It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting screenshots from Mars, really interesting!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Howakan

no expert either...just fine with me mate...so long as you wont mistake your shed for your house and your garage shop for a "Mr. handyman outlet"...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I cannot see any proper building outline there....it looks like a valley or canyon that you circled. I believe you are seeing what you want to see and from those pictures you are REALLY stretching your imagination.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

well, i think your signature speaks well of yourself...
cant find the bldg? look again man...

i got a ten yr old kid...he saw the images and asked , whats in there pop?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by alphaMegas

Well if I had a powerful enough telescope I certainly would use that technology who wouldn't? No matter how much you poke me with a stick, I won't see what you seem to see in valleys and canyons. Im sorry I guess I don't have an imagination like a 10 year old anymore, but I do have logic of an adult. And logically, no matter how many redlines you throw on blotchy google mars photos, I will still see irregular shapes in the forms of valleys and canyons.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420
reply to post by alphaMegas

And logically, no matter how many redlines you throw on blotchy google mars photos, I will still see irregular shapes in the forms of valleys and canyons.

And cocks

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas
reply to post by Illustronic

am not finished yet.
now try looking at it again matey.

OK, let me walk you through the kind of process you are viewing on Google Mars, or any space based simulated terrain model. What you have is an elevation map generated from the resolution of the actual data, that being a digital image (though derived from special laser equipment using reflected impulse distance measurements) but it is ultimately held hostage to the number of pixels in the raw data, 'the resolution' of the transmitted image.

So here I took a NASA satellite image of the Iraq Gulf region, it is quite large at 60 MB, (I tried to scale it down for easy viewing here).

I wanted a quick and easy way to make a landscape and 'fake' an actual DEM elevation map to terrain model, it was good enough but not real. An actual elevation terrain DEM model would have the white as the highest elevations and the darks as recessions, turned to grayscale it looked OK for doing little work.

So below is a dramatically lit fake landscape a UAV Hunter is flying an autonomous mission over, done solely for dramatic effect (and quick and dirty mind you) but will illustrate an education for you.

So, looks OK like a real landscape complete with a real shoreline, sort of. Now we take that really high resolution satellite image and zoom on down to see the surface look what happens.

The 3D software program is so sensitive that it starts to image the individual pixels as elevation changes, and of course that would be geometric, like squares because that area you see a detail of is ten thousands of the area of the whole image, thus individual pixels are imaged.

Here's what takes place in faking a real DEM map.

There is a pixel count in the data, this data is loaded into a real elevation 3D terrain model, as you see the contrast was equalized a bit because the modulation changes in loaded data has less color breaks than real laser elevation DEM data does, so you can't see the individual pixels in the loaded data, until you realize you just loaded 1,000 km and you are looking at an image that is just a couple km, and the software picks up individual pixels changes as geometric elevation changes, thus geometric shadows thus NOT REAL!.

Now after all of that they take whatever color image they took of that same area, (me starting with a colorized NASA satellite image I knew the color would match the fake elevation map I made), so they 'skin' that terrain model with the color from a color digital image (like Google Earth does) also held hostage to the resolution that may or NOT match up with the terrain model.

I admit I didn't present a true color image of the map I made but with the terrain you should get the message, you are not looking at a photograph of the Mars terrain, you are looking at a terrain map with a resolution limit.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

whew! quite a walk through mate. and thanks. picked up some very enlightening data.

but somethin still bugging me, like how did the images change from what was taken a day before to another image a day after?
with totally opposite resolutions?
edit on 23-9-2011 by alphaMegas because: add info

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't like to pile on but my first thoughts were of the old gentleman's sausage as well, but I guess that says more about me than anything else. I'm not against the idea of ancient structures on Mars but sorry I don't see anything here.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
you know what? I used to buy into all this ZOMG BUILDINGZ!!! now looking back on it... they are just rocks. The only images that ever came close to making me see buildings were the ones posted by Captain Tinfoil (John Lear) or Zorgon. The ones OP posted are just ridiculous. It's a rockface OP.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

whew! quite a walk through mate. and thanks. picked up some very enlightening data.

but somethin still bugging me, like how did the images change from what was taken a day before to another image a day after?
with totally opposite resolutions?
edit on 23-9-2011 by alphaMegas because: add info

The 1st image didn`t download properly,anyone can clearly see it`s just a pixelated version of the 2nd image.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muckyman

hmmm okey. it may as well be it...but is there something to back this up? now you see now you dont?
and i dohave some "komarov "pix ' anytake on this?
edit on 24-9-2011 by alphaMegas because: add info

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muckyman

maybe you are right man ...maybe,,,

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

if it makes you happy....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

hey, we are not talking bout "powerful t-scopes here. it's about what if...dont mean to be rude but obviously the topic is not just about the images,,

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

hey, we are not talking bout "powerful t-scopes here. it's about what if...dont mean to be rude but obviously the topic is not just about the images,,

The telescope comment was in response to your "clever" remark on my signature. And the thread is about the images and what you are trying to see, unless I missed something in the title or the opening post what else should it be about? Did you not get the reassurance from the community that these were structures as you originally posted?

All that aside, do you concede that these are most likely not structures in any way? It would help maybe affirm your stance on these photos.
edit on 24-9-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Once again,

Do you think that if there was a conspiracy concerning structures on Mars, they would put it into google

That would not be doing the cover up thing too good, would it

People really do waste too much time looking for structures on Google

top topics

<< 1   >>

join