It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undocumented Women Forced To Give Birth While Shackled And In Police Custody

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP
This is absolutely sickening. I have to say this, revolt in the U.S. is coming, this is out of hand. Such a disregard for human life should be grounds for prosecution.

I would absolutely love if this country did revolt - against the constant stream of illegals coming into this country.

It is not disregard for human life, she is treated the same as any other CRIMINAL (pregnant or otherwise) will be treated in a medical situation.

Prisoners are chained to a bed - so what?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

All elements of EMTALA as well as HIPPA were followed to the letter. The requirements for an in custody patient were followed. state law was followed and is in complaince with US Supreme Court rulings dealing with in custody patients and medical responsibility.

If anything its going to be possible that the lady wont have any medical bills. Because she is in the custody of the Sheriff, they are echnically responsible for it.

The guy talking about driving while revoked / suspeneed is NOT accurate. Municial officers can cite and release. County Sheriff's, who operate under state law, are generally required to arrest and take to jail people who are DWL/DWR.

I am getting a little bit tired of people breaking the law and then getting upset because they demand special treatment.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
post removed by staff

mighty brave behind your keyboard son.

doubt you would be as much in person.

have a good evenin.

May your family remain safe.
edit on Thu Sep 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceFlower

This is absolutely sickening. I have to say this, revolt in the U.S. is coming, this is out of hand. Such a disregard for human life should be grounds for prosecution.

I would absolutely love if this country did revolt - against the constant stream of illegals coming into this country.

It is not disregard for human life, she is treated the same as any other CRIMINAL (pregnant or otherwise) will be treated in a medical situation.

Prisoners are chained to a bed - so what?

Also, I was considering this.

the baby was taken away for a reason....care. My baby was premmy by 30 days. She went to nicu.

I'm pretty sure the same was done here.

Now, shes a fiery red headed monster

just like her mama!

I"m a lucky man!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

mighty brave behind your keyboard son.

doubt you would be as much in person.

have a good evenin.

May your family remain safe.

Actually I am just the same in person..

My family is always safe...because they know they can depend on me regardless...if I have a weapon..unlike gun owners...completely useless without their gun.

But I am not about to get into an internet tough guy one-upmanship....

I would say have a safe night but I could care less..

edit on 22-9-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Misterlondon

Had it been a Guatemalan that entered into Mexico for instance, she would have likely been shot dead.

I'd say we are fairly compassionate. in that regard.

ah..but isn't this what makes your nation great? isn't this what your nation stands for?

i come from a place that has a massive amount of immigration.. more than you could possibly imagine... i dont like what happens here and there are real problems in the uk now.

but.. i dont blame the immigrants personally, they are human beings like you and i.. they just want a better life for themselves and their children, and you can bet your ass id be doing exactly the same thing if it meant my child lived in a clean safe environment with an education and was able to eat 3 good meals a day, rather than live in a hut with no food, no running water, no hygiene, no education etc..

now im fully aware that some only do it to abuse the system and are undesirable individuals but the problems lie within the governments and the policies and policing of immigration and illegals..

its actually quite ironic to hear staunch Americans with extreme views on immigrants because your country was built on immigration of which yourself are a descendant of.

one great comment i read on this page summed up perfectly and said all that is needed to be said..

kudos to him.. its something like this..

should she have given birth while being shackled.. no

should she have been deported after giving birth...yes

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Had it been a Guatemalan that entered into Mexico for instance, she would have likely been shot dead.

I'd say we are fairly compassionate. in that regard.

ah..but isn't this what makes your nation great? isn't this what your nation stands for?

i come from a place that has a massive amount of immigration.. more than you could possibly imagine... i dont like what happens here and there are real problems in the uk now.

but.. i dont blame the immigrants personally, they are human beings like you and i.. they just want a better life for themselves and their children, and you can bet your ass id be doing exactly the same thing if it meant my child lived in a clean safe environment with an education and was able to eat 3 good meals a day, rather than live in a hut with no food, no running water, no hygiene, no education etc..

Are you willing to allow others to move into your house and disrupt your way of life regardless of "how nice" they are?

Are you PERSONALLY happy to feed, clothe, and house them.....in YOUR house?

I'm not.

Seems that your country is (shall we say) not doing very well with "diversity".

"Dont come into this neighbor if your not a muslim" ?

edit on 22/9/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by Quadrivium
Sorry, I do not see the problem here.
When you knowingly break the law then you know there will be consequences. If the mother and child were not physically hurt -no harm no foul.
Many of you need to dry your eyes and bandage your bleeding hearts.
Quad

How do You define "hurt?" As in an infant failing to get the immune system enhancers in mother's milk?

I'd call that criminal to deny an infant that advantage in life.

Awww, do you need a shoulder to cry on?
If you break the law this is the what happens. Sorry but That's the way it is.....
Do all Mothers breast feed? No.
Do all babies who are not breast fed have immune deficiencies? No
Illegal is illegal.
if you intentionally break the law then you pay the consequences. If anything happens with the baby it is the mothers fault for breaking said law and she should be held accountable.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Illegal immigration is a hot button issue, and a problem in the USA. We accept people into the country and have no problem with immigrants that took the hard road to become citizens, we welcome them in with open arms and give them the fair shot, as we all should. However, this is not the case and here are the facts of the story that is presented:

The women in the story are not just illegal immigrants, but criminals in their own right. The were caught once before, deported and then returned to the United States of America, breaking the laws again. The woman in article, was pulled over and detained for driving without a license, and chances are had no insurance on the vehicle. She was pregnant and then was treated like any other criminal in that position.

Being pregnant is not a free pass to break laws or to violate the laws cause they are inconvenient. Other female convicts who are arrested, and give birth, go through exactly what the women in the article do, taken to a hospital, and if in a state that does not have the restrictions, are chained to the bed, then give birth, see the child and then the child is taken away.

This is part of the problem and the women there in the article are terrible mothers, especially since they decided to put the lives of their children at risk, all to break the law, and ultimately the only victims of this entire situation is the children, which have no choice.

People would ask for sympathy and understanding, however, the question should be is it right to ignore the laws in favor of one group? After all if you trespass on private property, you would get arrested. And in short these women, knowingly and willfully broke the law. We can not just give them a free pass, nor should we, and ultimately, they are going to have to be held accountable for their actions, and if it means they lose custody of their children, then that is the price they will have to pay for their actions.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Are you willing to allow others to move into your house and disrupt your way of life regardless of "how nice" they are? Are you PERSONALLY happy to feed, clothe, and house them.....in YOUR house? I'm not. Seems that your country is (shall we say) not doing very well with "diversity". "Dont come into this neighbor if your not a muslim" ?

no.. to be honest its not dealing with it very well, and yes ive had my life severly disrupted by it. you couldn't even begin to understand how this country is screwed up..
but i don't hate them and i don't wish harm or inhumane practices on them, ie shackling a woman during childbirth..
hate is unnecessary, its one of the major problems in the world, its exactly what your talking about with the "dont come into this neighbourhood if your not muslim" comment, just reversed..

your living in a modern world buddy, and this is the way of the world you live in. tonight your communicating with an english guy.. maybe you have communicated with someone in australia, france, mexico, brazil etc and tomorrow people from these countries could be standing next to you in the gas station..

tell me something.. how would you feel if i came and lived in america? im english , work hard have a good profession. how would you feel about that?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

And why are these women always so fat? I mean I am certainly not impoverished, but I am not wealthy at all either but I couldn't get that fat if I tried, doesn't seem to me they are "Starving". "BOOHOO" They look like they're really starving.

edit on 22-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

A US citizen gets arrested for anything they are giving birth, guess what? They are shackled to their hospital bed. To give you a better scenario, drunk driver kills 4 people in car crash, she is a US citizen she is fine but went into labor, she will be shackled to her bed too, until after giving birth and being released from the hospital, then taken in on the charge, it's done all the time.

Oh and probably have another charge brought for drinking while pregnant, which is neglect/abuse.
edit on 22-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

Yep, and it doesn't even have to be that serious for it to happen. It happens roughly fifty times a year in Cook County Illinois. One of the main reasons is that jail guards are not doctors. They are not trained to recognize prelabor, soft labor, and hard labor. A misjudgement at an early stage could lead to an escape or hostage situation.

The reason they don't let them hold the baby is pretty similar. They don't want to risk the child being used as a hostage. They also don't want to be held liable if the mother harms the baby under their watch. If one of these women killed the baby because of postpartum depression many of you would be screaming with indignation.

In most areas when the doctor confirms full hard labor and puts it in writing the mother may be uncuffed until birth. It depends on the location and the patient.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

tell me something.. how would you feel if i came and lived in america? im english , work hard have a good profession. how would you feel about that?

Fill out the paper work and come on over. Hey, if you want to hang around and become a citizen that is cool. Just do it legally.

My father in law is from Mexico. He came here legally. He got the paper work done and got his visa. He eventually filed the right papers and became a permenant resident alien. When he decided to become a citizen he had been here under the proper paper work so long he didn't have to take the test. I attended his naturualization ceremony and congratulated several people on their citizenship.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Sorry, but a revolt will be around taxes and the laws governing US citizens.
Not what happens to illegals.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

All elements of EMTALA as well as HIPPA were followed to the letter. The requirements for an in custody patient were followed. state law was followed and is in complaince with US Supreme Court rulings dealing with in custody patients and medical responsibility.

If anything its going to be possible that the lady wont have any medical bills. Because she is in the custody of the Sheriff, they are echnically responsible for it.

The guy talking about driving while revoked / suspeneed is NOT accurate. Municial officers can cite and release. County Sheriff's, who operate under state law, are generally required to arrest and take to jail people who are DWL/DWR.

I am getting a little bit tired of people breaking the law and then getting upset because they demand special treatment.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Actually you are kind of wrong, but kind of right.

It is a top down idea for enforcement of the law.
City/Town/Municipality officers can and will enforce local, county, state and federal law.
County Sheriffs can and will enforce county, state and federal law.
State Officers can and will enforce state and federal law.
Federal Officers can and will enforce federal law.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

And why are these women always so fat? I mean I am certainly not impoverished, but I am not wealthy at all either but I couldn't get that fat if I tried, doesn't seem to me they are "Starving". "BOOHOO" They look like they're really starving.

edit on 22-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

Many pro-illegal people use the excuse that the illegals are all starving and living in huts. I have known many illegals and not a single one was anywhere near starving, nor did they live in huts. They also paid thousands of dollars for stolen identities and fraudulent paperwork. Poor? No way!

The woman who was shackled broke the law and was treated like a citizen would be treated. If any one of us broke the law in any way, we would have to suffer the consequences. Why should an illegal be treated better than anyone else?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

City/Town/Municipality officers can and will enforce local, county, state and federal law.

Uhm, ok...

As a municipal officer I can enforce city code as well as state laws. I am not empowered to enforce Federal law since its nowhere near my jurisdiction.

The only time federal law can be enforced by local / state is when they are a part of a federal task force. If we could enforce federal law I would not need to contact ICE everytime I come across an illegal.

Jurisdiction issues aside, no laws were violated by law enforcement in the manner the pregnant mother / in custody was handeled. As some other posters have already stated, why do people who break the law think they should receive special treatment?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by macman

Uhm, ok...

As a municipal officer I can enforce city code as well as state laws. I am not empowered to enforce Federal law since its nowhere near my jurisdiction.

The only time federal law can be enforced by local / state is when they are a part of a federal task force. If we could enforce federal law I would not need to contact ICE everytime I come across an illegal.

Jurisdiction issues aside, no laws were violated by law enforcement in the manner the pregnant mother / in custody was handeled. As some other posters have already stated, why do people who break the law think they should receive special treatment?

Murder is a Federal Offense.
While I was an LEO in AZ, I was able to enforce this.
Drug trafficking was the same. Same as crossing state lines with items. Same as counterfeiting.

Now, was a lot of these matters turned over to the Federal departments? Yes. But, I investigated them and actually made arrests on one instance of counterfeiting.

As for ICE? They were a joke. I have many of stories about them, for another time.

edit on 23-9-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
reply to post by felonius

Are you willing to allow others to move into your house and disrupt your way of life regardless of "how nice" they are? Are you PERSONALLY happy to feed, clothe, and house them.....in YOUR house? I'm not. Seems that your country is (shall we say) not doing very well with "diversity". "Dont come into this neighbor if your not a muslim" ?

no.. to be honest its not dealing with it very well, and yes ive had my life severly disrupted by it. you couldn't even begin to understand how this country is screwed up..
but i don't hate them and i don't wish harm or inhumane practices on them, ie shackling a woman during childbirth..
hate is unnecessary, its one of the major problems in the world, its exactly what your talking about with the "dont come into this neighbourhood if your not muslim" comment, just reversed..

your living in a modern world buddy, and this is the way of the world you live in. tonight your communicating with an english guy.. maybe you have communicated with someone in australia, france, mexico, brazil etc and tomorrow people from these countries could be standing next to you in the gas station..

If you come legally,speak passable english, have recieved at least a high school level education, have a needed trade skill , not muslim, and are not planning on taking tax dollars to run your affairs, I've no problem. *

I have issues with illegals that run in, have anchor babies, live on MY tax dollars, get a discounted college education (while my kid would pay full price!), have little or no trade skill, AND refuse to speak english....and we are supposed to kiss their butts because were "multicultural".

I really would like to visit Britain. Lots of history. I would REALLY like to go see the sacred sites toward the west coast.

It seems that with the direction yall are going (complete with near governmental approval?), yall are headed for an islamic state in the next 30 years.

Those sacred sites will be demolished or desecrated.

Enoch Powell had it right in his "River of Blood" speech. When indigenous inhabitants become out numbered by immigrants with totally different cultures, that country will cease.

*Manchester United fans will be politely refused!

YNWA!

justice for the 96!
edit on 23/9/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join