It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thread in Question...and sensitive subjects on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ok, if anyone knows me, or has seen my profile, can see I’m active on the forums almost daily; that being said, I ran across a thread that was quite a shock to me when I saw it on the Recent Posts list.

I seriously do not remember seeing this thread because if I did, I’m positive I would have posted something to the forum since this type of subject is dear to my mind and would have posted to …

1) either remind me to post for further viewing/reading or
2) make a comment right then

The thread in question is:
Busted!! fake news on Libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

When I first saw this, I was like...What?? ! After clicking on the link, I was even more in shock that it had/has 249 member flags and 718 comments~! How did I miss this?! How could I have NOT seen this on the recent posts or ever NOT remember seeing this thread??

The ONLY place that I’ve seen this thread posted is on the ATS ACTIVITY in the last 30days forum, which is quite odd since it’s not even the 30days old yet (by 3 days), but it’s already on there as if it’s old news. When did it get stuffed in there, 2 weeks ago, 1 week ago??

Granted I'm no webmaster or mod, but I would THINK with 249 Flags, shouldn’t it stay on more than ONE forum besides the preverbal 30days? A topic SO hot, because of the ramifications of it, it doesn’t even get a 30day firehose??

Some different forums that I searched in to see if the forum was even posted there...

Nope! Not even under any of the forums:
• popular topics (last 30days on front page as of 9/21/11 @ 4:27p PST)
The most popular recently (I’m thinking 3 days?) posted topics, ranked by the number of replies.
• Current members pics
• More popular Topics
• Important Topics
• Top Topics Right Now

How can this NOT be a Top Topic Right now??

However it is on Top Members Picks (last 30days on front page)

My questions are: obviously 249 members have seen this thread, however,
• Does any other active members remember seeing this thread in august?
• If so, how long, if you remember, did it stay up on the board in any of the forums I listed above?

ALL I’m posting is what I’m seeing or not seeing, and NOT remembering a thread/subject and questions of how hot & sensitive subjects are posted. This has not bee the first time I've seen this and thus had more a few threads removed/moved that were of sentive nature for unknown reasons by mods with no vaild explantions .. except for you thread has been moved and when it clicked the linked.. got the 404..

So, tell me what's up .. and what say you?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
its funny you have 6 flags no replies..
i remember seeing it..

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
A conspiracy concerning a conspiracy on a conspiracy site. The old triple-whammy.

I thought it was an intriguing thread. You ask some good questions, but I doubt you'll find any satisfying answers...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
i remember seeing it..

Yes, why the flags and not the replies, ATS members like to talk, they like to talk a lot. btw f+s

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

i remember seeing it..

yes.. funny as well..

do you remember seeing it on any of the other forums I listed for more than a week though.. ? especially on Recent Posts listing since the Recent Posts listing posts by what is the most current posting by seconds, and this is the first time I saw it, that I can remember, seeing it posted there.

With 718 replies, it should have been the top topic on the Recent Posts listing for no less than 2 full days.. IMO

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

i remember seeing it..

Yes, why the flags and not the replies, ATS members like to talk, they like to talk a lot. btw f+s

yes.. and as I said it before and i'll say it again ..

This has not bee the first time I've seen this and thus had more a few threads removed/moved that were of sentive nature for unknown reasons by mods with no vaild explantions .. except for you thread has been moved and when it clicked the linked.. got the 404..

do you remember seeing this thread though ?? and it should have stuck out like a sore thumb..
edit on 21-9-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

i remember seeing it..

yes.. funny as well..

do you remember seeing it on any of the other forums I listed for more than a week though.. ? especially on Recent Posts listing since the Recent Posts listing posts by what is the most current posting by seconds, and this is the first time I saw it, that I can remember, seeing it posted there.

With 718 replies, it should have been the top topic on the Recent Posts listing for no less than 2 full days.. IMO

i remember seeing it when it was in the top flagged section on the new topic page.. cant tell you anymore than that. i dont know about the other forums..??

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Im on every day and ive seen it just about every time i refresh my browser on the recents page.....

I think youre just over looking it........

Its been pretty steady on there..........so..........no conspiracy

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
this one is RIGHT NOW . on only

Real time new topics

that's it.. nothing else.. as of 5:46p PST

Shouldn't it be on .. Newest Picks:newest Flags ?? & New-Hot:Active new topics as well ??

hmmmm

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Im on every day and ive seen it just about every time i refresh my browser on the recents page.....

interesting that you are on as much as me and I don't remember it..

how is that ??

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

i remember seeing it..

yes.. and as I said it before and i'll say it again ..

This has not bee the first time I've seen this and thus had more a few threads removed/moved that were of sentive nature for unknown reasons by mods with no vaild explantions .. except for you thread has been moved and when it clicked the linked.. got the 404..

do you remember seeing this thread though ?? and it should have stuck out like a sore thumb..

Yeah i remember it, it stuck out because it was so unusual, a weird topic, i think it was hot yesterday wasnt it? or the day before. I actually didnt read it because ive been busy last couple of days and not had much time.
And yes it weird to have more flags than posts, mmnn. But for a thread to have 700 odd posts and only being in the 30 day history is strange.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
post this to check the time stamp of this post..

I have 2 tabs open.. Recent and this thread..

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

interesting that you are on as much as me and I don't remember it..

how is that ??

that is odd and i have no idea, I havent done anything to my page or modified it in any way so, I couldnt tell ya?

Ive seen it up a lot, check on it every now and then to see whats up with it and thats abou tit

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i also remember seeing this thread in august, thats all i can remember

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I'm questioning of how does the website get updated, where the posts are categorized into what Forums and who ogranzies them ..

Recent posts, seem to be, automatic and are listed by most recent posting using seconds for the filter, not the flags or replies..

I find it extremely odd that for a thread as hot as this..I don't remember seeing it on the recent posts listing AT ALL..

now here's something else to filter out, there are a few types of members that I can think of atm..

Lurking members , which consist of looking and not posting and prolly only check the site for 2 mins..
Members who check and reply to one topics once or twice a week .. time on website, 5 mins..
Members who are active more than 3 days/week for more than 20 mins..
members who are active daily and spend between 1 & 2 hours at a time.. which can and usually consist of multiple posts.
member who are active daily for more than an hour which consists of multiple posts and multiple threads ..

I am of the category of of the members who are active daily and spend between 1 & 2 hours at a time.. which can and usually consist of multiple posts.

this being the case.. how could i have missed this ?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I don't remember seeing it, and i surely would have posted as I have known about
the Libyan Media Fakery virtually since the get-go.
Media Fakery Alert! From The Egypt 'Revolution' All The Way To The Libyan War

I do not find this concealment a surprising move by ATS. 9/11 media fakery threads are
discarded into the hoax bin, regardless of the veracity of the evidence presented.
Excellent ATS contributor Yankee451 was banned recently and he was a major voice
in bringing attendion to the extensive use of video fakery in the 9/11 Hoax.
He has virtually solved 9/11. His below threads are a must read!

911 for Psychos
The Media Are The Enemy

The last thing the perpetrators of these hoaxes want is the topic of media fakery discussed
publically. It would expose the rampant level of incorporation of fakery into false flag events
from 9/11 to 7/7 to Madrid and Bali bombings etc. etc., all the way up to the Tucson and Norway
shooting Hoax rampages.

Oslo and Utoya Faked Attacks

I have criticised ATS before because of their nonsensical stance regarding Media Fakery,
but I guess it makes sense if I look at it from another, not so pleasant point of view (if you know
what I mean). It is also not surprising that the vast majority of 'truthers' will not touch the
whole notion of 9/11 video and victim fakery, preferring to quickly ridicule and brush easily
verifiable evidence aside and away. 9/11 Video Fakery

'The best way to control the opposition, is to be the opposition'.

Extents Of Media Fakery In Modern Times

Are you beginning to see the true levels of treachery and BS that the truth is up against?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

i've seen it and read most of it, it is fairly old.

i didn't post so i have no link.

it was all bs, anyway.

the pics were from different angles and different parts of the city, claiming it was the same spot and time.

therefore the differences means it was faked.

i'm surprised it has so many flags.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

and for you to miss this thread and categorizing you as a daily active member who is logged in for an hour or 2 a day with multiple posts, is definitely quite strange indeed .. !

How is it that you and I have missed this Video? ! Even IF I was away from the 'puter for no more than 4 days, it should still have to be somewhere on the recent posts listing ..

OR on the front page.. SOMEWHERE.......wouldn't it ??

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Komodo

i didn't post so i have no link.

it was all bs, anyway.

the pics were from different angles and different parts of the city, claiming it was the same spot and time.

therefore the differences means it was faked.

i'm surprised it has so many flags.

Fairly old.. hmmm.. it's 4 weeks old.. question is.. when did it stuck in the 30days forrum? I thought, 30 day OLD forums would at LEAST have to be 30days old before being put in there .. wouldn't you think?

surprised because of all the flags on such a BS story .hmmmm.. well.. if you've been on ATS for even 3 months Flags speak the mind of it's members .. and 249 of them thought it was important enough to garner a closer look into the 'BS' story ..

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
here's just an example of what of I see is going on ..

ATS Reality: CoIntelPro, Shills, and Socks: The Definitive Guide,

has 178Flags with 440replies (22pages) Odd .. doesn't even make the 90day ATS Activity;Reviewing the topics that gained the most attention in the past 3 months. List ..

even through the other threads on that Forum have lesser, some much less, with a bit higher relies.. So, what ATS is telling me .. that Flags aren't counted in the over all MOST important but if filter out by the amount of replies..

I would think the amount of FLAGS & REPLIES would stick those in there as well.. I mean.. wouldn't it make better marketing sense for ATS to at least put their own threads that have such high Flags in their own most active forums??

Not even a honorable mention .. ? wow.... ! I'm stumped !!!

but here's another ..
The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread
has 169 flags, 760 pages of replies.. (15,200 replies)

doesn't make the all-time either..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join