It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SECRET MARKINGS: Feds Probe Unexplained Markings On Several Southwest Jets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Feds Probe Possible Arabic-Type Markings On Southwest Jets

Federal agencies were working with Southwest Airlines on Thursday to determine who has been vandalizing their aircraft with mysterious markings.

KNX 1070 investigative reporter Charles Feldman has learned that since February, several Southwest jets have been vandalized with mysterious writings that show up on the underbelly of their 737 passenger aircraft.

The writings — which some have interpreted as being either Arabic or Arabic-type symbols — appeared to have been done with a chemical process that reveals the text once an auxiliary power unit is turned on and heats up the outside skin of the aircraft, according to Feldman.

While it remains unclear how many aircraft are involved, the trend has reportedly increased in recent weeks.

Southwest Airlines has ordered its employees not to discuss the matter with the media, Feldman said.

Secret markings that only show up with heat?????

On dozens of planes????

That is a seriously strange story. WTF is that all about?

edit on 21-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Listening to the video report it says "written in soot and dirt". That is a far cry from the chemical assertion written in the source above.

I'm looking for more sources to see the latest....and any photos.

Very odd.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
"written in soot and dirt" , probably just says, WASH ME in arabic.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Maybe.

But the source above says "done with a chemical process that reveals the text once an auxiliary power unit is turned on and heats up the outside skin of the aircraft".

Seems like a lot of trouble for just "wash me".

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Wow..........

So someoen was able to get under the planes and write something on the underbelly that went unnoticed on lord knows how many planes, and for how long......

Sweet.......

Chalk another win up to homeland security.........thank you Napolitano......i feel much safer now......

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I had the same thought.

But they're scanning your bare feet and checkin' the afros.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

They are reporting on Southwest airlines. Why are they only marking them? Also two appear to be conflicting stories about what is being used to mark the planes. Also they said arabic or arabic like writing. They have been investigating this since Feb. and they don't even know what language they are in. All I can say is more wonderful news reporting.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

But you do not understand the damage an 80 year old grandma can do with a bottle of shampoo.

She can come down with dementia during the flight, think she is in the shower, and just as she is about to pull out her shampoo to wash her hair she has an arthritic cramp that causes the shampoo to squirt out of the bottle, across first class, and into the pilot's eyes!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Originally posted by redrose123
Why are they only marking them?

Maybe there are other airlines involved too, but that fact hasn't leaked yet.

What's odd, is there are very few sources for this current story.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That is some fancy chemistry! The feds should be questioning Chemistry teachers in the vicinity

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I don't think they said dirt and soot. I think what they were saying is that the markings were written in an Arabic language variation. I know nothing about Arabic, but it sounded to me like "dirth and sook" or something like that.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

This older source said:

It appears as the markings are written in thick dirt and soot that gathers on the underbelly of the plane and can easily be washed off.

Of course, I read elsewhere that writing on planes in this manner by mechanics and ground crew is a common occurrence. So I hardly think such a thing would spark an 8 month investigation by several federal agencies.

Or maybe it would.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

This sounds like a bugs bunny/roadrunner cartoon I saw once upon a time.
Are they serious?Maybe they should check with "Acme"I hear they make disappearing ink!
Did they find any portable holes under the planes?

edit on 21-9-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This reminds me of the hoax involving graffiti artists breaching security and tagging air force one. Maybe whomever it was was inspired by the video?

Marc Ecko Tags Air Force One

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks for pointing that out.

If it was something put there by ground crew, why would it be in Arabic? And why would they use a chemical that's heat sensitive?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not questioning you. Just a couple of questions that popped into my head.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
you know how if your car is really dusty and someone writes WASH ME in the dust

it's Arabic for WASH ME,okay I don't know ..I got nothin'

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Sounds like graff artists have moved from trains to planes! Forget ALL CITY, these panels are running all air! Clearly some crews demonstrating their capability with hand styles to the sky Gods....graff the planes up!

In all seriousness, that is extremely weird...I want to see pics because the tie between "it looks like some sort of Arabic" and commercial aircraft is going to push the wrong mental buttons with a lot of people....Must..see....pics!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There's....somethingonthewing....some-thing...on th'wing.

(said in a William Shatner voice)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

It's not news reporting. It's propaganda designed to make you afraid of scary foreign people.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
washingtonexaminer.com...

“A lot of the major airlines, including US Air, United, Jet Blue, and Southwest use Third World facilities in China, El Salvador, Mexico, Brazil, the Philippines, and even the Middle East to save money,” Wyeroski told The Examiner. “But the mechanics, who make between $400 and $600 a month, don’t have to speak English or be able to read the maintenance manuals. Just one guy at the facility has to have airframe and powerplant (A&P) certification inspection authorization, and he doesn’t even have to be a U.S. citizen. Meanwhile, about 4,000 experienced mechanics with A&P certification here in the U.S. have lost their jobs.”

Seems they will let any body work on jets. I guess thats why they get paid the big bucks. Outsource everything and if theres a problem ask the US for a bail out or a tax break or just claim terrorism and let Homeland Security take care of it for them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join