It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
A few days ago there was an "incident" at the Davis-Monthan AFB here in tucson.The entire base was locked down for several hours due to a witness reporting a man walking around with an assault rifle and taking hostages into a building and barracading himself.the lockdown was from 10 am to 5 pm i believe and a base commander spoke briefly after the lockdown stating that nothing had happened n that the witness was mistaken.Now today tucson police & fire released the calls made to them by AF officials on base that shots were indeed fired and at least 1 casualty was confirmed,they also requested a ton of units to be sent to the base.What do you ATSers make of this?I watched the interview live,all he said was was nothing happened,basically,then walked off...Ill post links immediately,maybe you can do a little lookin up on your own as well

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

First mention of this that I have heard...I will have to do a search, or check back here in a few hours...I have to get some sleep.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I could swear I read something about the AFB. It's times like these I wish I saved more threads. I'll keep looking.

I know someone stationed not at that base but in Arizona. I'll ask him if he knows anything or heard anything.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
i cant find any records of the emergency calls...=/ Ill continue looking in the mornin

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Dude, you really should have put "Tucson" or the name of the AFB in your post title!

It is so SOP (standard operating procedure), especially in the military, to just shrug off something you don't want to talk about. You've probably seen some friend do that, too.

The military can always justify it for "security" reasons.

But without more data, this is just another story.

If you're in the area, why don't you go check it out? Take some photos or something.

edit on 22/9/2011 by l_e_cox because: spelled tucson wrong

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Here's the base's own press release on the incident.

www.dm.af.mil...

Partially quoted below.

9/16/2011 - DAVIS-MONTHAN AIR FORCE BASE, Ariz. -- Base officials have terminated the response to a potential security incident that began at 11 a.m. today.

Increased security measures were taken around the base following the unconfirmed sighting of a man entering an office building apparently armed.

So they've done their basic ass-cover work on this.

Here's a media story:

www.kpho.com...

edit on 22/9/2011 by l_e_cox because: added something

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Actually here in Ohio I heard about it on the radio. They came back later and said that the base was still under lockdown but that there had been no shots fired or anyone hurt. So that wasn't the case?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The storiies are very conflicting,i dont live very far from the base at all its on the east side of town,i have a friend whos contracted by the DM AFB to dismantle/repair aircraft that sort of stuff,he wont answer my calls=/ he knows i have questions..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

i was at work during the incident,i saw it on my 4 o clock news,they were streaming live fromthe base entrance. There was swat teams, ambulance after ambulance,police,FBI. Check out the KOLD news 13 from tucson,maybe its all archived and i just cant find it?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Heres another source that touches on the conflicting emergency calls www.azfamily.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

top topics

join