis, costly foreign wars, relocation of US manufacturing, businesses and outsourcing of jobs all to foreign countries, and primarily to China..... On and on and on... We are barely hanging in there, by the smallest of threads.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join