It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UARS is now officially off track! T-minus impact on earth. Make a guess where it will land!

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Here is a cool page, it says it'll show "LIVE" 3D over Miami, Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, and more, don't know if it's really "live" or 3D but anyway here it is:

www.theweatherspace.com...

and here's the direct UStream link:

UStream
edit on 23-9-2011 by WhoDat09 because: fix link

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
So much for my buck...
This next pass takes it back in to the US around San Diego , crosses the heartland and goes way up to northeast Canada

About what Time will it by closest to SE Michigan ?

I want to try and catch it on next pass. Like 10:40 est ?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Looks like this pass it will be way west of you, Kansas, Wyoming. Its gonna have stay alive for a while to see Michigan again and they say it is doubtfull, but they have been so off from a few days ago, who knows.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I live in eastern NC and went outside to try and catch a glimps, at about 9:45 I either saw a fast comet or something, or the UARS. It looked like a fire ball with a slight tail, then about 20 seconds later a loud swoosh soud. any ideas?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasteel
Saw nothing on the last pass over the UK (according to the trajectory sites, which may not be accurate I know) so seems it won't be over the skies here again unless it survives a lot longer than people think :-)

If survize that long about 2 hours to SW.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbillytilly

Nah, it was over the UK around that time.... Certainly would like to know what you saw though!

It has just exited Africa and headed to pass south of Australia.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
just an update from last pass over uk

personally didn't see it this time, was still clear but clouds rolling in now, jupiter is still huge in the sky, mentioned the same in live chat.

keep your eyes open people its still up there.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chapterhouse

"Shortbus"

nice,,
i think we have a Project Name,,

Project "Shortbus".

take that N.A.S.A

and cost nothing,,

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbillytilly

If u can hear a Swoosshhh,
that means its sending sound waves,,shock waves,, (not Aliens,,,, lol)
so definetly,
losing orbit.
edit on 23-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

K thanks for the update / info.

Can't wait to hear where the debris starts falling. Hopefully nobody is injured but with an estimated 26 pieces able to crash land, this could be an interesting night.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
!FDC 1/2720 FDC .. SPECIAL NOTICE .. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL 1109252359 UTC. AIRCRAFT ARE ADVISED THAT A POTENTIAL HAZARD MAY OCCUR DUE TO REENTRY OF SATELLITE UARS INTO THE EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE. FAA IS WORKING WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE AND NASA TO ENSURE THE MOST CURRENT RE-ENTRY INFORMATION IS PROVIDED TO OPERATORS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. FURTHER NOTAMS WILL BE ISSUED IF SPECIFIC INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE INDICATING A UNITED STATES AIRSPACE IMPACT. IN THE INTEREST OF FLIGHT SAFETY, AND Irtysh-Avia (Kazakhstan)">IT IS CRITICAL THAT ALL PILOTS/FLIGHT CREW MEMBERS REPORT ANY OBSERVED FALLING SPACE DEBRIS TO THE APPROPRIATE ATC FACILITY AND INCLUDE POSITION, ALTITUDE, TIME, AND DIRECTION OF DEBRIS OBSERVED. THE DOMESTIC EVENTS NETWORK /DEN/ TELEPHONE 202-493-5107, IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Here we go folks. Get your popcorn ready. Anyone know where it's at right now?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Is this going to happen too fast for evacuations? I bet it is. I bet all the sudden it will just free fall.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Wonder how many are viewing this
from the air - in a plane, eeeek

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow, the USTREAM tracker showed white streaks in the 3d track (from ground) as it passed New Zealand....
Don't know if they were artifacts, but it looked cool.....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
Is this going to happen too fast for evacuations? I bet it is. I bet all the sudden it will just free fall.

I'm guessing maybe 20 minutes max.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Appears to me more than a free fall - this thing seems to be winding up. Will it let go a fast ball?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well another 30 minutes before this predicted 'window' closes. co-incidentally the same time UARS is taking its now lower descent even further off the Western seaboard of the US. The cities of LA, Las Vegas, Denver, Cheyenne and St.Paul would be worth keeping a eye on the sky soon enough.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Yeah I'm not sure what that was, don't think it was the satellite tho

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
NASA best estimate of impact location so far

twitpic.com...

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join