It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellow jackets missing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Oh my God!!! The yellow jackets are missing. What is going on???? I dont know but we have them here in NC along with plenty of mosquitoes. Consider yourself lucky. Im pretty sure they arent missing because little green men came and snatched them up or because the government wants to do research on them.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Don't forget what Einstein said,"when the bees are gone from the Earth,mankind has four more years."

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I know where all the yellow jackets have gone. They are all in my yard hanging around my front door and my magnolia trees. I have had way more yellow jackets, honey bees, wasps, AND hornets than usual this year......and I'm going to keep them too.

[edit on 10/25/2008 by Rusty P. Shackleford]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think it is fun to bring up old threads.

I have noticed less yellow jackets here this year.

but we have had an early cold start to the fall, and bees can't fly under 55 degrees. or is it 65?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I believe it is 55 degrees. It hasn't been overly cold here. It gets cold at night, but then it gets up into the 70s and 80s during the day, even this late in October. The bees will get still while it is cold, but then when it warms up, they'll come out and fly around, at least here. They have been very active this fall here and there are lots more than usual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join