It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UARS is now officially off track! T-minus impact on earth. Make a guess where it will land!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

well knowing my luck it will be
my holiday resort hotel in rhodes greece
we go on the 29th sept for two weeks

edit on 23-9-2011 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
well the way my days going will prob hit me just fell of motorbike OUCH and landing on my bum, bike on me, now waiting for sat on my head!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

USA is back in the strike zone of UARS!!

Everyone remember, DUCK AND COVER!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Everyone eventually dies...I think it would be a pretty gnarly way dying at the hands of a 6 ton satelite, if it happens, it happens......Good luck everyone.......And NASA, if this thing does hit me, I'm going to haunt each and every one of you.....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
One of the best tracking softwares I have come across yet. It called Orbitron. It's awesome!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELEVATOR7
reply to post by dreamseeker

Its currently south of Argentina on the coast. The tracking link works for me at the moment and that is where it is placing it at an altitude of 114.97

Update, moving quite quickly it is now over the Congo

edit on 23-9-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: update uars route

whoever as a feed from somewere should post the lowest point in orbit and highest point of orbit
Hab no luck get on any off them
sorry twice but lock-up

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hi peeps, my guess is...if it comes down on land..Its gotta be somewhere in the vacinity of Wall Street.
which will make an enormous..CRASH !...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by albertfothergill

Your very welcome
be interesting to see what happens next (without anyone getting hurt of course)
Working with rotary wing SAR and Transports I've seen a few things similar to yourself and it added up to an interesting theory that was more right than wrong.. So with that thought in mind my best wishes to you all

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Knowing my luck it will land in Denver while I am having a vip tour of the deep facility refuge site there, my luck hey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still I suppose the country can run itself untill I get back.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
In Greece the media are reporting that UARS will fall somewhere between Greece and Italy

www.enet.gr...

Here's the google translation:
Between Italy and Greece will fall by the satellite of NASA

In the sea area between Italy and Greece are expected to drop pieces of the satellite of NASA, provided of course spend the atmosphere. The chances at NASA satellite track to achieve one, anyone, man on earth is 1 / 3200. Probability of not completely statistically insignificant.

The NASA has not determined exactly where to drop the pieces of the satellite, although estimated to be close to part of northern Italy.

The satellite UARS, which weighs about 5.5 tonnes has escaped from its orbit and is expected to reach Earth's surface in a few hours.

As the newspaper is not easy to draw precise estimates of when and who will hit the satellite.

The satellite is the biggest waste space striking the Earth in the last 30 years. Upon entering the atmosphere is expected to ignite and break into about 100 pieces, creating a ball of fire will be visible day.

Approximately 26 of these pieces, most of which will weigh about 140 pounds, is expected to survive entry into the atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So basically pieces will be about the size of a human being. Even a 5 poun object travelling at 17460 miles woul kill someone. I wish the tracking sites were working because I want to know when it will be over me. I fille up on gas just in case.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Earlier I said that UARS if it fell woul hit africa at 12:23 it is now over Africa.
edit on 23-9-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

I nee to get back into a simulation program it appears those simulations are ran have been right so far.

this means if this thing has not fallen by 9:29pm CSt UARS will be over the USA an coul impact the USA.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dyllels
So I'm trying to create a table of times of when it might be visible for me to see on this side of the world.

It is currently making about 16.4 revolutions per day. So I assume it will be at the same place on the map every ~1.5 hours? Is this correct?

Yes and no.
It is at the same place every 88 minutes, but during that time the earth has turned underneath it (the earth turns once a day, you know).
So it has the end appearance that the satellite shifts westward for each orbit.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
So basically pieces will be about the size of a human being. Even a 5 poun object travelling at 17460 miles woul kill someone. I wish the tracking sites were working because I want to know when it will be over me.

I mentioned the ORBITRON program yesterday. Somebody else said they also downloaded it and liked it, so maybe give that a try.
Dont forget to do the update, so you get the lastest set of orbital elements.

And when it comes time for it to pass over your head, I'm thinking that standing on the downrange side of a sturdy brick building for those few minutes should be enough.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
From my experience I have seen it in the same area within a 1,000 miles every 90 minutes. For example it will be close to North America every 90 minutes somewhere within a 1,000 miles or so. UARS is orbiting the earth but the earth is rotating so it can't be in the exact same location. On another threa there was a really good 3d simulation that showed this.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I downloaded that software and use it but now the UARS is not showing up? I was able to predict the track many times. It is updated;where do I find the UARS?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

If you go to the HeavensAbove webpage and put in your longitude and latitude.... it will give you the times it passes over your vicinity. Of course, it will also be able to give you when other things pass over you such as the ISS and Iridium flares if you are interested.

Everyone here should learn about HeavensAbove!

HeavensAbove website link - click here

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I downloaded that software and use it but now the UARS is not showing up? I was able to predict the track many times. It is updated;where do I find the UARS?

Its working fine for me.
When you say its not showing up, do you mean that you select the UARS satellite and it doesnt show, or that you cant select it at all? For me, the UARS satellite is the last one in the big list thats on the right of the main map.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

Thanks it appears there are no visible passes yet I am confused because with orbitron the simulations had it passing over near me.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

On the side where are the satelittes are liste UARS is not there to be selected. It was there until late last night.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join