It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast damages Amsterdam Courthoue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Blast damages Amsterdam Courthoue

online.wsj.com

AMSTERDAM—An explosion in the early hours of Wednesday morning damaged Amsterdam's court complex, and a government minister swiftly condemned the blast as an attack on the Dutch justice system.

Police were investigating the cause of the 2:30 a.m. blast, which damaged several floors at one of the towers that make up the courthouse. No one was injured.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Word on the grapevine is that they believe it was an RPG-7, fired by two men on a motorcycle. Grapevine is also reporting extensive damage internally despite minor external damage, which would be consistent with the RPG.

The question remains as to why the attack occured. I'm led to believe that there is a trial of a major "crime boss" occuring which may or may not be the reason for the attack. Terrorism is always an option, but there are many angry people in the world without them being terrorists.

I wonder if there is any connection between this and the Somali pirate trials recently?

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

probably just another person who got f'd by the legal system
rpg on a motorbike would be a bit obvious wouldnt it tho?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I could well believe it was gang related. Despite most people thinking Amsterdam is 1) quaint/cute 2) open-minded/relaxed place, there are tons of gangs. It's easy to get a gun (illegal in Europe), obviously drugs are legal and easy to get within reason, prostitutes legal etc. But I know two people in a famous motorcycle gang who openly go around putting hand grenades in trash cans for fun when they're drunk, blowing other things up with pastique/explosives just for fun. I could believe it's just a warning from a gang rather than some bull# false flag gone wrong which I'm sure someone will claim soon enough

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Wall Street Journal is a bad source for me.

But this story is all over the news now.

The "crime boss" connection seems the most likely to me.

www.dutchnews.nl...

Just a desperate attempt to have them postpone or move the trial to give them more time to locate and kill the "secret witnesses."

But it's doubtful we will ever know for sure. If the attack has the above effect, though, that would be a good clue!

Nothing like a terrorist attack to get people to do something stupid.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
Wall Street Journal is a bad source for me.

I heard it directly from an associate, I just put in the first news link that google brought up seeing as the BBC was not reporting it at the time.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
With all of this # going on, makes it feel like the end of the world. It's ridiculous how much has happened.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
With all of this # going on, makes it feel like the end of the world. It's ridiculous how much has happened.

stuff like this has happened for ages

top topics

join