It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Standing Before my Long Lost Brother in the Spirit World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I lost my older brother in 1986, I was 9 years old. Adam was 3 years older than me and had taught me everything I knew up to that point. We were very close brothers, he being the first born and I the second. Adam had a defective heart and spent the last 4 years of his life in and out of hospitals. Up until then we were normal brothers, playing together and fighting with eachother over toys etc. I knew he was sick but I always believed he would be healthy like me and would be around to help his little brother navigate life's difficult journeys and untold joys. He was my unequivocal leader and I followed him with unquestioned loyalty. I needed my big brother.

I'll never forget the day he died. School had just started a few weeks earlier and I was on the living room floor doing my 4th grade homework. My Mom had just returned from the Hospital, her face somber and looked as if she had been crying. I didn't pay much attention to it and dove back into my school work. Moments latter, I heard my Mom talking to my Grandmother. "He's dead, Adam died" My body froze, paralyzed, I could not believe what I just heard. I can still remember the tears hitting the yellow piece of paper I was doing math on.

That night we got together and we did a lot of crying, mostly us kids, as my parents were putting on their brave face for our sake. We had his funeral a week later, very difficult for a 9 year old boy to process. I had just lost my leader, my big brother, who I desperately needed in my life. In the years to follow it think I suppressed those feelings to help me cope with losing him. It took me an additional 16 years before I could go back to his grave and visit him. I visit every birthday and still cry like a baby. I miss him so much.

So, about a month or so ago I had been watching on the BIO channel a series called " I survived, beyond and back", Its a show about people who had died and gone to heaven/spirit world and had been revived and brought back to life. I have always found these stories to be fascinating, having always had a strong faith in God even though he took my Brother at such a young age.

I remember saying to myself, " I cant wait to be there, how wonderful it would be to be in that loving place and out of this hate filled world". The last time I looked at the clock as I was going to bed was 11:55pm. At 12:07 I jumped from my bed and ran into my living room. I had this presence I wasn't alone. Any other night if that had happened I would have grabbed my 40.cal pistol out of my night stand, but it was as if I was hoping to find a person I new.

Thats when I realized what had just happened and I dropped to my knees in my living room. It may have been a dream, but a dream had NEVER felt this real. There I was standing before Adam, I could not see his face but I knew it was him, I knew it. He had an adult form and his body was like a solid dark blueish form. Behind him was a brilliant white light, the the right of him it turned from white to a purple/ reddish color, to his left it turned from white to a bluish color. I remember feeling so excited to see him, like when you haven't seen a dear friend for ages and about to see them but times a Trillion. As we got closer to eachother he said only two words to me, he said "Not yet". His tone was so loving and I understood it as we would be together very soon. Who knows what that means, I spent the next waking hour thinking about him and when I get to see him again. I think about this nearly everyday since it has happened and will continue to until the day I take my last breath.

I just want you all to know that death is a lie, we will continue on is some form or another. We will see all our loved ones again.Love is all that matters, love is the key. This may have been a just a dream, but I can tell you it felt nothing like a dream, so vivid and clear, so real. I had never felt that level of peace and content since waking up from that encounter with Adam.Till we meet again Big Brother.

If anyone else has had a similar experience, please share.

RustyNailer
edit on 21-9-2011 by RustyNailer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
wow geat read mate =] please stay strong, who knows we probably gonna be friend someday too hahah

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
" Not yet. "
But soon enough.
What a share.......

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
death is not a lie, you will die, i will die, that dog down the street yep he will die, babies die, fish die, even suns die. that dosent mean we cease to be.

it means the entropy process has performed its much needed and sadly over villified purpose and has broken matter down so that from its base material new matter can be weaved. you can't destroy energy including the "soul / spirit" only transform it thats basic physics.

death will come for you as it must and when it does the energy that makes you who you are will do what it always does. personaly i look forward to it. i think about death espescialy my own ofton the idea that i will not be here one day isent scarey, now life thats scarey. life is full of pain and misery sprinckled with moments of joy and love seperated by long stretches of boredom.

i dont grieve because someone dies. i grieve over the fact that i will have to live with out them, its a selfish act the dead are free the living are bound. the mourning of there death was and in many places still is a rite of respect for the life they lived not the ending of it.

jmho.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I feel what you experienced is close to what I experienced of late, and no it was not a dream, we continue after this experience. I only say this from my own growing as I never accepted the words of another man or religion. I have had two vision which came from extreme pain which has tired me to an extreme. I am healing, but I am also getting older and life has been a battle in many ways, thus being tired.

One vision was a simple being on a higher dimension, above the astral and being given a message from an angelic woman that I was to show another how to get to that level and I would be free.

Another was at a level that was there, but not created yet, and I watched as I was gathered and given comfort by a force that I could not see, yet "knew". Like you, I look forward to returning home.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That is awesome. I always tell my kids there is no such thing as death and fear is pointless. We go on infinitely. I don't believe in Religion or the God theory but in my heart I know that this thing we call life is but a minute of the fullness of what we will experience.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyNailer

Wow -- that's amazing. I'm watching I survived Beyond and Back right now. It's my favorite show for sure. Super amazing mind blowing show. I had some similar experiences in my qigong training with Chunyi Lin who sees and heals dead people -- springforestqigong.com... and he heals alive people. I saw dead spirits going to him to be healed. It was really amazing.

They were forms of light shaped like people but were yellow and floating in the air.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Cool story! I am happy you had that experience. My boys are 3 3/4 years apart. I can't imagine how it would be for one to have to live without the other. Sorry you had to go through that, but the awareness of being together again and this confirmation is so special. Yes, it is definitely worth believing.

That's for sharing!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

Wow, that's crazy. There is so much being hidden from us, much like spiritual amnesia. I almost can't wait to go home so I can find out the truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Thanks for your comment. It was really hard at first, almost unbearable. It wasn't until recently that I was able to somewhat understand that I was supposed to have that experience, for whatever reasons. But we'll all find out the truth one day.

new topics

top topics

join