It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker approval rating up big

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
New poll reflects divide on bargaining limits

Just over half of Wisconsin voters support limiting collective bargaining for public workers, but a similar number oppose a new state law that does just that, according to a new poll done for a free-market group.

The poll again exposes the deep divisions in the state over Republican Gov. Scott Walker's successful effort this year to curb the power of unions, triggering widespread protests and the largest wave of legislative recall elections in the country's history.

Voters are likewise split on the job Walker is doing, with 49% approving and 50% disapproving. Despite those tight numbers, just 44% favor recalling Walker, while 50% oppose doing so.

So much for the efforts of Liberals, progressive activists, and labor unions across Wisconsin and this country to demonize Scott Walker as it appears almost half of people in Wisconsin approve of Walker. Once a divisive figure, and still one for sure, he has gained traction after the fiasco concerning the union law changes back in February. Not just that but now over half of Wisconsinites approve of limiting collective bargaining rights for public sector workers, going along with the ideas of its Republican legislature and governor.

This is a huge win for Conservatives, especially in Wisconsin, and a blow to Liberals and unions.

Walker's disapproval rating in July was at 59%. Source

edit on 9/21/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I've got a "liberal buddy" up there that is NOT pleased with this at all. They live in the capital. When we visited them last he got excited over any protest taking over the streets.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This poll is from July 13th.

I realize that the Huff has it dated as Sept. 21st, but that is just the Huff's attention to detail.

From the article:

Nine state senators – six Republicans and three Democrats, are facing recall elections in the next few weeks – the fallout from the bitter fight over Walker's collective bargaining law, which eventually survived a court challenge and took effect. .....
"I think a lot more people will be happy come Aug. 10 when most of these recalls are done because in general people are tired of these endless campaigns," Walker said.

Huffy

On top of that, the University of Wisconsin Survey Center's Badger Poll is nothing more that UW Madison faculty and students conducting polls.

These are the same faculty and students who filled the Capitol with their calls for "Solidarity".

I suspect these same students will have an entirely different view of the world when they leave campus, get a job (hopefully) and are no longer being funded by mommy and daddy to get good grades in college.

new topics

join