It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A cool free FPS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This has to be the most realistic close combat PC FPS I have ever played. The graphics are not to grate but the game play is awesome. At first glance it does not look like much, but once you start playing you will realize how realistic it can be. Play it before crossing judgment. Its in no way comparable to CSS, allot of people say that it looks like CSS but its nothing like it. All though it does have the same type of damage system CSS has. If you get shot in the head your head is weaker, if you get shot in the legs your leg is weaker ect. You cant just run out in the open, get in a fire fight and expect to win that fire fight. My favorite feater of the game is that your gun can move independent from your shoulders, so that you can angle the gun around objects. You have LEAN around corners, CLEAR ROOMS like swat and stay behind cover or you will get killed. The thing I like most about the game is that you can make your own style that no one else can copy. Its a tight community, if you strive to be one of the best the veteran's who have been playing this game for longer then 6 years will give you some pointers.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
How many Gigs is the download for this game? I have a limited amount of bandwidth left for the month, and may have to wait til next month for this.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hey Dude,

First..Welcome to the World of Tomorrow...
I know dear time traveler the Future is strange, awkward and confusing.

But modern FPS looks 2011 way better and they are free!

1. A.V.A - ALLIANCE OF VALIANT ARMS

2. METAL KNIGHT ZERO

3. Battle Territory

sheeple..!!!

edit on 21-9-2011 by Bartender because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Unfortunately graphics are a main basis of my video game enjoyment, if you enjoy leaning round corners maybe you can check out FEAR 3, that has the same control mechanic, and some innovative multiplayer modes

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Allis1

I had never played such a # game like fear 3

HOMEFRONT RULES!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bartender
Hey Dude,

First..Welcome to the World of Tomorrow...
I know dear time traveler the Future is strange, awkward and confusing.

But modern FPS looks 2011 way better and they are free!

1. A.V.A - ALLIANCE OF VALIANT ARMS

2. METAL KNIGHT ZERO

3. Battle Territory

sheeple..!!!

edit on 21-9-2011 by Bartender because: (no reason given)

Graphics are not every thing man. These are all COD type games with crosshairs. In real life you cant aim with your hip and keep your gun stable. You would not be able to kill a enemy 20ft away with out aiming with your sites so why should you be able to do it in a video game?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allis1
Unfortunately graphics are a main basis of my video game enjoyment, if you enjoy leaning round corners maybe you can check out FEAR 3, that has the same control mechanic, and some innovative multiplayer modes

I liked fear 3 and liked that it made you utilize the leaning system but it felt a little off to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bartender
reply to post by Allis1

I had never played such a # game like fear 3

HOMEFRONT RULES!!!!

I hated homefront, I have only played the SP, its to short.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Video games - unconscious manipulation of teenager so that they can become soldiers for the US war machine.

You guys are hypocrites, if you think the war is bad

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWazoo
Video games - unconscious manipulation of teenager so that they can become soldiers for the US war machine.

Exacly. I know i sure cant wait to get a visa and pop off to the US to join th war machine.

Not sure if it was duke nukem or cod4, but man Im nothing but a blood thirsty neanderthall these day, feasting on the blood of kittens and smiling at sad lonely puppies.

Damn those games. Damn them all to hell.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Nothing like a good argument. Yes FPS game do get kids into war. Yes games do brain wash people and yes games do make them more stupid. But if you are mature enough to know that a video game in 2011 is nothing like real life then you can over come most of the crap. Its competitive fun witch requires the fast reflects and adrenaline you would get when playing a outside sport. So in a way you could argue that football leads to war or really any thing. Like pot causes people to do another drugs. lol.

Your on a computer right? Your a hypocrite your helping pay taxes to a government witch kills millions. You are funding peoples deaths. Personally, I do not buy games, all though I do get them legally so at least I am not giving money to these brain washing company's. How many company's do you give your money to?

Do you shop at grocery store? If I wear you I would look at all those brands cause most of them have cancer causing chemicals. If you buy from those company's you support death. Where do you buy your clothes? Are you sure its not from china? If you live like you tell us to live then you would not be on a computer.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Exacly. I know i sure cant wait to get a visa and pop off to the US to join th war machine.

Not sure if it was duke nukem or cod4, but man Im nothing but a blood thirsty neanderthall these day, feasting on the blood of kittens and smiling at sad lonely puppies.

Damn those games. Damn them all to hell.

Kids and even teens should not be playing these games. It makes them angry, you should see the stupid # they get mad about in games. The only thing you can do is join and help them see peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
but like any divisive sport their will always be anger and disappointment, thats what happens when you create the illusion of two sides
edit on 21-9-2011 by Allis1 because: grammer

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

but like any divisive sport their will always be anger and disappointment, thats what happens when you create the illusion of two sides
edit on 21-9-2011 by Allis1 because: grammer

Their will all so all ways be glory love and team work.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Games with adult content, sure and theyre usually restricted to over a certain age, but I see retarded kids EVERYWHERE and not all of them made from games.

Games have been violent since I can remember, 25 odd years ago in Timezone arcades in the city. What is dumbing down kids IMO is facebook, and the way computers have become an all encompassing babysitter, media center and teacher. Social interaction is an alert in you system tray now.

If we blame games on the current generation of violent delinquents, may as well tell the kids that it's the devils music, that noise on that wireless contraption, and send them to bed without dinner... if we're going to blame things on bad parenting.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Great post, I do agree, however I personally feel more connected to my peers than ever before, I never feel alone because now my friends are just a few key strokes away, and I love the internet, I love having my own personal tutor, I feel it's taught me more about the world than anything I ever learned in a lesson

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Thanks for all these sites!

I imagine my box wont run them though. I tried for Age of Conan?

no dice.

card wont handle it. x700 is just TOOO old.

bout to build an Uber box soon.

For a 100 bucks or so, what do yall suggest for a new card? I'm leaning to a 9800.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Great post, I do agree, however I personally feel more connected to my peers than ever before, I never feel alone because now my friends are just a few key strokes away, and I love the internet, I love having my own personal tutor, I feel it's taught me more about the world than anything I ever learned in a lesson

But nothign beats the real thing.

When youre told face to face by your peers that you're a twat.. well, facebook just makes you feel bad about it.

real life, you can snot the guy who says it

missing that, we're doomed... lol, or maybe I'm the problem hah!

no, dont answer that, it's a rhetorical point of view, I just made it so.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Thanks for all these sites!

I imagine my box wont run them though. I tried for Age of Conan?

no dice.

card wont handle it. x700 is just TOOO old.

bout to build an Uber box soon.

For a 100 bucks or so, what do yall suggest for a new card? I'm leaning to a 9800.

I used to have a 9800, its a grate card. Big jump from your on board graphics. But you can get something better if you buy used. Look on craigslist. Make sure your power supply can handle a new card, and make sure the card works before you buy it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

There is a flip side to that story.
Do thess games create abnormal kids.Or are those 'abnormal' kids play these games,
I think these kids doesnt have a stable home situation.
Dad and mom works 12 hours a day.Put their childeren to day care.
Giving them anything they ask for,because our neighbour does it also.
And afterwards the parents asking him theirself: Did we put monsters to this world?

Money makes the world go round,and its circling so fast they become dizzy,and not seeing the true meaning of life.

edit on 27-11-2011 by mprins998 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join