It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever seen this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Just talked to a buddy of mine who lives in Metarie, Louisiana. He said today he was on the way home about 2 pm and was driving up his street when he noticed a guy riding a segway up his street. He passed him and pulled into his driveway a little further down the street. He got out of his car and stood near his door and watched the guy come up the street. He said he had a extremely large amount of electronics attached to this segway and was wearing very large white headphones. He said would stop in front of each home and point a device that looked like a radar gun at the house and then move to the next. He said this particular piece of equipment was about twice the size of an actual radar gun. He continued all the way down the street and stopped at a white Yukon at the end of the street and pulled a ramp from the rear of it and loaded the segway got into the vehicle and left. I asked if he took a picture. Nope. says he was kinda just taking it all in and didnt think to. Says the guy was wearing khaki slacks and a button down shirt. So I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this in their neighborhood?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

no but i would have been for stopping the guy and finding out........he could be working for someone, or he could be stealing peoples info.........

well, I guess both is the same

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

Could have been the utility meter reader, they often use remote technology for the meter info. The SedgeWay could be an effort for efficiency from the utility co? Sounds like it would save some on courier costs.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I did mention to him the possibilities of both it could be some sort of meter reader. He does not have a smart meter. He just called me and said that they did just open a 4 million dollar mosque about 3 blocks from him. Kinda makes me think of homeland security. Also a meter reader from any utility company would have to wear ID. which this guy was not

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Highly possible

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

My first thought when reading this was a Google Street View dude.

Then a quick search came up with this:

Ultrasharp 3-D Maps

A missile-targeting technology is adapted to process aerial photos into 3-D city maps sharper than Google Earth's...
C3 has also developed a version of its camera package to gather ground-level 3-D imagery and data from a car, boat, or Segway. This could enable the models to compete with Google's Street View, which captures only images. C3 is working on taking the technology indoors to map buildings' interiors and connect them with its outdoor models.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit
reply to post by inbound

My first thought when reading this was a Google Street View dude.

Then a quick search came up with this:

Ultrasharp 3-D Maps

A missile-targeting technology is adapted to process aerial photos into 3-D city maps sharper than Google Earth's...
C3 has also developed a version of its camera package to gather ground-level 3-D imagery and data from a car, boat, or Segway. This could enable the models to compete with Google's Street View, which captures only images. C3 is working on taking the technology indoors to map buildings' interiors and connect them with its outdoor models.

What do you think?

I did actually mention google street view
I'd buy that
with the huge amount of electronics, I think its possible

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wait.. you saw something but didn't say something? Where is your sense of patriotic terror?

Seriously, though, I think Netties Hermit is probably on the right track.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It must be a funny sight to see.
Those segways and their user's look hilarious.

Wireless meter reading, cool.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by inbound

A long time ago when every home had massive antennas strapped on top to receive television programing, it was common for rating companies (like Nielsen) to measure your televisions local oscillator leakage and determine what TV channel is being watched inside each home.

This same method does not work with cable TV but it is unnecessary too; your cable box can already communicate to the home office your viewing habits. Your satellite TV box uses the phone line or internet to call back to the home office, but in theory, your satellite disk should leak a radio signal just like the old televisions. By comparing which houses leak a signal with billing records the satellite company can locate illegal satellite boxes.

Another possibility is the cable TV company looking for coax cable shield integrity problems. Again, a pickup antenna is pointed to each home and a specific leakage signal is looked for. When found, an automatic service call is placed for the cable repair service to track down the cause of poor shielding.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Z

top topics

join