It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peace-Movement was a Soviet Psy-Operation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

America's youth have been proven an exploitable asset to a determined enemy... Imagine how much more manipulable and exploitable they have become in the digital age?

Food for thought.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Are you implying we should be grateful to the Soviets for orchestrating change in America?

Not a rhetorical question.

I had always considered those were genuine concerns of the people that were attempting to lead us out of racial segregation. I have never considered before the Soviets were behind the peace marches, MLK, and such.

YOU interject the Soviet aspect, not I. Is that your conclusion?

edit on 22-9-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You are going to have to include the Environmental groups as well. In the 70's and 80"s the Soviets were supplying funding and information to Greenpeace and other groups. In the mid 80's several crewmen in ASW aircraft recieved letters from Greenpeace berating them for using sonar near whales. These letters mentioned specific days, dates and times, as well as identifying the specific aircraft. This information was CORRECT. Flight schedules are considered classified documents. It came to light during the interrogation of John Walker, that the Soviets were intercepting the transmitted schedules and giving the information to Greenpeace. I recieved one of the letters and eventually had to turn it over to NIS.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hmmmm?
Dont you suppose that these deep mind games are the essence of the controlling of populace?
(populations? whatever....)
The facts stand naked before you.
There are countless instances of deceptions and misinformations used to move the general populace one way or another......
It apears to me that we are actually being exterminated by a subset of humanity which is insane and psychotic.
(the subset that is....)
It has been shown you, from the spanish american war to today that several false flags (including the Pearl Harbour attack, were actually perpetrated by the ruling elite manipulating circumstances......behind the scenes......)
Why is it any different in this instance?
As i am sure that the US has all kinds of money from the black funds available to them, for destabilisation of entire countries and their regimes , whatever the stripe they hold politically.
The Intelligence services have been actively using psyops on the whole world population, ever since the whole brainwashing concept has been perfected.
The Fifties/60s saw the operation mockingbird scandal illustrate succinctly how media is subject to manipulations by those with the means to control it from without and within.
How much of our world is the creation of these machinations?
THAT is the QUESTION de Jour!
It is up to each of us to educate as many as we can to the mind manipulation possibilities........
You cannot convince me that these so called colour revolutions that were popular a while back were not funded as heavily as possible by the CIA where appropriate.
Its all pretty much bull# as far as i can determine.
These are the distractions that keep us blind to what reality may be.........

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

America's youth have been proven an exploitable asset to a determined enemy... Imagine how much more manipulable and exploitable they have become in the digital age?

Food for thought.

Do you suppose our enemies are exploiting us through the digital age now? In what way?

There seem to be two large camps, those who decry our loss of privacies and individual freedoms, and those who believe Patriot Act and such things are good for us and should be broadly accepted as necessary to live freely in this day. Which side is being manipulated by nefarious entities?

Looking back over the latter half of the 20th century I would think some of our most stellar moments would include the peace marches that liberated the races, our environmental consciousness, etc. Now we are being told these were all products and inspirations of some evil communist plot. What paths might we have taken otherwise and where would we be today? Would we be the indisputable totalitarian global dictatorial power with no moral convictions and outrage?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

See my post on page two.

There will be another time and place for that discussion in time.

In short, YES.... And that enemy has already achieved most of their goals on many fronts.

I didn't want to distract from Sky's amazing thread, which should stand alone as a warning... Not only will history eventually often repeat itself, it will likely repeat it and surpass its previous achievements on every conceivable level. And in this case, it very likely already has.

edit on 22-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is what the CIA wants us to believe.

Perhaps it's true but we shall not forget the Heroin epidemic that came with the Vietnam war that took many American's lives...

Most of you are too young to remember the vets returning from Vietnam in either a casket or addicted to Heroin.

Yes, this was a major problem with the Vietnam war.

I personally knew a vet , a neighbor of ours who returned from 'Nam addicted to Heroin.

I had always really looked up to him because he was a collegiate level wrestler who had later been drafted.
Also because his younger brother though older than I, couldn't pin me after his instruction and coaching.

Upon returning from Nam addicted, He ended up turning to crime to support his habit and later dying during a burglary attempt. Shot dead while entering someone's home.

But These types of personal experiences had much to do with the peace movement. The abuse of our young merely for what ? The mere financial benefits of the Rich ?

My parents wore their peace sign buttons very proudly when we marched...and my Brother (a national merit scholar ) was a draft dodger and proud of it !

That's what the Peace Movement was all about on a grass roots level..
Americans sick and tired of being used as cannon fodder ....in an another Illegal Undeclared War.

Against people whom had never done us any harm.

We could care less what the CIA tells us might have been the influence.

What they aren't telling us is that the CIA were the ones cultivating the Heroin, Flooding the markets, bringing the cost down to less than that of a Six Pack of Beer...!

Exactly as what is going on in Afghanistan today and a worldwide epidemic of Heroin !

PEACE
edit on 22-9-2011 by nh_ee because: The Truth Shall Set You Free !

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

"One day we shall start to spread the most theatrical peace movement the world has ever seen. The capitalist countries, stupid and decadent...will fall into the trap offered by the possibility of making new friends. Our day will come in 30 years or so...The bourgeoisie must be lulled into a false sense of security."

Interesting.

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

I had always considered those were genuine concerns of the people that were attempting to lead us out of racial segregation. I have never considered before the Soviets were behind the peace marches, MLK, and such.

You brought up racial segregation. I did not say the Soviets are behind the civil liberties movement and MLK. I said they orchestrated some of the peace- and anti-war movement for psy-op purposes. Those are two different things.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

As far as conspiracies go that's not a terrible one I guess. At least they spread something good like anit-war even if it was with bad intentions.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What is Wrong with Peace ?

Think about what you are saying here ?

You are implying that a foreign nation initiated a movement for peace. And not terrorism and war.

But PEACE.

What is wrong with that ?

What is wrong with Peace ?

Are you that brainwashed ?

edit on 22-9-2011 by nh_ee because: I am so sick and tired of being Social Engineered.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Do you think the hatred, contempt and general sentiments so many young Americans have toward their own government, agencies, military and financial institutions, banking, corporate entities etc. is all genuine?

Don't underestimate our current enemies, or those in the past now revealed when it comes to elaborate and highly sophisticated psy-operations.

Influencing the future through the youth of the present has proven to be the single most effective weapon against the USA ever... In my opinion...

It is ongoing, and intensifying...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Consider the possibilities!

More to come, in another discussion one day.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

I'm not sure if you needed to fund anti nuke propaganda. People are not stupid, people realized the potential devastation of these weapons and rightfully protested against them. You don't need too much propaganda to realise the effects of Nuclear weapons.

Power. Not weapons.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

My grandfather was drafted into the Bundeswehr and even though he didn't believe in the Nazi Party or their Leader Adolph Hitler, he was obligated as German citizen to fight in their Fascist motivated War.

After being near mortally wounded in the Ukraine and returning to Germany as a near invalid and surviving to tell us about the horrors of WAR.

He forbade any of us to serve the masters as cannon fodder for future wars whether in Germany or here in the US as we were born here.

THIS is Why we didn't partake in the Vietnam War and had very little to do with the outside influence of " Soviet Commies".

But belief in Peace.

PEACE.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Headband7
As far as conspiracies go that's not a terrible one I guess. At least they spread something good like anit-war even if it was with bad intentions.

They were anti-US war. That's not the same thing as anti-war in general. The same agency fully supported Soviet-initiated and Soviet-supported wars.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yes but we also got a lot of their war mongering military and SS men and those mad human experiment conducting scientist in Project Paperclip. Some eventually joined and others say "formed" NASA and beget operations like the Manhattan Project, so it all sort of balances out the effect of the war and the peace.

No peace was had...believe you me.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Not just in the US,the campaign for nuclear disarmament(CND) movement in the UK has been widely accepted as a soviet run disinfo campaign.Calling for unilateral disarmament and, like in the US,making no mention of Soviet nuclear weapons proliferation.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Some eventually joined and others say "formed" NASA and beget operations like the Manhattan Project, .

"Hiroshima" August 6, 1945

"Project Paperclip," 1946

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I actually think this is nonsense. The biggest influence in the war protest was the draft. I was 18 in 1968. The idea of being forced to go to fight an unjust war (police action) with a basically unjust draft system, a well connected daddy could always get you out. The draft brought home the fact that wars have costs, unlike now where the typical American only sees war on a theoretical level -- modern war brought a cut in taxes and no one really had to go, unless they wanted to.

Different when your whole direction in life and could be upset at the whim of a group of men on the draft board. We were also called commies back then, it was us the students against the hardhats, for the most part. My father found that I had been arrested at a protest after Kent state, he became firmly convinced I was a commie and refused to have anything to do with me until I was in my 40's.

The idea that people protested the war because it was a communist plan is as old as McCarthy and I can not be convinced that there was a plot or at least one that actually affected any thing. I don't imagine many in here have had rocks thrown at them and been spit on by their fellow citizens for being a dirty commie war protester.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I believe this to be nonsense.

The modern 'peace movement' got it's start in 1958 when J.B. Priestly, an English novelist, had an article published in the New Statesman called, "Britain and the Nuclear Bombs".

A lot of people wrote in with their disapproval of nuclear weapons. This lead to the editor of the New Statesman, Kingsley Martin, chairing a meeting out of which was formed the 'Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament', CND.

The well known 'peace symbol' is the CND symbol, designed by Gerald Holtom in 1958. Semaphore flags for the letters ND.

In the 1980's there was a renewed interest in CND, and I can say from personal experience of being there that a band called Crass, and the Anarcho-Punk movement, was responsible for that.

No Russians were involved, just the people.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Many of the anti war movement people moved to the environmentalist movement.
I saw this with the Sierra club in the late 1970s early 1980s when it went from a hikeing and climbing club to a radical environmental group. Many pre radical takeover members quit after this takeover. i was one of those members that quit.
www.discoverthenetworks.org...
You can see this in people like John Kerry and his wife.
Kerry's wife is one of the biggest funders of global warming movement.
discoverthenetworks.org...
discoverthenetworks.org...

The people that run the environmental movement today are trained by the old pro communist anti war people and use this to deindustrelise the US.
Part of the old russian plan was to use groups to deindustrialize the US. to limit the manufacturing base to a point that a WW2 type buildup in manufacturing could never happen again.

Once russia folded they they no longer controlled these groups and the groups took a life of there own.

So far it working very good even though i don't believe the Russians ever dreamed that communist China would be the ones to benefit from the meddling

edit on 22-9-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join