It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA - S. P. Worden: no aliens means no money.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yesterday NASA chief S.P.Worden was paying a visit to Lithuanian universities and had attended a science conference. The original article could be found (use google translate) here article.

The thing is: one of the students asked - are you hiding UFO's?

S. P. Worden fun laughed and said, quite a logical story about it, as he sought to answer this question:

"When I was a U.S. Air Force colonel, one of my teachers and counselors have been retired general Bernard Schriever, who led the military space program in the sixth decade of the last century.

One evening we took a few glasses of whiskey - in fact, quite a lot. And I noticed that he was already quite a lot tipsy of whiskey, so I asked: "General, head of the space program, some people claimed to have seen a lot of flying saucer, and space ships. Can you tell me whether that is at least as far as the truth? "He's got silent for a few moments and then looked at me... I thought "Well, he tells me something, he knows something." Then he laughed and said: "Colonel Worden, you know me, if I would know any evidence that aliens exist, I would take them immediately to the U.S. Congress and make them scared so that they begin to rotate the head in order to get more money for me. And you would do so."

As far as I know (S. P. Worden), the U.S. Congress, there is not one bureaucrat, who would miss out on what the available know-how, to get the money, so it seems to me very little likelihood that there is any mystery connected with the aliens that people are hiding, because it would be much more beneficial for people to reveal, to scare them and to secure resources. And I do not see anything. "

Well.. i would think that they might do the opposite: hide from people and try to get more out of it.
What's your opinion?
edit on 2011.9.22 by amfis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Did he actually answer the question though?

He redirected the context of it to the air-force, this implies DOD. NASA is not as well funded as DOD, they appear to deal more with the physical universe excluding the study of life which may or may not inhabit it.
He may have been talking about what the air-force may have done in decades past which did lead to them receiving an unbelievable amount of funding. Maybe NASA is the laundrette fronting the gun running business in back.

It is possible that what he did say though not answering the question he was given, may have indirectly answered the question, just a thought, get what I mean?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

Might be.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfis

Well.. i would think that they might do the opposite: hide from people and try to get more out of it.
What's your opinion?

i agree with you...
hiding the facts from the people means even more money for them!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EmilNomel

If that is possible then this scenario could be accepted as well:
- country x has acquired some alien hi-tech knowledge
- they hide it from the public, cause there is no point to share information, better use for warfare and stuff
- same country x offer some small bits of alien hi-tech for country y, z and w for insane moneys or other resources
- every country in the chain denies everything

What's the point for hiding it? I think they are afraid that everyone will be equal to everyone, no more differences between countries or nations, no rights for everyone, no free energy. There might be a economic reasons as well.

Good said Mr. Worden: it's all about MONEYS and power.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by amfis

Worden is the head of the Ames center, not all of NASA. That's Buddy Bolden.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
No aliens means no money for NASA.

BUT

No aliens means A LOT OF MONEY for all the global system.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Frankly, I didn't get much worthwhile out of that except spin and deflection. --(We are to take the second-hand word of a drunken general from an official that is duty-bound to hide important info?) But it reminded me of something I experienced which to my conspiracy-minded brain is extremely telling about NASA.

Two summers ago, I went to the Kennedy Space Center to watch the liftoff of the next to last shutte. It was delayed and I never saw the launch that day. So I spent the better part of the day touring the Space Center itself. The huge gift shop has about everything imaginable in it that relates to space and NASA.

Except for one thing. After my casual browsing the first time through the store, I was enjoying a sandwich and realized that I hadn't noticed any sign of an important part of my life: UFOs! I finished eating and re-entered the store for an hour's fruitless search. In the entire store, two floors, there was not one cap, T-shirt, key chain or any item that contained a depiction of or the term UFO or flying saucer.

NASA controls the content of that store, not the retail contractor, evidently NASA said no UFOs allowed on the premises. Make of it what you will. To me at least, it was confirmation of censorship at a ridiculous level.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by amfis

So if a General were to discover technology that is so advanced that thoses who found it could literally propel themselves centuries (technologically) over their peers. They would go to congress and scare them to get more money? I'm pretty sure there are other channels (corporate maybe?) that would allow for plenty of money and to keep all of that under wrap, therefore more power to thoses who have access to that information.

I think he avoided the question or is simply naive about it.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by amfis

post by amfis
so it seems to me very little likelihood that there is any mystery connected with the aliens that people are hiding,

Wow your easily pleased , so just because Worden recounts this story that means Aliens aren't or haven't visited Earth ?
NASA's budget isn't determined by the search for life but scientific discovery , exploration and more recently sending unmanned missions to our neighboring planets , if they were serious about finding extraterrestrial life we would have had the results from a serious test of Mars .....we are still waiting .
edit on 22-9-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

This is not my words, it's Worden said. Notice quotes in the end of the paragraph.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by amfis

You may want to clean up your thread , use the external tags to show what is quoted from your source and not your own comment .

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hey, good idea, thanks!

new topics

top topics

join