It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/22/2011 4:30 EST - Another Night of Annoying Noise over NYC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
OK - so you guys asked for it and here it is. I couldn't edit the original thread to include this video so I'm providing a link to the original thread.

4:25 AM EST 9/21/2011 Strange Sound in the Sky Over NYC

Tonight was a bit different. The sound didn't wake me up but my cats going ballistic racing around the room did. They've become my best emergency notification system. Sure enough, as soon as I was awake, there was "the sound". A couple of things: it still translates a bit differently to tape than it sounds in person but what can you do - you can hear a constant grinding motor-like noise and if you listen closely, you can also hear a steady engine type of hum as well (but it's not the same as "the hum" that's been discussed). In person, you can't really distinguish between the two noises so clearly.so that's kind of strange. I didn't hear it waxing and waning tonight but I could definitely tell that it was coming from overhead again. Secondly, all I did was point my video camera to the sky and hit record. I didn't see anything with the naked eye but when I downloaded the video, there are all kinds of lights flying about. Take a look and let me know what you think. Debunkers, feel free to have at it because this is the real thing. I'm glad that I was able to get something on tape but I'm still tired of not knowing what it is.

EDIT: As I'm sitting here, in my LR now, I can hear boats sounding their horns again.
edit on 9/22/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
hmm. the most interesting part of the video is in the last few seconds... is this the whole video???
very interesting anyway, still no idea what could be causing these noises

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

EDIT: As I'm sitting here, in my LR now, I can hear boats sounding their horns again

Do you ever hear boat engine noise too from time to time? Where is the nearest airport and are you aware of any flight patterns that bring planes near your residence? Are you 100% sure your not letting internet hype trick you into hearing mundane things that you normally hear and don't pay attention to?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

One the best sound recordings of it I have heard yet. It sounds like what I heard, but what the hell is it? To me i didn't feel like I could pinpoint a direction that it was coming from , other than up.

Has anyone mentioned it , that live in your area?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
the lights at the end trip me out. I hope I never hear this noise.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
heard it at 3:51 to around 4:03.

ordinarily that type of vibrational hum would cause a mini panic-attack!!! to me it just makes you wonder whats happening at the moment, when probably 99% of suburban nyc is asleep.

but since i joined this forum (and feel more able to tune into non msm news censor) a few months ago, havent gotten one! (yay)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Your other recent thread mentioned picking up on a strong odor. Was that there this time as well? Any other details about this one as opposed to the last period this was happening? I'm building quite a bit on the list I'd mentioned. I'm not sure it's pointing to any one thing more than another yet, but this is definitely something being described in almost the same terms in different places around the world.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Laviver26

Yep. I didn't realize that I was recording anything other than sound and I figured that a minute of it or so would be sufficient.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

heard it at 3:51 to around 4:03.

ordinarily that type of vibrational hum would cause a mini panic-attack!!! to me it just makes you wonder whats happening at the moment, when probably 99% of suburban nyc is asleep.

but since i joined this forum (and feel more able to tune into non msm news censor) a few months ago, havent gotten one! (yay)

There are frequencies that can mess with a person. I wonder if this tone was used to induce something while asleep?
edit on 22-9-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What am i ment to be hearing ???
Is it that humming noise ?. I hope it wasnt the brown note.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

EDIT: As I'm sitting here, in my LR now, I can hear boats sounding their horns again

Do you ever hear boat engine noise too from time to time? Where is the nearest airport and are you aware of any flight patterns that bring planes near your residence? Are you 100% sure your not letting internet hype trick you into hearing mundane things that you normally hear and don't pay attention to?

All valid and logical questions, MLT, and ones I thought of myself, believe me.

Yes, I do hear boat noise from time to time, but never the honking of their horns at 4:30 in the morning. As a matter of fact, I used to own a boat and I believe there's a maritime law against doing so at night except in extreme situations. The only reason I added the edit was because the same thing happened last night when the noise was happening also (boats in the area were honking as if signaling that something was going on). On all other uneventful nights, I typically don't hear anything from the boats or I'd be awake non-stop.

Insofar as airplanes or commercial aircraft are concerned, the sound is just too repetitive over extended periods of time for this to be the case. For instance, from the time I recorded my minute's worth of sound and then figured out how to set up an account and get it on Youtube (never done before) and then embed it on ATS, at least an hour and a half had passed and the sound was still occurring. It only stopped about 45 minutes ago (just as daylight was breaking) which was the same case last night.

Can't blame you for asking these logical q's though and I'd be relieved if I thought either possibility could be the case but unfortunately, I dont.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

You know what, I haven't asked and that's a great idea. I'll check with some of my neighbors today...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It's kinda weird that these posts keep coming up and no real explanations. Plus you're the only person I've seen so far that, well, is the actual owner of the video. A minutes worth of time was good enough for me. Those lights were the thing tripping me out. But then again, it could be anything. I'm wondering why more people aren't asking about these noises. For it being New York, and being the kind of outspoken group they are, you would think this would be brought up more in conversation. Then again, I'm from New Mexico. We have dirt and atomic bombs. That's about it.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Absco because: burrito pizza bears

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Some freaky #, right? I've been hearing these noises on and off for a few months now and believe me, they used to really freak me out (we're talking chest pounding, thinking I was dying from a heart attack honest to goodness panic attacks which I never had in my life). Now, I'm somewhat used to it but each time there's a few nights (or sometimes weeks) without the noise, I get hopeful that it's gone and then I get all pissed off again when it returns.

It's also really affecting my cats in a bad way - they're both extremely high strung and somewhat aggressive now and I find clumps of hair all over the place. The vet says it's stress and wants to put them on drugs to calm them down which I might need to consider if this continues. I just can't imagine explaining to someone "um, yeah, my cats are on tranqs because of the UFOs that drive them batty night after night".

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

You're not alone in that regard, ignant. I just responded basically that same exact thing to someone else...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No odor that I noticed this time, Wrabbit, but I did kill three centipedes I found in my apartment tonight and ve never seen them here at all before. They are gross and I tell you this because of your research. I have no idea if there's any correlation of not.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
What is odd is how you are now use to it. Kind of reminds me what some towns are doing with these false sirens going off. People get use to the noise of the sirens, that eventually its like the boy who cried wolf. Animals I believe are more in tune with their surroundings, if my dog goes crazy, I always pull out my knife and expect to stab a demon in the hall or something lol.. but that's very interesting that your cats are acting up. Especially on the stress thing.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Now that's a point I've never even considered before. I can tell you that I used to be scared of the noise and as time has gone by, it's become more akin to nails on the chalkboard. I don't think my daily behavior or disposition has changed (with the exception of crankiness from sleep deprivation every once in a while).

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Waratah

Sorry but I have no idea what you're referring to. You can read the other thread to see what we're talking about.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by Waratah

Sorry but I have no idea what you're referring to. You can read the other thread to see what we're talking about.

lol the brown note is a theory frequency that South Park touched on. It's said to produce a tone that will disrupt your bowels. In other words, you crap your pants.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join