It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to fellow Indigos/ Homo Noeticus, I'm so confused on what to believe, help!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

Originally posted by SatoriTheory
I have no idea what Indigos are. I'm joining in the hope of learning stuff. Thanks.

It started in the 70s with a well-known sociopath named Nancy Ann Tappe. Right at the top of her website, she claims that she is herself genetically superior, with a rare ability to tap into more parts of her brain than average. People actually subscribe to her garbage! For the life of me, I can't figure it out. She doesn't even try to hide being a scumbag, she wears it like a badge of honor.

You can't judge an entire peoples by a single sociopath. An african american man stoloe my mothers purse once do I believe all black people are bad? no. One of my best friends is black. That guy was just one scumbag, he doesn't define everyone around him.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

Good point, thank you for the insight

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777
Can anyone provide some answers please? I learned I was an Indigo a little less than a year ago and since then I have been frantically searching for answers, on top of trying desperately to decide what to believe. My beliefs are pretty open I'll accept almost anything as a possibility. Unfortunately anything I find to be conclusive is always bashed by someone who is out to disprove everything, lots of times here on ATS still no solid leads. Recently I found some videos, articles, etc. etc. that put everything into an interesting perspective. Much of it talked about Indigos and our purpose in 2012, an ascension in conciousness, male female energy, human history, humanities inpending evolution, and Indigos having a Triple Helix DNA instead of a Double Helix. Much of it makes sense but I still have immense doubts, I thirst to know more but i'm halted by my own handicaps I try astral projection and meditation buts its near impossible for me being that I have add I can't just quiet my mind at will, I can't even quiet it at all. I'm lost and frustrated, I've always felt different from everyone else, i've always felt like a freak, yet i've always felt like a had a certain purpose in life. I want to believe but without solid concrete evidence in my face its hard to, I want to believe that Indigos are real and that i'm not just crazy but my doubt in myself and in my findings has thrown me into a depression. I have no idea what to belive or think, one person may say i'm not crazy and explain things but then someone else always says that that person is crazy and i'm just a narcissistic brat who thinks i'm better. Can anyone prove anything or is it all just beliefs, ugh I don't even know what to do next everything just sounds so farfetched. Can any fellow Indigos validate anything? Or, am I just losing my mind? I found a video series on youtube called spirit science, and the guy on there makes alot of sense but than goes of to quote things from people who just sound like crazy cons, like people who claim to channel with gods but can't deliver even a grain of evidence to validate their claims. If people are just going to make crap up, then how can we validate anything?! This is the main source of my frustration, I doubt I'll find any answers soon so maybe I'll just give up and accept myself as having no purpose here. Can anyone point me in the right direction, does somebody have some sort of irrefutable proof somewhere. Maybe I can have my DNA examined maybe that'd validate something, I'm sorry for ranting, can anyone help? Your time is much apreciated.

Not to rain on your parade but the phrase Indigo children is a huge misnomer. Also the only child born with 3 strands of DNA is a toddler in UK and he is severely disabled and blind. No documentation of a child born with a triple helix has ever been produced. This one child in the UK in particular has a third arm on it's chromosome. I guarantee you don't have extra DNA helix, otherwise you would be retarded quite severely. There is a possibility of having all the "junk" DNA reactivated, if that is what you really mean.

Alfie Clamp

In esoteric terms Indigo is referred to when your 3rd eye is opened. Mine is open, I was born with it OPEN but I do not refer to myself as an Indigo child. I'm 38, bit too old now but I'm completely open. I know because when I meditate I see Indigo and white lights.
edit on 22-9-2011 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

The first thing I want to know is where you are going to find a lab that has a triple helix test? Seriously. No living organism have anything other than a double helix. You need to go back and look up Watson and Crick and see how they decided that DNA was a double helix. Then you can laugh at the triple helix claim.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So now you have imagined something so how do you go about testing this imagined idea?

You claim everything is energy. What about matter? Can you show that matter is energy. That is not the same as showing conversion to energy.

You claim energy has consciousness. Does the electric power plant has consciousness? Does a campfire have consciousness? Does a falling rock have consciousness?

And what do you mean that there are energy frequencies/vibrations? Can you provide an example of a campfire crossing over to another consciousness? Can you provide an example of an internal combustion engine crossing over to another consciousness?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Try this. All that is - is energy. Thought is energy consciousness creating. If you think an event will happen in 2012 - perhaps you are actually creating it - - - while another person may be creating a world where there is no event.

In its latest reincarnation its the Harry Potter idea. I remember friends of mine thinking that Carlos Castenada had it that if you think it, it becomes reality. The easy button does not exist. Thinking it does not make it so. I recall a gang of drug lords that told their people that chopping out human backbones would lead them to superhuman powers. They fell for it. When the police finally caught them and handcuffed them the killers thought that they could walk away. They believed right up until they were executed.

It's amazing how people can delude themselves.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
Can someone Scientifically explain the triple helix madness and feel free to take a test sample of those claiming to be indigo children and show me (actually show me) the tripple helix.

I dont fully understand how people can beleave they are the next step in human evolution (that essentially an indigo child would be)

Actually the Indigos pave the way for the Crystals who are more sensitive than we are...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Annee

I was born having "experiences" - - - you don't have them - - - end of story.

How sad that you have such a terrible understanding of the world.

I am not as gullible as other people that subscribe to hoaxes such as Indigo.

But you are foolish enough to continue posting in a thread addressed to INDIGOS, which
you clearly are not of your own admission!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I found the " Indigo Test" and took it after looking it over. This test describes half the people on the planet. Please don't waste your time on this junk. I know there are many who will say that there is something to all this Indigo hype, but what has changed since you discovered you have these traits? Anything? Or are you still the same you, just with some silly label? You are you, a new age name won't change that.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
We are only Indigos to the same degree we're "Goth" or "American" or a "Jock"...
We're only looking for "roots" much like adopted children still want to meet their
biological parents, and how people describe the races they're comprised of...
or their astrological sign or Kiersey Temperament type!!
And NONE of these designations are superior or inferior to another!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I found the " Indigo Test" and took it after looking it over. This test describes half the people on the planet. Please don't waste your time on this junk. I know there are many who will say that there is something to all this Indigo hype, but what has changed since you discovered you have these traits? Anything? Or are you still the same you, just with some silly label? You are you, a new age name won't change that.

My experiences began - at least from my earliest memories. I was born in 1946.

Should I now deny those experiences - - - because now there is a general test and a label? Which you have decided is junk?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

matter has potential energy and kinetic energy in physics....I like to think of matter as a form of stored energy....I wouldn't say matter is energy but it might as well be.
edit on 22-9-2011 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyDawn
We are only Indigos to the same degree we're "Goth" or "American" or a "Jock"...
We're only looking for "roots" much like adopted children still want to meet their
biological parents, and how people describe the races they're comprised of...
or their astrological sign or Kiersey Temperament type!!
And NONE of these designations are superior or inferior to another!!

Thank You!

Indigo is an energy color. That's really all it is.

Its a reference to a possible different level/vibration (whatever) - - - that might interact or connect in someway with another level of consciousness.

It has nothing to do with superior or inferior. Just maybe different.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

How would you know if I am an Indigo or not? Oh that's right it's a made up story and if you buy a tee shirt that says 'Go Indigo" you can transfer into this fake club.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

We're only looking for "roots" much like ...

So you don't buy into the whole Tappe thing and all of the fakery about special powers?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hey Stereo...I'm not trying to bash you man but you seem extremely close minded....Not that I believe in this indigo thing 100% either but at the very least you can admit that perhaps there is something happening to humanity that could potentially be evolutionary that science may not be able to yet prove. Even with modern technology there are many things that science has yet to determine for one reason or another. All I'm saying is maybe there is potential for something similar to the indigo thing happening to people even if it isn't exactly that and science has just yet to catch up. You don't have to agree with the indigo thing but surely you can see the rationality behind what I'm saying.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I wouldn't know if you considered yourself Indigo unless you said so! I'm more a Healer than a Telepath...
but if you were an Indigo I might feel an easy unspoken acknowledgement and closeness to you as
I have others!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777
reply to post by centrifugal

1. Every Indigo character trait applies to my personality, could just be coincidence.

2. I actually have considered that, in fact until 2 years ago I refused to believe or even consider any "new age" stuff, then things changed. However much "Indigo Science" (not a real term) has many good points and many things make sense but just as anything else it has a few farfetched ideas. It's really just a dodgeball tournament of ideas, similar to christianity vs. atheism. Both sides have good points but whos to say either is wrong?

3. I've also considered that, something may or may not happen. As Y2K it may jsut be a bunch of paranoid people making stuff up, however a some (very few) share some very good key points some even have visual evidence and science to back their claims, and then you have people who make up stuff and say the penutbutter jally monster will eat us all. Something may or may not happen, we'll jsut have to see.

1. They all apply to me too. In fact I have ADHD as well, and people have told me many times that ADHD people are supposed to have heightened psychic abilities and other nonsense, very similar to the Indigo concept. But then thats all it really is... a concept. Someone put their thoughts in a book and now thousands of people are drinking the coolaid.

2. Out of curiosity are Indigos creationists or athiests? If Indigos are an evolution of humans than that would favour atheism would it not? But then Indigos are also supposed to be here for a purpose.... So now we have a divine plan mixed with evolution. Now if there is a divine plan who is the diety? Or has that chapter not been written yet? Anyway these are just some things to think about.

3. Some people get excited about the end of the world because they think it would be awesome or like some kind of fantasy video game. When really if any of the popular 2012 theories ever came true it would cause a level of suffering no one on earth could comprehend.

All that being said I obviously can't say for certain whether or not some doomsday scenario will occur in 2012. All theories I have seen to date have been low on facts, or have been debunked. Now just reading through the responses no one has been able to provide evidence of Indigos existing. If they have supernatural abilities why don't we have measurable proof.

It all comes back to the circular argument, they can't prove it's true so they rebuttal by saying I can't prove it's not true. Is that really the type of reasoning you would expect from a superior evolution of man?

Anyway like most topics on ATS it is controversial so you will need to use your own reasoning to decide for yourself.
edit on 22-9-2011 by centrifugal because: typo

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

Some people think that open minded is being acceptable to anything including gibberish. People that can separate the nonsense from the plausible are not close minded.

I don't need to admit that something is happening when there is no evidence for it other than weird claims by Tappe who provided no evidence that they could read auras as claimed.

A good example of new understanding is the discovery of radioactivity by Bequerel. There was already a notion in science that certain types of events were not explainable. After 1896 when radiation was discovered there was a rapid change in parts of science that related to these types of effects. There is nothing at all suggesting that humanity s evolving or changing. There is no evidence for Indigos or the claims of the triple helix or special powers.

Earlier someone mentioned the Earth and roundness. If you stay in the same place all of the time there is little to suggest that the world is not flat. In fact, the Earth is flat for many practical purposes. The change in thinking came when people began to travel. As they did they noticed that the flat Earth predictions did not work.

SO what is there that suggests that Indigo is real? So far nothing.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Annee

I'm sorry that there is zero evidence for Indigos. Do you have any - any at all? I'd like to see it if it exists.

And there is no dis-proof either.

Oh PUH-LEEZE.

Yesterday, I saw a dinosaur on the road. I don't really have a proof, but look -- you surely don't have any "dis-proof". Voilia -- dinosaurs exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join