It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe Israel and Palestine could learn from the culture clash during the 1992 L.A. Riots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I just had to make this post only because it can be used as a learning tool for others to use.

First I am going to post a few videos and give you my take afterwards. I am posting this thread because I am kind of sick of hearing about these threads with half ass videos about how Palestinians are attacking the Jews and Jews are attacking the Palestinians or whatever the case may be.

Here’s how it all started March 1991:

Rodney King beating

Korean Lady shoots teen:

Soon Ja Du and Latasha Harlins

Soon Ja Du and Latasha Harlins

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
i also would like to add this whole issue could of been mitigated where none of this would have happened, but you know how cops are it seems like they haven't changed. Still to this day they continue to abuse their authority, and making it blatantly obvious that they are brutally assaulting people. We as Americans will continue to adapt together regardless on how bad the issue may be. We all share neighborhoods!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Take these words from an African-American minority, and plug it all in.

Stay tuned...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
For one Thank you for those videos,

For Two this has nothing to do with Israel and Palestine in any way. What do you want them to learn? I just dont get it. Asians vs African Americans? When the simple fact is random looters were looting from stores that just so happen to be owned by Asians? The Asians with the guns were just trying to protect their goods and to not lose a couple months rent and utilities. Tell me how Israel and Palestine would learn form these?
edit on 9/22/11 by Mortika because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mortika

It's thinking outside the box. I know it necessarily has nothing to do with Israel, and Palestine. It's about land and property.No matter what cultural clashes occurred within this area, after it was all over it was done. You didn't hear L.A. crying on the international news that there is a massive riot among the people within the Los Angeles area. If society basically can't get along then I have no sympathy for those who don't try and make a change. In other words stop posting international BS about Israel and Palestine, because no one cares. We here in the United States don't need that drama.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Israel vs Palestine is completely different from LA riots.
This issue is so complicated due to massive interference of outside parties.
The Muslim countries are propping up Palestinians.
The West is trying to play a neutral judge.
The Israelis see massive security problem if Palestine state goes through.

Nobody is winning because this issue goes to the core of existence of Israel as a jewish state.
I feel absorption of Palestinians by Arab neighbours is best. However what is best is most difficult to achieve.

So let us wait and see.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

Israel vs Palestine is completely different from LA riots.

We are all human, and as humans we are designed to adapt and overcome, even under the most violent events. There is no excuse in being stuck up about who the land belongs to because in all reality it doesn't belong to me, you, or anyone else it belongs to GOD. Israel is nothing special nor is anyone else. All land belongs to GOD. So share it while it lasts.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

It is not about God. It is about reality.

The rift between Jews and Muslims is quite deep.

Israel is a fairly small country. The West bank and gaza are even smaller.

You need a critical mass in terms of land, people and economy to form a country, which Palestinians do not have.

Palestinians are dependent on doles from other countries which are coming due to the conflict.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well whatever the case may be this thread can go into the archives and collect dust for all I care. I guess people don't want to realize it because the truth hurts. I am just waiting to see how many more threads about Israel and Palestine come along. This is one of many events that is U.S. history. Not to mention the Watts riot in 1965. We still to this day have problems with people in our society, but like I mentioned before we don't ask for sympathy like others tend to do. We took the true words coming from an African-American man who was nearly beaten to death, and plugged it all in. Misinterpreting your religions book is a big mistake. I doubt it says to kill people and take back your land. That's BS. Because if that was the case the Native Americans would of slaughtered us a very long time ago.

Here is one of my favorite quotes from Friedrich Nietzsche "God is dead" meaning “Either we died because of our religion or our religion dies because of us”

I posted that quote in another thread. Hopefully people realize what they are actually doing.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You are a wise man.

ME is a complex place. We can crib all we can but its the leaders who decide and control armies.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I have no idea where your from, but stay vigilant, and question everything. If you don't know the answers now, you will know them sooner or later. Peace will soon come.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Curious. Any hints to what may happen?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I am no fortune teller, but I can tell you this: "treat others how "you" would want to be treated." And let the world revolve, no need for hostility. People will wake up soon.

new topics

top topics

join