It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did Hurricane Irene & a 7-ton Satellite Falling to Earth have in common?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i'd say, the level of expertise telling/disinforming where they would hit/make lanfall.

take hurricane irene, 3 days early MSM were already confirming Irene was 'heading for' NYC. lol

now this UARS sat which hasnt even landed yet, NASA said somewhere in USA and so far its way off..

disinfo, sheeple!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Where did NASA say it was going to hit the US?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
*double post
edit on 9/21/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's still got a long time before it comes down. Jumping the gun there fella, wait till it lands before firing at anyone reporting anything.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
*looks up* yep still up there cant fire off at someone being wrong until it actually happens and if you wanna get into details they said it "Should" hit earth friday at some point...not today.....so you sir have jumped the gun a day and half early!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
like i said, it didnt fall yet but my point is theyre jumping the gun and emphasizing FEMA will protect you.

as for USA, see link, my bad if i took the following link/articles wrong:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

not a goddamn thing

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

With the excuse all these skeptics give on this forum about how NASA has the worlds most brilliant minds and that we shouldn't question them, when it comes to space objects like Elenin and YU55 because they are the greatest mathematicians....well, they surely should be able to calculate with their advanced physics models where and when this thing should land....

They know its speed. They know its altitude. They know its fluctuations in altitudes. They know at what height re-entry point is.....SO....WHY DON'T THEY KNOW?!?!?
edit on 21-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by ignant

With the excuse all these skeptics give on this forum about how NASA has the worlds most brilliant minds and that we shouldn't question them, when it comes to space objects like Elenin and YU55 because they are the greatest mathematicians....well, they surely should be able to calculate with their advanced physics models where and when this thing should land....

They know its speed. They know its altitude. They know its fluctuations in altitudes. They know at what height re-entry point is.....SO....WHY DON'T THEY KNOW?!?!?
edit on 21-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

because the fact is....it isnt just following one set pattern its been changing it..some days it moves little closer...others it moves a little further out...its hard to say where it will land for sure when the data they receive is always different...now lets say it was the same every time...then they could say here!...but if that was the case it would of hit earth awhile ago
me thinks.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone here is worried about it hitting their house. Imo...if it happens, least you have a nice souvenir in your backyard. Maybe make some quick cash on ebay oO.

but then again...it would suck badly if it falls unto someone walking down the street final destination style X_X.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
I wonder if anyone here is worried about it hitting their house. Imo...if it happens, least you have a nice souvenir in your backyard. Maybe make some quick cash on ebay oO.

but then again...it would suck badly if it falls unto someone walking down the street final destination style X_X.

if it hit my house id be happy...nasa would be paying to replace it all

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

Bollocks.

The fluctuations in altitude can be calculated. I have been monitoring and it's surely calculable. It can all be calculated by the greatest minds on this planet and some of the most powerful computers.

It's utter bollocks. They know. In fact I may even go as far as to say they 'planned' for where it will land.
edit on 22-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Calex1987

Bollocks.

The fluctuations in altitude can be calculated. I have been monitoring and it's surely calculable.

It's utter bollocks. They know. In fact I may even go as far as to say they 'planned' for where it will land.

edit on 22-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

can you prove it and without a doubt tell me where its going to land 100%? because as soon as you say *this is where it will hit for sure* you are now responsible for anything that happens if it does..or doesnt follow that path...if anything they dont want full responsibility falling on their lap because they knew..this way they can say...we didnt know whoops..

so what im gonna say is if you can do the math and YOU tell me where its going to land

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

i'm more convinced by the minute with the notion that NASA *covertly* planned for everything

just, theres only logistical stuff they chose to let sheeple minions know:

www.space.com...

"
NASA Satellite Debris May Fall Anywhere … Except on eBay!!!
"

"The space agency wants to protect the public's safety, but also enforce the law. " quote

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

There are 2 critical unknowns.

1) Solar activity has a great effect on the atmosphere at the altitudes at which the satellite is orbiting and will re-enter. The density in these regions changes from hour to hour. The density determines how quickly the satellite slows down. The rate at which the satellite slows down determines exactly when it will encounter dense enough atmosphere to slow it out of orbit. While it is possible to get a general idea of the state of the upper atmosphere, it is not possible to know exactly what it's doing or what it will do.

2) The satellite is tumbling. That tumbling also affects how the satellite is slowed by the atmosphere. In turn, the atmosphere influences the tumbling. The attitude at which the satellite is found when it does encounter the denser atmosphere will have a great effect on when it re-enters.

Those two variables are sufficient to limit the accuracy of the calculations. But, as we have seen, as time goes on and the window gets closer range of values for the variables decrease and the estimates become more accurate.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

They're human?

They can't predict everything, despite the technology they possess?

I haven't seen much about this satellite hitting the U.S. Some seem to think that it's going to hit Denver on here.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

According to the last update (#7) UARS won't hit North America:

Re-entry is expected sometime during the afternoon of Sept. 23, Eastern Daylight Time. The satellite will not be passing over North America during that time period.

Although I believe that NASA don't tell us the whole story about a lot of thinks I believe them that it's impossible to predict the touch down point. There are so many unknown variables in that formular. If you look at the speed (7.5KM/s at the moment) you can easily see that an error of a few seconds will result in a touch down place several 100 miles off your calculaton. So it's much better to say 'We do not know' than 'Hmm, maybe China but could also be Russia or Europe'.
I guess we have to wait until tomorrow to have at least a chance to predict the country or area.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Q: What did Hurricane Irene & a 7-ton Satellite Falling to Earth have in common?

A: Not a single blessed thing...

top topics

join