It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troy Davis Execution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Has anyone else been following this? I have to say I am a bit perplexed now. At first I didn't think much of the whole thing and figured yea just another bad guy claiming to be innocent. However, an article I read today caught my attention. He apparently requested a Polygraph test today and was denied.

www.reuters.com...

What is the reasoning behind denying a polygraph? That just makes me wonder more if the guy is innocent and they are scared he might prove it. I mean honestly if there is any reasonable doubt of this guilt then someone needs to step in before its to late. Our country is already riddled with far to many executions of innocent people. There is something seriously wrong with this case as far as I can tell and i am beginning to have less and less faith in our justice system.

There was an incident in my state recently where 2 men were convicted of murder after pleading there innocence. They were threatened with the death penalty and apparently plead guilty to avoid it. Then 15 yrs after the case a man confessed to the murder while in prison. So they were set free.

So this poses a question in my mind If accused of murder and they claim they have enough evidence to convict you whether you are guilty or not. Would you plead innocent and risk the death penalty or would you take the plea bargain? If the answer is yes I would fight then good for you. If the answer is no I would plea bargain then you have to ask yourself how often has this happened in our legal system.

Now by the time you read this Mr. Davis will more then likely be dead or close to it. I do not think here is much we can do about his execution, but we can certainly use it as a stepping stone to take a better look at our Justice System and the way it is being used. To ensure that there is no corruption..

Another reference www.innocenceproject.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
to me, two wrongs never make a right and there seems to be some serious doubt about the testimony that helped to convict this man. we're just minutes away now ...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Another tid bit I noticed in the news which I thought was horrible myself. They were discussing the case and they said "Troy Davis a black man accused of killing a white cop" Why is it our media is racially charging this issue? Is it just sensationalism? Or is there an agenda here. This whole case reminds me of something out of the Civil Rights days down in the deep south.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Ongoing discussion here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That will teach me to do a better search

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
A polygraph does not hold up in court. That is most likely why he was denied the test.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The execution has been delayed...I guess thats better then nothing

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Sad day it is. It is reported on the BBC News that Troy Davis is dead.

Death row inmate Troy Davis has been executed in the US state of Georgia for the fatal shooting of policeman Mark MacPhail in 1989.

Davis' death was delayed for hours while the US Supreme Court considered an 11th-hour appeal for clemency.

BBC News

This makes me sick to my stomach.
edit on 21-9-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
An innocent American was murdered by the National Security State with impunity. WHO IS NEXT? Me? You? so we have become a third world banana republic dictatorship then. Federales zip you off the street or out of your bed and you get disappeared?
edit on 21-9-2011 by simone50m because: x

top topics

join