It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UARS is now officially off track! T-minus impact on earth. Make a guess where it will land!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
12 hours give/take was one estimate I was reading in which NASA/JPL may be able to pull out a crude estimate of where this thing will eventually end up. In another few minutes it'll be over the UK again, with 2 more passes to come before observations from here become non-existent later into tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Could somone post the link to the simulation or live feed of its trajectory? Earlier someone said that a few pages back there was a link, I couldn't find one after a few (10) pages back.

Thanks in advanced!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Because I have to fly on a plane tomorrow evening/late afternoon, I say it will hit the plane I am on....darn it, I would have to buy plane tickets that involved that day !

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Maybe it will hit NASA's JPL! Karma has a way of biting back very hard for lying sooo much!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
On 9-23 at 21:33 cst which is 1;33 pm cst the satllite will be over the midwest east of the rocky mountians. So it really depends when impact is expected. If we know that we can pinpoint the area where it will land.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

The link is on the first post. Took me hours to get it to stop timing out and then if you click on anything it just times out. I've gotten on the main page once only to loose it when you click on anything to do with this.

Foxnews has a page with it on from the same site, but it will not load. I've had it open for hours and it will not load.

I'd say too many people are trying and making it so nobody can connect to anything. Just have to live with stuff from people who can connect.

It's n2yo.com. Give it a try. You don't need a link, just type it in.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
the simulation is not working for me either. i did a re-fresh when i got home from work, can't do it there you know. i closed and now can't find the link anywhere either. Funny other thing, the JPL orbit diagram for Elenin is giving errors too and my computer keeps freezing up. Any new word on the position of UARS? Anyone else having problems?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A great tracker here, but so busy lately, it is hard to get in.

www.n2yo.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

tracking software

You can down load the software here. I like this much better. The live fee on the internet is not working.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"Yes, my Brother Gog was wrong..............how was he to know it would land right here in our giant warehouse! ........its a cataclismic sale!!..........That's Atlantis Carpet Reclaimers.........serving Heeter, Hellmouth and the low desert area............."

- Firesign Threater

ahem ..........that is where it lands.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I found this interesting the satellite was launched on September 12, 1991 it will fail on September 23 2011...Exactly 20 years and wait for it...11 days from it's launch. not sure why 13 is unlucky but 9's and 11's are...

I do wonder what this thing will do if anything.
edit on 22-9-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
From the Pacific Ocean comments to the fears that it will hit us, this whole thing reminds me of Dead Like Me:

Look out for flaming toilet seats!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ok so I am looking at it now if it falls at 21:33 pm it will be at 43- 45 N 93-95 W which puts in the dakotas. If it falls at noon it will be in the middle of the pacfic ocean. Anyone else using the software?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Thanks! I've been trying to get the original link to work all day, and have been coming up empty!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

yw I would really apperciate a second opionion on my findings. The simulation varies widely depending on what time it is.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The link is on the first post. Took me hours to get it to stop timing out and then if you click on anything it just times out. I've gotten on the main page once only to loose it when you click on anything to do with this.

Foxnews has a page with it on from the same site, but it will not load. I've had it open for hours and it will not load.

I'd say too many people are trying and making it so nobody can connect to anything. Just have to live with stuff from people who can connect.

It's n2yo.com. Give it a try. You don't need a link, just type it in.

Thanks for the reply!
Cheers

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
wait a minute 21:33 is miltary time so that would put it at a different time then I orginally thought. I am not sure what that would equate too?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
here is the link I am using.... www.infosatellites.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by lkpuede

Originally posted by jhn7537
I dont see how its possible that they put a satelite into space and they have zero control of bringing it back down to Earth....Wherever it strikes its going to be for a specific reason.... When they planned, developed, and sent this thing into space, they knew one day it would come back down to Earth and they likely planned for how it would re-enter orbit....

maybe you haven't really been reading the news lately, but the word is it was hit by space junk, or The Galactic Federation Of Light (take your pick) and that's how it wound up out of control. and it's be video'd by quite a number of backyard astronomers who have verified that it is, indeed, tumbling.

and those backyard astronomers are to be believed...the DoD can't even launch the X-37B without the backyarders finding it within 10 minutes of launch.
edit on 22-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

Interesting.....So once they lose control, its impossible to get it back..........hmmmm

it would seem you have your space vehicle propulsion systems all confused. the ISS, the lately retired Space Shuttle, the X-37B and Interplanetary Vehicles all have on board propulsion systems. most ordinary satellites do not. they are constantly falling and they will all fall, eventually.

in other words, no. once it starts to tumble in an unexpected fashion, it's game over.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Or gpredict for Linux and such. I noticed orbitron works in wine though.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join