It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peace-Movement was a Soviet Psy-Operation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
And if not for that same faction organizing all this there would have been no peace marches in the South and we would still have segregated schools, neighborhoods, restaurants, drinking fountains, etc.

The first large scale desegregation of schools in the U.S. as well as the first affirmative action program was initiated by Richard Nixon, not by peace-protesters.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I think if more were to look closer they will find that LBJ actually did a considerable amount of effort for the civil rights movement. More so than he is often given credit or recognized for.

edit on 22-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

And if not for that same faction organizing all this there would have been no peace marches in the South and we would still have segregated schools, neighborhoods, restaurants, drinking fountains, etc.

The first large scale desegregation of schools in the U.S. as well as the first affirmative action program was initiated by Richard Nixon, not by peace-protesters.

Then all we had to do was be patient? Those marches and protests served no other purpose than to disrupt our nation, I suppose. Much ado about nothing.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Then all we had to do was be patient? Those marches and protests served no other purpose than to disrupt our nation, I suppose. Much ado about nothing.

I dont know the answers to those questions. I am just laying out the facts as they stand. I have no problem with the peace movement as such. I do have a problem with the peace-movement cynically being used as a tool.

Also, the U.S. was not quite as backward and horrible was claimed.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
IMO MLK was genuine but the forces surrounding the expanded situation were nefarious in nature. Many had suspicions and theories that the Soviets were behind such activities. This doesn't surprise me. However, I feel that the era in question would have taken place irregardless of the Soviets participation and that the Soviets were along for the ride not the cause. This period in US history and consciousness was coming to pass in any case.

Its interesting to think about whether we would have taken a similar journey without Soviet influence.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I would take at least that second source with a planet-sized chunk of salt. It's a David Duke/Stormfront production.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I dont know the answers to those questions. I am just laying out the facts as they stand. I have no problem with the peace movement as such. I do have a problem with the peace-movement cynically being used as a tool.

Also, the U.S. was not quite as backward and horrible was claimed.

In case you weren't around for it let me assure you that up through the mid-60's we were still quite backwards in many ways. It may, then, be hard to appreciate how much we have changed.

edit on 22-9-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

I would take at least that second source with a planet-sized chunk of salt. It's a David Duke/Stormfront production.

I wouldnt use a David Duke / Stormfront production as a "source".

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Oops, replied to you by mistake. The post above yours with the martinlutherkingdotorg link was the one I meant.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Oops, replied to you by mistake. The post above yours with the martinlutherkingdotorg link was the one I meant.

Good, Im relieved. Also because it would support my hunch that MLK is genuine.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

One theory I was kicking around for a while was the idea that martyrs were created for the peace movement as a way of securing it as the 'one true way' to effect change.

Therefore, the likes of Gandhi, Martin Luther King and John Lennon were murdered in the hope that their message (one of peaceful protest) would become the preferred philosophy for changing the world.

Knowing deep down that peaceful protest isn't going to change a thing, those in the upper echelons of power can relax knowing their stranglehold upon the planet is secure.

That was the very basic premise of it - the full theory was a lot more complicated than that and, in truth, I began running myself in circles with all of the different potentialities of it.

But yes, like I said, just a theory.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

In case you weren't around for it let me assure you that up through the mid-60's we were still quite backwards in many ways. It may, then, be hard to appreciate how much we have changed.

Are you implying we should be grateful to the Soviets for orchestrating change in America?

Not a rhetorical question.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Brilliant post.

Flash forward to today... What do you think of the possibility that China, and Chinese covert cyber-intelligence are actually behind the "Anonymous" group, and affiliates, and other forms of "resistance", anti-corporate and anti-government/establishment movements? And they have likely been at this in one form or another over the last 25+ years?

Of course no one will likely even consider that possibility because everyone is certain that China is not really our enemy, and the only true terrorists or evil in this world is the entire US government and military.... Right?

Amazing testament to the effectiveness of "The Plan" ... The real plan.

edit on 22-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

So if I believe in that possibility would that make me delusional, a realist, paranoid, overzealous patriot or a conspiracist?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

So if I believe in that possibility would that make me delusional, a realist, paranoid, overzealous patriot or a conspiracist?

Depending on your level of conditioning, it could make you any or all of those.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
See i do not buy into this whole commie-usa backed secret kgb-cia conflict.

Truth be told the Rothschild families took out Nicholas II and his whole family in Russia, then installed Stalin. Then in 1913 with the Federal Reserve Act by Wilson they moved to appoint their own men into government. Yes there was indeed a winding up of war, because war is money, but to say one side would annihalate the other is insanity.

It would be like you blowing up your own brother, and that does not happen when your brother is in charge of the opposing team

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

One theory I was kicking around for a while was the idea that martyrs were created for the peace movement as a way of securing it as the 'one true way' to effect change.

If you prepared a write-up of this theory, feel free to post it here. Did you find any evidence of it?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Flash forward to today... What do you think of the possibility that China, and Chinese covert cyber-intelligence are actually behind the "Anonymous" group, and affiliates, and other forms of "resistance", anti-corporate and anti-government/establishment movements? And they have likely been at this in one form or another over the last 25+ years?

If it happened in History again and again, it is sensible to look into it happening again right now.

The anon-China connection is a good idea I hadnt thought of. Also, China having overtaken the U.S. economically, it would be very interesting to look into whether they had a hand at the extreme anti-corporate information that has been emerging since recent decades.

Thanks for posting. I hadnt even thought of this yet.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
See i do not buy into this whole commie-usa backed secret kgb-cia conflict.

Despite the evidence?

Truth be told the Rothschild families took out Nicholas II and his whole family in Russia, then installed Stalin. Then in 1913 with the Federal Reserve Act by Wilson they moved to appoint their own men into government. Yes there was indeed a winding up of war, because war is money, but to say one side would annihalate the other is insanity.

If that were so it would not exclude anything said in the OP. There are a number of different games played on the global gameboard.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Evidence? As far as I can remember I didn't find anything I would cite as damning evidence, it was mostly speculation and circumstantial evidence. I will have to try and dig it out and see how it still looks after a few months in exile.

As for your OP, there is this quote I was just reminded of:

Apparently, in 1931, students at the Lenin School of Political Warfare in Moscow were taught:

"One day we shall start to spread the most theatrical peace movement the world has ever seen. The capitalist countries, stupid and decadent...will fall into the trap offered by the possibility of making new friends. Our day will come in 30 years or so...The bourgeoisie must be lulled into a false sense of security."

Interesting.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join