It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undocumented Women Forced To Give Birth While Shackled And In Police Custody

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

post removed by staff

You need to understand one thing, those same .50 cals and thick walls you want to use to keep people out will be the same .50 cals and thick walls used to keep you locked in. Be mindful of what you wish for, you just might get your wish.

On topic: This kind of treatment is totally uncalled for, yet I'm not surprised. I guess it's OK to mistreat an illegal immigrant while selling the Mexican cartels weapons.

edit on Thu Sep 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
American standards for a "human being" only starts when they are born inside that piece of land called america.
Americans among the most dumbed down people in the world, and are as always were, arrogant.
Americans deserve the corrupt and evil gov. they have: its cause and effect.
Time will come when such abuse by the US GOV and its illiterate population, will be remembered as a sad part in the worlds history. I hope that America falls soon, I'm tired of reading the same old pages full of tears of innocent people, hurt by this "nation".

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There are so many things America needs to held accountable for.

This story is one of the worst in my opinion.

If they can do this to defenseless women imagine what they DID to those in Guantanamo bay. IT makes me think that Raping boys and women in these prisons is not a lie and is wholly true.

American / China / Iran / north Korea - Are they all run by the same people? They sure act similar in a lot of things

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

A US citizen gets arrested for anything they are giving birth, guess what? They are shackled to their hospital bed. To give you a better scenario, drunk driver kills 4 people in car crash, she is a US citizen she is fine but went into labor, she will be shackled to her bed too, until after giving birth and being released from the hospital, then taken in on the charge, it's done all the time.

Oh and probably have another charge brought for drinking while pregnant, which is neglect/abuse.
edit on 22-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeinthematrix

Yep, it is always just America doing the evil of the world.

Sure sure. Ok.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I agree. She either came to the US and got pregnant or she crossed the border while pregnant. As a woman and a mother myself, I cannot imagine putting my unborn child into EITHER of those situations. It IS child abuse...child endangerment at the very least. I do think she should be allowed to give birth with as much dignity as possible (c'mon folks, having your legs up in the air and being covered in sweat and eeeewwwww is humiliating enough), and be able to hold, interact with and feed her newborn for the child's sake if for no other reason. And I also think that 24-48 hours after giving birth, she should be shipped straight back to her country of origin along with her new baby.

Additionally, I wonder who picked up the tab for her childbirth experience? I know that 7 years ago, even WITH very good insurance, it still cost me thousands of dollars...
edit on 22-9-2011 by DustbowlDebutante because: clarification

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
disturbing how many people are haters. you should go work for the banks...they would love your narrow point of view.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen
disturbing how many people are haters. you should go work for the banks...they would love your narrow point of view.

How is it hate?

No slurs. No mentioning of violence or hurting her. No name calling.

Just the facts. She is her illegally. She should be deported and handed a bill for services rendered.

Was handcuffing her over the top? Maybe.

edit on 22-9-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This happens to every woman that requires this level of imprisonment. Go work for a state prison and your views about this will change overnight.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What does Mexico do to American's who try and break into their country?

They are harsher on the other side of the border. Hence why that lady fled and broke into America.

They risk getting tied to the raping trees in the desert just to get over here. If you asked her, she'd break into America and get chained to a bed to have her baby instead of staying in Mexico and having it there.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
Sorry, I do not see the problem here.
When you knowingly break the law then you know there will be consequences. If the mother and child were not physically hurt -no harm no foul.
Many of you need to dry your eyes and bandage your bleeding hearts.
Quad

How do You define "hurt?" As in an infant failing to get the immune system enhancers in mother's milk?

I'd call that criminal to deny an infant that advantage in life.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
How did this country become so barbaric? We have people cheering executions at the Republican debate last week. We have shackled mothers giving birth under armed guard for not having papers.

Crossing a man-made line in the sand does not justify this type of treatment. I believe in God's law which is compassion and love for our fellow humans. This country is becoming more dysfunctional and barbaric every day, which is really sad.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Its Arizona would you expect any less, apparently brown people are just animals there.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Not all brown people, just the ones that feel the need to ILLEGALLY come to this country and sponge off the overly generous
system of handouts the Democrats have set up for them.

You bleeding hearts need to get over it. Like others have said, same would happen to an American mother in custody.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

If she had stayed home where she belonged, none of this would have happened now would it?

no sympathy. Sorry.

Had it been a Guatemalan that entered into Mexico for instance, she would have likely been shot dead.

I'd say we are fairly compassionate. in that regard.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

your mind is full of nazi sh..,
thiazi will suit you very well,
you should not use that flag because you are
a shame for the (german) flag-
that guys was at least fair
but you are soooooo gready!

Ok. With no disrespect, I'll try to translate your message.

I'm full of nazi crap. (yeah, common insult)

Thiazi? Cthulu's cousin maybe? (hail cthulu, great master of darkness
)

I'm a shame to Germanics? Really? Because I (and we) value our sovereignty? We actually believe that our borders are there for a reason? (waiting on comment here
)

that guy was fair? which one?

I'm sooooooooooo greedy. Ok.

I have a house. I can afford my family. I have room for my family. 10 people decide that they want to move in and if I shoot their sorry butt, I'm a criminal.

I'm supposed to accept this?

Nah. Donations at threat are extortion. Charity at gun point is robbery.

If thats greedy? Yeah. I'm one greedy SOB.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron

.50 cals and a nice thick wall would have prevented all of this.

You need to understand one thing, those same .50 cals and thick walls you want to use to keep people out will be the same .50 cals and thick walls used to keep you locked in. Be mindful of what you wish for, you just might get your wish.

On topic: This kind of treatment is totally uncalled for, yet I'm not surprised. I guess it's OK to mistreat an illegal immigrant while selling the Mexican cartels weapons.

As previously posted,

Had she not illegally entered, it wouldnt be an issue would it?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is absolutely sickening. I have to say this, revolt in the U.S. is coming, this is out of hand. Such a disregard for human life should be grounds for prosecution.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DustbowlDebutante

I agree. She either came to the US and got pregnant or she crossed the border while pregnant. As a woman and a mother myself, I cannot imagine putting my unborn child into EITHER of those situations. It IS child abuse...child endangerment at the very least. I do think she should be allowed to give birth with as much dignity as possible (c'mon folks, having your legs up in the air and being covered in sweat and eeeewwwww is humiliating enough), and be able to hold, interact with and feed her newborn for the child's sake if for no other reason. And I also think that 24-48 hours after giving birth, she should be shipped straight back to her country of origin along with her new baby.

Additionally, I wonder who picked up the tab for her childbirth experience? I know that 7 years ago, even WITH very good insurance, it still cost me thousands of dollars...
edit on 22-9-2011 by DustbowlDebutante because: clarification

Absolutely right Ma'am.

I guess in a way, the baby was a human shield. Wouldnt have helped if she had entered mexico from the south though would it? Both would be dead.

May I congratulate you lady for your Motherhood. I was with my wife for all 26 hours of natural (pitosin drip wasnt in good). When the baby came, that was as close to God as I have ever been.

My wife is amazing.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Vitchilo

A US citizen gets arrested for anything they are giving birth, guess what? They are shackled to their hospital bed. To give you a better scenario, drunk driver kills 4 people in car crash, she is a US citizen she is fine but went into labor, she will be shackled to her bed too

Exactly!

I mean, the whole thing in OP is to solicit sympathy to specifically to illegal immigrants and hence is a propaganda piece. Bad one at that.

I don't like the fact that she was shackled and all, but the rules are the rules.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join