It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/22/2011 4:30 EST - Another Night of Annoying Noise over NYC

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

if this is the work of the Dholes then we are doomed. that atom smasher is the work of nyraltholtep, his influence on man is great and loves the fact that are planet is being polluted with nuclear power and weapons. that was his work. like i said the dholes bow to no god or man. they are the almighty mouth of nothing. the ocean is calm save the oil in the gulf and the contanminnation in the pas ocean from japan. my lord sleeps still though i feel he will not be for long.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Yes, Nitro - very similar and if I had a more professional recording device, that's probably exactly what it would have sounded like.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bigern

There has been some construction around town lately due to the recent floodings. but the first time I heard this sound was somewhere around April/May and the first floods didn't start (nor did the construction) until July. With that said, there are lots of nooks and crannies to the geography where I live and I suppose it's possible there's construction going on of which I am not aware but the town has extraordinarily strict noise regulations (as well as fairly affluent and snobby residents who don't like their sleep disturbed) and I doubt that they would allow such a thing to occur at 3:30 or 4:30 in the morning. Perhaps when I'm really awake and feeling ambitious one night, I'll take a drive around and see what's going on.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

No worries, Beauty. The more intel we share with one another, the less fearful these things seem in the light of day (now the dark of night is another story...). Posting these things has been very cathartic for me and I thank everyone for taking the time to respond so generously.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
hello neighbor gal, its around 1:30am here and quiet.

i'm going to be up till 3am as i have errands out and about in ny suburbia unless i hear anything then i will end up having to stay up a bit longer.

will check back in, in a bit. hopefully the noise is over if not, im going to go investigating too if it happens while im out. i was thinking just now, what if its echo from night time highway repair? you know how them boys like to work on highways around like 3-4am midnite with spotlights etc out.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Damwel, can you translate what you mean by refractions into layman's terms because I'm most interested. I found the following explanations but it all reads like latin to me: Link on Optical Refraction:

In optics, refraction occurs when waves travel from a medium with a given refractive index to a medium with another at an angle. At the boundary between the media, the wave's phase velocity is altered, usually causing a change in direction. Its wavelength increases or decreases but its frequency remains constant. For example, a light ray will refract as it enters and leaves glass, assuming there is a change in refractive index. A ray traveling along the normal (perpendicular to the boundary) will change speed, but not direction. Refraction still occurs in this case. Understanding of this concept led to the invention of lenses and the refracting telescope.

and the following on Atmospheric Refraction:

Atmospheric refraction is the deviation of light or other electromagnetic wave from a straight line as it passes through the atmosphere due to the variation in air density as a function of altitude. Atmospheric refraction near the ground produces mirages and can make distant objects appear to shimmer or ripple, elevated or lowered, stretched or shortened with no mirage involved. The term also applies to the refraction of sound.

Atmospheric refraction causes astronomical objects to appear higher in the sky than they are in reality. It affects not only lightrays but all electromagnetic radiation, although in varying degrees (see dispersion in optics). For example in visible light, blue is more affected than red. This may cause astronomical objects to be spread out into a spectrum in high-resolution images.

.....But as the amount of atmospheric refraction is a function of temperature and pressure as well as humidity (the amount of water vapour is especially important at mid-infrared wavelengths) the amount of effort needed for a successful compensation can be prohibitive.

Atmospheric refraction becomes more severe when the atmospheric refraction is not homogenous, when there is turbulence in the air for example. This is the cause of twinkling of the stars and deformation of the shape of the sun at sunset and sunrise.

I'm most interested in learning about how this works so that I can be more discerning about what I'm seeing. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
hello neighbor gal, its around 1:30am here and quiet.

i'm going to be up till 3am as i have errands out and about in ny suburbia unless i hear anything then i will end up having to stay up a bit longer.

will check back in, in a bit. hopefully the noise is over if not, im going to go investigating too if it happens while im out. i was thinking just now, what if its echo from night time highway repair? you know how them boys like to work on highways around like 3-4am midnite with spotlights etc out.

Hey there, neighbor. Nothing yet on this end either and I'll gratefully let you stand watch tonight as my goal is to be asleep before 3am for a change.

What you propose is an interesting idea and yeah, there is usually night work going on at the Tappan Zee which is about a two miles to my south. With that said, the heebie-jeebies have a way of making us more sensitive to sounds (which also probably travel farther in the quiet of night) so I think it's a plausible possibility. Then again, why wouldn't I be hearing it every night that they're working on the bridge? Again, it's as solid a possibility as I've heard yet and I'd definitely sleep better believing that it's the answer, but something's still telling me that it's coming from right over my head (proverbially speaking) whereas the Tap's noises always seem like they're coming from the far off distance (if that makes sense).

I guess the true test will be on a night when we DON'T hear anything. If there's work going on at the bridge (which I can usually see from a distance because of the flashing lights), we'll know that it's not the Tap.

Happy exploring tonight and hope your "errands" are of the fun variety...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Upthepunx
reply to post by MamaJ

if this is the work of the Dholes then we are doomed. that atom smasher is the work of nyraltholtep, his influence on man is great and loves the fact that are planet is being polluted with nuclear power and weapons. that was his work. like i said the dholes bow to no god or man. they are the almighty mouth of nothing. the ocean is calm save the oil in the gulf and the contanminnation in the pas ocean from japan. my lord sleeps still though i feel he will not be for long.

So you're saying that you're a follower of the Dholes or of the Lord who will not be happy with their actions? Also, who is nyralholtep? I'm not mocking but genuinely curious...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SantoJuJu

SantoJuJu, you should do a search because I seem to remember a thread from a few months ago that dealt with meditation and the hum. If my memory serves me correctly, I think that others were uncomfortable with the vibrations they felt and it made it nearly impossible to focus on the meditation. I THINK that's what it was about.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
There is a light on the left low corner of the video somewhere in the middle of the video's duration, this is on the ground right? In the end you shake the camera along with that light on the left. The lights in the center or upper part of the video, sure I can't say anything.

What noise do you hear? All I heard was a noise from water obviously from the river and the crickets.

I was definitely shooting wide angle because I thought I was just pointing the video camera up at a dark sky. Not sure about the lower corner light half way through the video because I didn't lower the camera angle until I was getting ready to stop recording. Also, I just looked out my window at the surrounding houses and don't see any lights ground level (not even the street is lit up here beyond 12am but perhaps something was on last night; maybe a neighbor also heard the noise and had his/her bedroom light on which I grabbed a shot of. Then again, that would have taken a pretty substantial repositioning of the camera angle, but who knwo. Lastly, I definitely shook the camera at the end because I was standing on my couch trying to get the mic up as high as possible to catch the sound and then starting moving off the couch as I ended the recording. That probably accounts for the shake. BTW, full disclosure here as I'm not trying to hide or invent anything; I'm merely trying to figure out what's going on.

As for the noise, the Hudson is pretty tame this far up north from the Verrazano bridge where the both it and the East river meets the Atlantic. I shot some pixs of debris in the river after the hurricane and it virtually stayed stationary for a full day; that's how tame the current was. Also, I've stood right on edge of the water snapping pix or just relaxing and I never heard so much as a lapping sound against the shoreline. I think it would be unlikely that the water was churning on those two nights so loudly that I heard it two blocks up the hill. I've never heard that in all my the years living here. As for crickets, I haven't heard so much as one of those critters at all this year and had even participated in another thread a few weeks ago in which people were talking about how the crickets seem to have disappeared this year. I even just checked on Yahoo and the secadas aren't around either this year.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
well i just got back in from my nitely stroll, and to find some interesting messages in my ats inbox about various things i recently mentioned on here *hmmm*

anyways, at precisely 4:13a i heard something while i was walking back to my car from my my 2nd to last drop-off. its a quiet residential location and it sounded 'electromagnetic' or wavy in nature. like a wavelike humm. very odd, and it had just that characteristic of not having any direction coming from except above and within.

505 dude might be onto something. i heard that's what haarp does. and the human mind is probably most vulnerable while in REM or something.

time to google how to make a tin foil hat and wear one at nites, religiously from now on!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
That's pretty odd

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
On the brink of falling asleep on my computer but I wanted to check back in this thread to see if there was any new updates with you peeps in NYC area?

I've been trying to look into subliminal messages and such for sleeping. It's a weird theory but I still think that if these continue, it might be a brainwashing thing. I might have watched too much X-Files for one night/weekend.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
3hrs north of nyc where there shouldnt be too much air traffic, apparently this author caught a continual jet-like rumble on sept 14

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hi everybody, Ive never posted here before. I just created an account because of this.

I showed my friend this picture I took and he sent me a link to this post and original video and told me to post my picture.

Just like timidgal, I saw exactly the same Weird lights over the River Thames, Belvedere, South London, England on 22.14 Saturday night, 24th September 2011. Then when I went to bed at about 01.30 I heard exactly the same weird pulsing noise.

I took the photo on my HTC phone so its not great resolution but you can clearly see the triangular lights and a 'red' light at the tip of the triangle in the centre of the photo. The object was not moving and simply hovered in the air above the Thames approximately 2 miles away. I took out my phone, took a picture and then moved down the road 20 yards to get another perspective. In the time i took to walk 20 yards, it had vanished.

I then heard the weird pulsing noise as i was lying in bed with my girlfriend some hours later. I told my girlfriend about the weird noise but she could not hear it.

The photo also shows some other lights that i did not see with my naked eye. A total of two red lights to the front of the central triangle, I only saw one with my eye. But also to the left of the central triangle; a large green / brown light and finally another large dim light just above and to the right of that. Lower in the central horizon; the bright red light is likely the top of an industrial chimney.

If you zoom in and look closely to the central triangular lights, you will see a small triangular silhouette sitting equidistant within the 3 lights.

I thought it was weird at the time but when i read and saw timidgals post i was completely freaked out. That is exactly the same lights and noise that i saw and heard.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join