It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Broadcaster publishes accusations of The English Buggering Fosters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
With the sale of Fosters Brewery to the Millers group , comes this unprecendented attack on the English , by an iconic Aussie.
www.abc.net.au...

I find it insulting being English born, but hey being an Aussie citizen what can I do?

The chinese are buying up most of Australian farmland and mines , not to mention vast tracts of suburbia(the chinese communist party that is) yet the Aussies fall back on attacking the poor "poms" who just want to improve the awful awful Fosters beer, they surely don't want to bugger the Fosters barrels of this unappealing pig swill.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

It's true, Fosters tastes like carp, left in the sun for a week. you could add sulphur to fosters and it'd taste better, absolute swill.

Haven't you worked out by now that it's been a favorite Australian passtime for at least a hundred years now to bag the poms - The big joke - They sent us to paradise thinking it was hell on earth!

I think the big issue concerning Fosters (ironically) is that it is (for some reason) an Icon.
After the yanks ruin vegemite we can tend to be a little sensitive to these kinds of things.
The reasons for this are a still developing sense of what it is to be Australian and a futile defense against what our media tries to have us believe is 'Being Australian'

Off Topic: The truth is that this is still one of the best places on earth to live, amongst many.
Spend a few hours searching all the capital cities of the world on googlemaps and tell me that there are any more then a handful of places on this planet that look the least bit appealing to live in.

No shanty towns down this way and social security system that keeps people fed and housed very effectivly, for as long as you need it, no limit.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Sir, As an Australian myself, I feel I must apologise for the actions of the ABC ( or Comrade Radio as some of us call it) in this instance. Whilst I agree that Fosters is basically pig swill and needs massive improvements, the time honoured Australian tradition of bagging POMS should be left to the proper places and forums,i.e. pubs, BBQs, cricket matches and any other form of similar civilized social gathering.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Well, as a Pom living in Oz, I'm quite happy to get the odd 'bashing' - we all know there is nothing we can do to their beer which could make it any worse! lol I do like Toohys though!

I live in Melbourne, the best city in the world to live in according to a recent poll. And they used to send us here as a punishment! Now I'm begging them to let me stay!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
its funny how they import the crap beer and it sells elsewhere on it being an import alone.

Pabst blue ribbon is an American piss water beer, in china they sell it as high class beer.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
After listening to the radio interview I could'nt help myself but sign up straight away and respond to these uninformed comments. Barry Humphries aka Dame Edna Everidge aka Barry Humphries is a comedian who was performing a toungue in cheek "#-stir" of what should be a serious globalist subject. By the way it wasn't his best performance by far. What cheesed me off the most were these whinging poms who have no idea about beer or Australia for that matter.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Fosters should be Australian for "kangaroo piss".

Total utter swill.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Yeah agree mate what were those convicts whinging about?...original whinging Poms I guess

Tooheys?

Its strange how most aussie beers are so conspiracy theory forming horrible.
Becks, is a bout the best available here at a good value price.
Drink many...no hangover...god bless the germans.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I don't know anyone who lives in oz who actually drinks that sh1te.

Its just to sell to fools over seas.

edit on 22-9-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
But Fosters is austrailian for beer!

Just kidding, we call them oil cans here.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I always thought Millers was American

MillerCoors grew from the dreams of two German entrepreneurs who came to America in the mid-19th century.

Miller Brewing Company began when a determined young brewer, Frederick J. Miller, brought his passion for beer to the United States. Miller settled in Milwaukee, where in 1855 he bought the Plank Road Brewery and made his first delicious beer, using yeast that he had carried with him all the way from Europe.

Coors Brewing Company tapped its first barrel in 1873, when Adolph Coors opened The Golden Brewery in Colorado. Coors was born in Prussia and apprenticed at a brewery in his teens. With characteristic spirit, he stowed away on a ship to get to America and bring his brewing dream to life.

Miller Coors History

Og yes, so it is. Now what was this about the Brits? They don't own anything these days not even water, electricity, nuke power, sewage, car manufacturing, etc etc.....

SABMiller, UK?

The Company was founded in South Africa in 1895 as South African Breweries (SAB): the business operations were mainly limited to southern Africa, where it had established a dominant position in the market, until 1990 when it began investing in Europe.[5]

After listing on the London Stock Exchange in 1999[5] to raise capital for acquisitions, the group purchased the Miller Brewing Company in North America from the Altria Group in 2002, and changed its name to SABMiller.[5]

Following this, the group’s next major acquisition was of a major interest in Bavaria S.A., South America’s second largest brewer and owner of the Aguila and Club Colombia brands in 2005.[5]

The company became engaged in the hostile takeover of Fosters in August 2011,[6] and in September 2011, the board of Foster's agreed to a takeover bid valuing the company at Aus$9.9bn (USD$10.2bn; £6.5bn).[7] The deal expected to be completed by the end of the year, but exclude the Foster's larger brand in the UK and Europe, where it is owned by Heineken.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

Nowt to do wi' us poms matey!

new topics

top topics

join