It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Big Sunspot, Solar Flare X 1.4 Class

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
WOW this thing is big! However I believe we are in the clear. If this was a direct hit we may have been in trouble. the biggest thing I would think on this is if this flare will effect the debris we get from Elinin as much as I even hate to mention it. I heard it was going to be somewhere in between earth and the sun if I remember correctly. I do not believe Elinin will effect us any and will be the same as any other comet in the past.

See for yourself though

iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080...

edit on 22-9-2011 by randomthoughts12 because: Elinin mumbo

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Like....whoa....that's a big one!

Sadly though, I'm too far south for auroras...*sigh*

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Where is ELE-nin in perspective to this CME? Did I catch that correctly that we are taking a "glancing blow" today, Sept 22 ?

ELE-nin the comet took one big hit by a CME already once, maybe the next one will give it back its tail!

Very interesting events! I guess its best to stay indoors today. I was out there all day yesterday!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Where is ELE-nin in perspective to this CME? Did I catch that correctly that we are taking a "glancing blow" today, Sept 22 ?

ELE-nin the comet took one big hit by a CME already once, maybe the next one will give it back its tail!

Very interesting events! I guess its best to stay indoors today. I was out there all day yesterday!

it seems elenin is getting ready for the alignment..

surely interesting times indeed

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Most impressive. It appears to be as big as Jupiter. The SOHO views of the field lines coming out of that pair are going to be huge. Oh SNAP !
TY for the views.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
There's not only one big one but two!!!!

Look at the new image coming in.

www.solarham.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

My... thats a big one.

Tsara Bombe can't hold a candle to that.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

There are usually two side by side. The magnetic field lines travel out of one and into the other producing the huge "rainbow" looking structures.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Brilliant thread , great images .

thanks for the links and everything

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
edit on 22-9-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Perhaps the thread where you used 2 completely different kinds of images and claimed it was PROOF that Elenin was had broken up and weakened destroyed the credibility, so much so that the thread had to be closed.

More lies I see, is this what people have to do to make them feel better about themselves? Just make crap up?

That thread got closed because of idiots who kept ignoring the mod about going off topic.

Speaking of which, let's not continue that trend here...

Don't think I've seen this posted here yet.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Buzz off, buzz out Chadwickus ..

lo00ol
edit on 22-9-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
SECCHI update for new picture of Elenin ..

Date - 20110916,17,18,19

Put faster animation so you can see Elenin mach easier, center left of the screen heading from right to left ..

SECCHI-A HI-1, Date - 20110919, Image Size:min 512, End Hour (Next Day):11, Submit Query

secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Come on Dalke you need to straighten up. That's a bad ass contribution Chad just made to your thread.
A tip for you. Once you post a thread on ATS you can no longer call it yours. Chadwickas has everyright to be all over this, denying ignorance as much as you do. Check yourself before you wreck yourself. You have no control of your television set.
edit on 22-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

You've actually got good thread going. To my amazement.

OK I'll be the first to ask. Chad can you tell us a little bit about this animation you've posted please?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Thanks for the animation. That looks like it would have hurt very badly had the sun been about 45 degrees further around when it cut loose, eh? Isn't the sunspot this was generated out of still there and slowly turning directly toward us? If I've understood correctly, lets hope the Sun had it's fun with that little blast and settles down for a few days at least.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
There's not only one big one but two!!!!

Look at the new image coming in.

www.solarham.com...

The double barrell shotgun will be lining up at Earth as Elenin swings between the Earth and the Sun.

Does anyone here have a ticket to a bunker?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It shows the forecast trajectory of the CME.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Latest CME from lasco C2 on CACTus
sidc.oma.be...

Movie CME's from sept 16 - sept 22
sidc.oma.be...
and
Lasco C3
www.solarmonitor.org...

This is how the region looked last time it was in view

This is now

How things can change behind our backs

When will they send SDO 2 to watch the other side?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Perhaps the thread where you used 2 completely different kinds of images and claimed it was PROOF that Elenin was had broken up and weakened destroyed the credibility, so much so that the thread had to be closed.

More lies I see, is this what people have to do to make them feel better about themselves? Just make crap up?

That thread got closed because of idiots who kept ignoring the mod about going off topic.

Speaking of which, let's not continue that trend here...

Don't think I've seen this posted here yet.

Fixed so you can scroll left to right.
edit on 22-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
Hmmmmm…

I can see an aglinment occurring between dalke > thread > chad

Chill out guys ..you both did a mistake..

Dalke for dictating who posts in the thread…and chad for unflagging with attitude (flags are imp to a thread since it brings more people in and such a sunspot deserves such attention..earth bound or not)

I hope to see some virtual hand shake occurring 

Lets virtually shake hands and move on!!

Well, the offending post made perfect sense while being both concise and accurate. So, as I scratch my head an wonder what all the fuss is about, suddenly, while reading your post I had true inspiration.

That is to say, I realized I knew exactly what needed to be done-- and while I cannot find it in your words, I am sure that you are, somehow, responsible for my decision-- to stop reading this thread and go get that cold beer waiting for me in my refrigerator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join