It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to fellow Indigos/ Homo Noeticus, I'm so confused on what to believe, help!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

It's proably not worth arguing with people about this stuff, it's like someone who believes in God they will fight for the believe till the end.

I bet most of the people who believe they are "Indigos" do so because it makes them feel important and different..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I am a volunteer in a school. I work on math with young kids. No matter what you think kids will think of there are kids that are going to surprise you with some interesting incite in how to explain a problem.

A problem that I like is the step building problem. In it you build a step 10 high and count the blocks to see how many it took. One of the important steps here is to see what range of answers you get from a group. People are terrible at counting. Ever count money twice to verify? Yeah, you do it because it's easy to make a mistake. Then the kids have to figure out how many blocks are needed to up 50 steps. It's simple to figure out, but you'd be amazed at all of the different answers you get because of mistakes.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

The idea is for people to realize that Indigo is like religion - it's a self appointed label that is not based on reality.

You see that, but do others?

There are claims of premonitions. If people emailed their premonitions whenever they happened and had someone tally up their success rate they'd see how poor premonitions are. This could be compared against a random premonition generator to see if those that believed in premonitions were any better than a random number generator. For most people it is better to blindly believe than learn the truth.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
I bet most of the people who believe they are "Indigos" do so because it makes them feel important and different..

I don't think that is true at all.

Its just a different belief - - maybe true - - maybe not.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Nobama

The idea is for people to realize that Indigo is like religion - it's a self appointed label that is not based on reality.

It is like a religion.

Its also based on a "story" like religion is.

If you have never had premonitions or other experience - - - then you can't understand. I get that.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It's a belief that you're some kind of indigo kid whose more special than humans, sounds like the perfect bait to hook people with low self esteem or that find life boring with. Have you seen the test you can take to see if you're a indigo? It's full of questions that anyone could relate too..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I am a volunteer in a school. I work on math with young kids. No matter what you think kids will think of there are kids that are going to surprise you with some interesting incite in how to explain a problem.

I wouldn't be surprised by anything a kid did or said.

I'm currently raising my 3 1/2 year old grandson - - who was tested for Autism. They say he seems to be borderline on the spectrum. So how he is raised is very important.

We put him on his own computer when he was 2. He has taught himself to read. So I got him some beginning primers with basic words, but I don't push him. He seems fascinated with learning. He loves to change up the stories - - he thinks its so funny.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Annee

It's a belief that you're some kind of indigo kid whose more special than humans, . . .

Again with the "special".

The mantra of skeptics.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

None...........I use to be a social worker most of my clients were children, and most of them were special needs.......

I think I have a pretty good grasp on how parenting is done...........and what is and what isnt.......

Just sayin, this whole Indigo thing has been a huge excuse IMHO

I dont doubt there are people out there with unique abilities, not at all.........but im not going to sit here and say a large portion of a certain generation are Indigo children because of how they act, if thats the case, then whats the excuse of the FOLLOWING generation who is much WORSE?
edit on 23-9-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If you have never had premonitions or other experience - - - then you can't understand. I get that.

That's has been discussed and is a false claim. You don't need to have these experiences to test them.

1. No person needs to ever travel at relativistic speeds to know what happens.
2. No one needs to catch a disease to cure it
3. No one needs to have an organ transplant to be able to perform the operation
4. No one needs to be a card counter to detect one
5. No one needs to know the underlying issues to time races
6. It is possible to appreciate and understand music without being able to play a musical instrument
etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Annee

None...........I use to be a social worker most of my clients were children, and most of them were special needs.......

I think I have a pretty good grasp on how parenting is done...........and what is and what isnt.......

NO - you don't.

Doesn't matter how much you work with kids - - - it is not the same thing.

Parenting can only be experienced - - by parenting.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Not the mantra of skeptics. It is the mantra of charlatans that propose these issues. Skeptics simply look over the issues and discuss them.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I do not know that I am Indigo as the existence of Indigos can't necessarily be proven by science. I only difine myself by the name by the list of traits Indigos are believed to possess, I happen to share every one. I don't know if I am or not an Indigo, one can only learn through time. Namaste

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

That's has been discussed and is a false claim. You don't need to have these experiences to test them.

Yes - - you need to have these experiences to understand.

Blah blah blah - - - post whatever scientific (whatever) explanation you want.

If you haven't experienced it - - you don't know. It is that simple.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

To claim that experience is the only way is nothing more than a claim you are making. It is your opinion. There are many people that doubt this claim. In fact, I would go so far as saying that the uninformed parent are more likely to be bad parents than someone who is a social worker who has a great experience with a greater diversity of children.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777
reply to post by pepsi78

I do not know that I am Indigo as the existence of Indigos can't necessarily be proven by science. I only difine myself by the name by the list of traits Indigos are believed to possess, I happen to share every one. I don't know if I am or not an Indigo, one can only learn through time. Namaste

Have you read the Terra papers?

If not - - perhaps you should.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Your position is without merit. It sounds like whining to me. You might even call it an appeal to being uneducated.

There is no reason that experience is required. It is just the mantra of a failed story.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

To claim that experience is the only way is nothing more than a claim you are making. It is your opinion. There are many people that doubt this claim. In fact, I would go so far as saying that the uninformed parent are more likely to be bad parents than someone who is a social worker who has a great experience with a greater diversity of children.

Uninformed of what?

There are bad parents - - there are bad social workers.

Does not change the fact - - - parenting can not be understood - - until you are one. NOTHING - - is the same. Observation of parenting is not the same.

You haven't told me how many children you have raised.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Your position is without merit.

Why?

Because you say so?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You think that another hoax is the way to resolve the issue?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join