It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De Ja Vu from a dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I feel like asking an odd question between the 'dream world' and the 'real world'. I'm not too sure how the brain works in regards to processing dreams (as in how the brain creates scenarios around an object or theme). But i do know an oblivious object can create a dream without knowing.

For example at the end of the day i could go to bed/sleep and dream about pepsi cans (yes, a rather odd dream), somewhere during my day i could have walked past a discarded pepsi can on the road, which would be why i dreamed about it. This is what i have noticed when being able to remember a vivid dream... usually becomes something i did or seen during the previous day, without actually realising it at first. In an oblivious sense.

That may or may not be true, but is my personal understanding.

When i say 'real world' im reffering to physical life, as it is every day. And by 'dream world' i am reffering to random thoughts/images while asleep. I don't want to be seen as someone who has watched 'The Matrix' too many times (it is a great film), i just wanted to make that clear.

Earlier today i witnessed or experienced something which froze me completely (i guess you could call it temporary paralysis) for several seconds. I was completely shocked, because what i was doing at the time, i had literally been here before in a dream about a week earlier. Every detail such as the clock on the wall, the layout of my computer screen, and even the cat led on my bed in a specific way. I could picture the dream like a slideshow flashing before my eyes all in my mind from a pretty boring dream i had, everything was the same.

Nothing special happened during this dream but i remember every part of it, it was as if i was just going about by business, boiling the kettle, making a cup of tea, going upstairs to sit at the computer etc etc. Didn't think much of it when i woke up last week however oddly i remember every part of it like a movie that can be played back.

Everything was perfectly identical as to what i had dreamt about in the previous week, to where i was 'physically'. My heart started beating rather fast when i noticed i was living the random dream i had previously, and i just became confused to the point where i couldn't tell if i was dreaming or awake... i completely zoned-out and the air went "dead", no noise or draft whatsoever... several seconds later i stood up and started looking around in a really puzzled way and felt out of place. Its hard to explain this in words.

The first paragraph i wrote about how an object can influence a dream is quite logical, it makes sense. I cannot get my head around the opposite, the idea that time somehow went backwards or repeated itself in some way from my point of view, but that is what really feels like what happened to me today.

Why have i experienced something before it happened? This probably sounds like a typical De Ja Vu momentto you guys. But i have never felt in this way before, even though i have had De Ja Vu many times before... this was very different and quite scary. The dream i had previously was lingering in my mind for several days in the past week even though it was of no importance.

And by the way i don't take any medication (not even supermarket pain-killers). I don't believe in any "god" or "diety", i say that because it seems alot fo people jump at strange experiences being tied to religion... which i strongly believe is not the case.

Thanks for reading, i hope this post isn't too long or doesn't make me appear as a crazy/mad person.

What is your thoughts on this subject? I would really like to find out what others think/know about this. Has it happened to you and what is your reasoning/explanation for it?
edit on 21-9-2011 by InsideYourMind because: removed a stray smiley/emoticon

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have had similar experiences like that too. I would find myself stopped in my tracks with a heavy sense of de ja vu, but when I would try to tie it to something all I could think of was dreams. Perplexing felling to say the least...

Edit: I also have a lingering odd feeling from having a unusual dream.. in it, I was asleep in my bed and then I woke up, it "felt" weird in my dream (very vivid). I looked around and then physically woke up.... That was a week ago.
edit on 21-9-2011 by HulaMan because: added stuff

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have had a lot of these types of precognitive dream experiences. Here is an abstract I wrote on the topic.

www.youaredreaming.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
YouAreDreaming, your avatar is very ironic. I have been drawing a lot of sacred geometry lately... maybe a couple times a week. Makes me feel better for some reason lol

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Happens all the time for me.....

Deja vu is remembering your dream when you're awake, it may be watching tv, shopping, working etc that triggers that thought/memory. It's really up to the individual if they want to make the effort of remembering there dreams, i suppose in a way a deja vu experience actually can be helpful in remembering your dream if you forget it in the morning. Is there a real significance to this deja vu experience most likey not other than helping those remember your dream.

There is people in this world when they experience deja vu they merely shrugg it off put it down to coincidence (couldn't possibly have dreamn't of something before it happens)

Que Sera, Sera (The Future Is Ares To See)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
I have had a lot of these types of precognitive dream experiences. Here is an abstract I wrote on the topic.

Déjà Rêvé i like that.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Thanks i will have a read through it later on.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This has happened to me lots of times ,you're not alone.

At one point I had a dream I was driven to a gas station and saw some gas price numbers
(Which at the time of me having the dream were different) ,but several weeks after that ,
I experienced the very scenario that my dream had depicted.

My dreams are usually very detailed and I keep a record of my more memorable dreams
by writing and sketching them often times after I wake up.

top topics

join