It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UARS is now officially off track! T-minus impact on earth. Make a guess where it will land!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

An area that goes from Val d' Aosta to Veneto, near Austria, with a 600 km area where 26 dangerous fragments could fall in every direction around the 200 km danger area.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I predict it will land in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Africa. Somewhere between Somalia, Tanzania and Kenya. Will we be told where it comes down so we can see who came closest?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm going to go ahead and predict it landing somewhere off the coast of Asia. In the water, perhaps near the general Japan area?

We'll see.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
UARS is heading straight for Mr. Berlusconi's villa in Arcore, in the outskirts of Milan. In Italy somebody will say it's a communist satellite!! (anybody says something against Silvio is a dirty bolscevico communist...of course)

Well ok this is a joke but there are chances...I hope nobody gets hurt. Stay safe, but I find silly what the Italian authorities are suggesting..."stay inside"...as if a fragment of 140 kilos falling from the sky would be stopped by a thin concrete layer.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
I predict it will land in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Africa. Somewhere between Somalia, Tanzania and Kenya. Will we be told where it comes down so we can see who came closest?

Yes and winner will get some braggin rights!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hundroid
Stay safe, but I find silly what the Italian authorities are suggesting..."stay inside"...as if a fragment of 140 kilos falling from the sky would be stopped by a thin concrete layer.

I wonder if one of the batteries could explode just above the surface causing acid or other harmful chemicals and pollutants to rain down on people in the general area?

Hmmm...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Maybe we'll get lucky, and it will land on president zero's head.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Just in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm betting a part of it lands in an old couple's garden in Scu nthorpe. NASA's painfully slow updates gives me the impression it's more likely to be a splash down. But if parts land around here, I will be stealing and denying knowledge of having US government property.

edit on 22-9-2011 by markymint because: ATS does not like the word s c u n thorpe

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It looks it is headed to North America this thing is really strange. There is no way to know where it will go.

That's why I am thinking this thing is being guided because it turns all the suden.
edit on 22-9-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Upside my ex-wife's head . . .

Guess . . . wish . . . po-tay-toe . . . po-tah-toe whatever

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Dale Farm would be useful. It would certainly end the arguement. Alternatively, Bohemian Grove or for a wider target....France

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I just read that....

The satellite will break into pieces, and NASA put the chances that somebody somewhere will get hurt at just 1-in-3,200 -- low enough that some people are making a game of the whole thing. One Irish company is even allowing people to gamble on the crash site. Paddy Power, Ireland's largest bookmaker, has placed the odds that the satellite will crash in the Pacific Ocean at 8/11, followed by the Atlantic at 2/1.

1-3200 odds aren't that low.......It's not like its the Powerball jackpot odds......

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
We now know it's not hitting the US, so time to revise predictions. My guess is Iran. Because that would stir the conspiracy pot nicely.

Thread of it not hitting US as per NASA: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-9-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
using math and the earths mass, volume, area and other probables, scientists have come to the conclusion that the sattelite will fall on one of 2 places on earth. 1 somewhere on the asian continent, 2 somewhere on dolly partons boobs!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i think it will land on china

then china will blame the usa

but usa will say its your fault china your children made the damn thing for noodles in your sweat shops

edit on 22-9-2011 by caddlesee because: spelling wrong

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

How do we know for sure it wont hit the USA? It is turning and going all over the place at this point/.

edit on 22-9-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
UARS Tracker

Servers too busy... Try again later...

FAIL!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Anyone else having a problem getting onto the tracking site? I keep getting "Server busy, try again." for the last couple hours.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Going off a NASA spokesman here:

Nasa has said a six-ton satellite doomed to fall to Earth this week will not hit the U.S. as incredible video was captured showing the start of the spacecraft's descent.

Scientists today said that the Upper Atmospheric Research Satellite (UARS) will make its final fiery plunge on Friday afternoon when it is not due to be passing over North America.

News source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

ATS discussion: www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join