It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UARS is now officially off track! T-minus impact on earth. Make a guess where it will land!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
With luck it'll hit Belgium or France.....

The batteries weigh 50KG each, you definately don't wanna get hit by one, would put a real downer on the rest of your day.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
For a second opinion on the reentry time, a guy who tweets using the name UARS Reentry has been making plots of altitude over time, compared with some other computer generated predictions.

To me, it looks like reentry very early on the 24th. (Thats UTC time, of course)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Brace for Impact, We are entering the dawn of a new age.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My guess is that it will hit somwhere in China.

Wouldn't it be bad if a piece of this thing fell into a nuclear plant, or a weapons factory or a bio-terror lab.. Lots of doom potential here.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Artlicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The guy at UARS Reentry also has a plot of the orbits the satellite will make during the time it is expected to come down

Predicted Reentry Time: 23 SEP 2011 @ 20:00 UTC ± 14 hours

The way I read it, the blue lines are the orbits before 23 Sep 22:00 UTC, and the yellow lines are the orbits after that time. The UARS mark is where it will be at that exact moment.
So if it comes down on the expected time, it will be somewhere along that track, and ONLY along that track.

Note that orbits shift westward with each pass, so while the USA is currently safe, if the reentry is delayed by a few hours it starts to fall in the danger zone and South Africa starts to move out.

edit on 22-9-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
eastern US

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hope it lands on this Muppet

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
it'll ping off of Stone Mountain in Georgia and land in the confederate cemetary......that'll keep peoples up for a while

on second thought......

(PING!) Stone Mountain -----(Zing!) Georgia Capital dome-----(Boom!) Parole Board responsible for killing an innocent man.

thanks for reminding me My.Mind.Is.Mine ....i was really in a funk about that. i've known of the case for a while. it never added up.
edit on 22-9-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

maybe it'll bounce off the heads of the murderous parole and pardons board down here...

but stone mountain sounds good too!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If a large chunk of this, say a heavy battery, hit right dead center in the caldera of an old powerful volcano, could it cause an eruption? Just a thought.. One in a million chance though, I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
In Justin Biebers mouth.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The bits that have a higher melting point will probably survive reentry and most likely hit the sea.

Failing that how about the Vatican!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Eventually, some of it will land on ebay.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by ShadowMonk

probably japan knowing their luck

Well, maybe it will plug fukashima once and for all.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
Eventually, some of it will land on ebay.

haha that's great! Def. worth a star.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Smack dab on top of FEMA head quarters...them we can watch them bungle helping themselves during a disaster....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
UARS RE-ENTRY UPDATE: NASA's massive UARS satellite remains on track to re-enter Earth's atmosphere during the late hours of Sept. 23rd. The fireball will probably miss North America, according to latest estimates of UARS orbital elements, but almost every other continent falls under a possible re-entry ground track. Better estimates are expected in the next 24 hours. As it makes its last orbits, the tumbling satellite is flashing brightly in the night sky, attracting the attention of stargazers and photographers. Check SpaceWeather's satellite tracker for last-chance sightings over your location: spaceweather.com... .

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
The guy at UARS Reentry also has a plot of the orbits the satellite will make during the time it is expected to come down

Predicted Reentry Time: 23 SEP 2011 @ 20:00 UTC ± 14 hours

The way I read it, the blue lines are the orbits before 23 Sep 22:00 UTC, and the yellow lines are the orbits after that time. The UARS mark is where it will be at that exact moment.
So if it comes down on the expected time, it will be somewhere along that track, and ONLY along that track.

Note that orbits shift westward with each pass, so while the USA is currently safe, if the reentry is delayed by a few hours it starts to fall in the danger zone and South Africa starts to move out.

edit on 22-9-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Jeez....that goes right next to Japan.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Can you imagine the cluster **** that will happen if it hits a populated area in another country. I can see the special presidential committees forming now....another bill for us taxpayers to pay. If that were the case...then I say China is where it will hit...they've got most of our money already.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

I'm guessing Uncle George down the street sitting on the pot....oh and with a newspaper
Either that or the Vatican

edit on 22-9-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join