It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UARS is now officially off track! T-minus impact on earth. Make a guess where it will land!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I wonder if this UARS satellite comes down somewhere along 30 latitude.

If it did, and the ROSAT satellite came down on the 46 longitude, I would be dumbstruck.

Just keeping an eye on the numbers.

st.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

What I’m talking about happened back on the 8th page September 21st @ the 11pm hour. The projected path was going NW, and the simulation had a line drawn right through Western Oregon going NW. You didn’t start contributing to this thread until the 19th page which was 1:14 pm on September 22nd. If you would have noticed the path like how I saw it during that time it would have probably made more sense to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
And there's this one and a half tonne satellite to come down in October aswell.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

I started contributing only once I had read the thread in its entirety and felt that there was something to contribute (unlike some people).

At this point I can only assume your being intentionally ignorant and therefore there really is no further point discussing things with you.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Millions of people looking for info on a satellite that theoretically could fall on their head...

"Servers too busy... Try again later..."

Great, thanks a lot n2yo! I'm sure your website will give me more data on this satellite a few hours after it impacts.

I hope the satellite hits the server...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I'll throw in a guess-

With Japans luck lately, it will probably fall on them!

(and no, I am not making an attempt at a serious analysis here, I cannot get on any of the links that have been posted to track it and do not know if it will actually get anywhere near Japan)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
How abouton the head of Mr A of Iran

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If my predictions are correct UARS is going to leave a trail across parts of Russia, Mongolia and the mountainous regions of western China.

You heard it here first.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Well it's all very oblivious atm, dutch news agencies just say western europe is in the risk zone.. Got to love news agencies who narrow things down for you..

Only thing left to do is wear my helmet all day long, haha!

edit on 23-9-2011 by Elexio because: typoos!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Size of Earth 510 million square kilometers
Size of a 'Double Decker bus' 8.38 meters

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Belgian news states the following (free translation):

"During reentry, the satellite will be far from North America, so there's no risk for the US.
The most probable scenario is that the debris will fall into the ocean. Although, according to this simulation video part of the trajectory is above land.
In that case it seems that parts of Africa and Russia are at risk.
Western Europe isn't out of the risk zone, but Nasa is mostly gambling on the area between Antarctica and South America."

Source (Dutch)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The three largest pieces to have a notable impact will all come crashing down, within minutes of each other, into the Atlantic Ocean, just off the coast of Cornwall, UK. Three Sea Lions, basking on some offshore coastal rocks, will be momentarily surprised as the resulting mini-tsunamis send water washing over their flippers.

They will look around apprehensively, searching the ocean surface for any signs of shark fins or Killer Whales, until they remember that they are safely perched out of the water. They will then return to their previous pastime, admiring the flight of the local Seagulls.

Simultaneously, a psychic in Camden, New Jersey will snap awake from a deep sleep, muttering "What the Hell was that?", before rolling over to return to his dream about meeting Britney Spears.

Or not...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
"Servers too busy... Try again later..."

Try
Heavens-above

or
calsky

But the best answer is to download a program you can run on your own computer.

According to some predictions - 14 hours to go.

edit on 23-9-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Our local news reported that satelite will possibly hit near Italy-Austria in Europe...
This is arround 30km from my location if true

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

Seriously??? Europe??? Is that valid? Well, I had a thought that it might be Europe, cause it's the only place with a red dot in the simulator...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by borutp
Our local news reported that satelite will possibly hit near Italy-Austria in Europe...

There is no way to be that specific in location at this time.
It orbits the whole world in 88 minutes, so a mere few minutes in the uncertainty of reentry time means it come down whole continents away from any given location.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The Today Show just stated that your chance of getting hit by space debris today is: 1 in 3200.

I'm not liking those odds.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Im going with paris, cause nostradamus hinted about something crashing from the sky as a sign before WWIII

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Imogene.. You just made me smirk a little.. I hope it doesn't fall where the red dot is my map..

The red dot is to show us where we are located.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nanny

Oh! Silly me/// Didn't know that! Thanks for the tip

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join