It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to fellow Indigos/ Homo Noeticus, I'm so confused on what to believe, help!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'm sorry that there is zero evidence for Indigos. Do you have any - any at all? I'd like to see it if it exists.

Alas, we are left with the claims of Tappe who created this hooey. We are also left with the other stuff that has been heaped onto the story made up by Tappe.

Why should the rules of religious threads apply here? This is the 2012 forum and not the gray zone or the hoax forum. This is about a person asking about Indigos because they are finding that the tall tales made up about this subject are false.

This is a person that is smart enough to see through the hoaxes they encounter. That's a big plus and I admire people that can do this.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Annee

I'm sorry that there is zero evidence for Indigos. Do you have any - any at all? I'd like to see it if it exists.

And there is no dis-proof either.

There is proof in Aura photography of blue indigo Auras.

I do believe one who is skeptical - - - can approach a questionable subject with some sense of respect for an OP searching to understand.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
First, please ignore Stereo - he's a troll - does this on all the threads. Don't even respond it's a waste of time.

2nd - Please share with us how you came to learn you are Indigo?

3rd - There are many good videos on you tube if you just search Indigo Children. Here is one that might offer you a little insight.

What traits do you have that you feel like you are Indigo?

We would love to hear more of your story.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Of course there is proof against these claims.
1. No one has ever demonstrated any special powers in a controlled experiment.
2. No organisms have ever shown a triple helix

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

The old fingers and in ear and screaming la-la-la is the typical response from those that deep inside know they have been conned and are fearful of admitting their mistake.

According to Tappe over 90% of people born now are Indigo.

It's evident that this is nothing more than a scam designed to bring money to Tappe. Who wants to be labeled an Indigo when you can be labeled a Crystal?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Step 1 Find people that don't fit in and feel different.

Step 2 Tell them they ARE different, and are more powerful/'better' than the people who 'conform'

Step 3 Sell them books

Step 4 ???

Step 5 Profit!

So much easier for a parent or person to say I'm an Indigo and I'm just extra special than I have a mental issue. None of this stuff has ever been proven, none of this stuff makes any sense. The narrator said that Indigo children have been here for a long time. Oh really? For as long as the money making hoax has been going on or longer?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Do you mean Kirlian photography being claimed to represent some sort of aura?

If there were some sort of energy field then devices much more sensitive than the human eye should be able to detect the fields, but they don't. In fact, we should be able to detect that the eye is seeing the aura, but that isn't detected either.

Aura readers have been tested. They have tested in situations in which they agreed was a good test. They flopped. They did worse than a flip of a coin.

This is like n-rays where delude themselves into believing that they see something that is not there.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
First, please ignore Stereo - he's a troll - does this on all the threads. Don't even respond it's a waste of time.

3rd - There are many good videos on you tube if you just search Indigo Children. Here is one that might offer you a little insight.

Stereo was giving the guy constructive criticism, to be honest it was actually more of a compliment.

Instead you would rather perpetuate a delusion, which isn't going to be helping the guy.

But yes I hope he comes back to tell us why he thinks he is Indigo...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by centrifugal

Thank you for the kind observation.

I think this person is doing a great job at trying to understand the world. It's not an easy thing to do. There are all sorts of hardships such as taking the time to learn and trying to help other people out and avoiding being taken by snake oil salesmen.

People often want to censor others. Deep inside there are book burners that do not reality to spoil the delusion they have sold themselves.

I remember my dad buying me a copy of Worlds in Collision. I read it. I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Then my dad started asking me questions about what I had read. I answered with all of the nonsense claims from the book. He asked me to independently verify some of the issues. That was when I started to realize that there was something wrong. I didn't know what, but there was something wrong. It took a while and I learned through that exercise that you need to question nearly everything that comes your way. Begin with the easier tasks, the things that can be checked. Then move onto the harder stuff after the easy stuff checks out.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Stereo was giving the guy constructive criticism, to be honest it was actually more of a compliment.

No it wasn't.

You think that - because you agree with what he said.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
To the OP:

I have also been told I am an Indigo, but it was by some new-age types who were possibly mislead themselves and/or trying to make money off wounded people. That said, they may have also been right. I don't know, I can't decide. At the end of the day, its a label like anything else.

I think whatever the case, there are a lot of false claims out there. Personally as others have said, I can't buy the whole thing about being superior to other people. IMO if anything, then "Indigos" are people who for whatever reason are more resistant to the conditioning/indoctrination that everyone is subject to. They are more in tune with nature/spirit than other people. That doesn't mean they are better, just slightly different. The real point is that this is the next step of human evolution and that everyone can attain it - and that Indigos are here to guide the other people towards this next step.

From what I understand, you don't need to do anything special, you just need to find yourself and actually start LIVING, instead of living in fear. Then, your natural energies will shine through and influence other people to be the same. Eventually, with enough people moving in that direction it will cause an overall shift in the human population and direction of our evolution as a species.

I see it like this: Everyone is born with an innate connection to All That Is/God/Spirit/Nature/Whatever you want to call it. However, we are taught from a young age that this connection does not exist. We are taught to ignore it. So as we grow out of our early childhood, we suppress this knowledge and any abilities that come along with it. This happens to everyone, however "Indigos" as I mentioned before, are just people who are more resistant to this process. Instead of going with the flow of the indoctrination, we remember where we came from. Something inside of us - all of us, not just Indigos - screams out for us to pay attention to it. Indigos "hear" this more than other people. It causes us pain that we have forgotten. We long to return "home" - to re-establish that connection to All That Is. Do you feel this yearning to go home? I do. So we are not content to swallow the official line on how we are supposed to live. We feel as though living like this is just "going through the motions". It constantly feels as though something is missing, as though there should be more to life.

Now as far as 100% proof? No, there can never be. Not in the world we live in. Because science has shut itself off to anything and everything that is subjective and will not/can not accept it as proof. Since Science is now the prevailing school of thought and a big part of our indoctrination, you get people like are in this thread whho will denounce anything subjective like spirit, Auras, indigos and so on. They may be right, but they may be wrong. Therefore, you have to learn to trust your own intuition. You need to reconnect to your own intuition and then you can decide for yourself what to believe.

This is hard. I can relate to the pain you are experiencing as I experience similar pain as well. Constant confusion as to why I am here, where I am going and what is the purpose. That is normal for everyone, but there is a different dimension to it for Indigos. Not better, different. Everyone has their own struggles in life - that's why we're here.

Contrary to popular belief, seeing is not believing but rather believing is seeing. You create your own reality through your own beliefs. So if you believe its impossible, it is impossible. If you believe anything is possible, then you open up your reality to more possibilities.

It is a test of FAITH. Faith in yourself and your connection to the All. This is something that I am struggling with at the moment. You must choose wether to believe in the cold, dead world of science or to follow your intuition back to the source of life. Therein lies the answers. I can't give you the answers because I still have not found my own and even then, they would not be relevant for you.

As for channeling - I tried it for a while. But I asked my guide to tell me something that I didn't already know and they never did. Part of me accepts this as proof that there is nothing in it, but on the other hand if your guide is your higher self/part of you, then there's no way they could know anything you don't. Its a tricky subject and one that you have to decide on for yourself.

I will leave you with something I got while channelling one day. My "guide" calls itself "Chiron" which has personal significance for me as well as ties into the whole idea of Indigos. I am still undecided wether or not there is anything to it, but I still think this is a powerful message:

"You can slaughter the lamb with the Razor of Occam, or you can drink from the Cup of Dionysus".

Perhaps you will see the meaning in that quote and how it relates to my post
Good luck and feel free to ask more questions!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologistI'm sorry that there is zero evidence for Indigos. Do you have any - any at all? I'd like to see it if it exists.

This is what I'm talking about. Honestly, what evidence could you possibly produce that Science would accept? There is nothing.

People expect the proof to come from outside themselves. That some scientist somewhere will produce a paper about it and all their colleagues will agree. Only then will science accept it as proof.

But this is impossible, because Science is built from the ground up to discount subjective evidence. Even though everything is subjective, we have been taught to believe that there is an objective reality all around us and that proof can come from outside of us.

But as I said - Believing is seeing, not the other way round. Proof can only come from within you and the trick with this is to hone and test your intuition so that you know you aren't just making stuff up in your head. It is probably the hardest challenge I have faced so far - deciding what is "real" and what is fantasy. Its an interesting journey to say the least

But hey, I could be completely wrong and the world really is a cold, dead, rock with random molecules bumping into each other, the sum meaning of which is exactly 0. I choose not to believe this though.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Stop worrying about labels and what others tell you. Follow your intuition and what makes sense. If something doesn't make sense put it on the shelf and come back to it later. Stop thinking your any better then anyone else that's what labels do. Enjoy life live love laugh have some adventure etc.

Explore those avenues that hold your attention and don't worry about finding your purpose it will come to you when you are ready and on one of those avenues. Don't try and rush it etc. Quieting the mind in meditation can take years of practice. The astral plane is the plane of illusion it is a dream world its not real so don't worry about it. Use reason and logic. The first test of truth is: DOES IT MAKE SENSE! If it does not there is a good chance its BS.

Most of all enjoy life to the best of your ability. Spend time with family friends and loved ones. Its not the destination it is the journey that is the point of our existence along with having joy.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Please explain yourself. Stop whining because you think that Indigos are real and that triple helix DNA exists and aura readers actual can do what they claim.

Use the process described in the OP and test these wild tales and see if they actually work out. Testing shows the failure of all of these claims.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

Cecilofs I like your post,but I do want to make a slight adjustment to what you wrote.

Now as far as 100% proof? No, there can never be. Not in the world we live in. Because science has shut itself off to anything and everything that is subjective and will not/can not accept it as proof. Since Science is now the prevailing school of thought and a big part of our indoctrination, you get people like are in this thread whho will denounce anything subjective like spirit, Auras, indigos and so on. They may be right, but they may be wrong.

I personally do not accept the subjective as evidence, not necessarily proof, because there are too many examples of mistakes people have made. The story of N-rays and mesmerism are cases where people have deluded themselves into believing things were true when they were not.

What about a medical researcher that so believes in medical procedure because they have this mistaken intuition that they injure people. It happens. Real world examples of mistakes people make using their intuition are:
1. Sportscasters talking about hang time
2. Being thrown clear of an accident
3. Gambling
4. Thinking that a falling object cannot move faster than gravity allows

The subjective issues are important in the arts. Dance, painting, music, etc. Here the issue is the ability to make contact with the subjective influences. We should all know from this that the subjective experience is different for different people. It does not change the art. It's still the same music, the same movie, the same drawing, but it has different subjective values to different people. And that is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

This is what I'm talking about. Honestly, what evidence could you possibly produce that Science would accept? There is nothing.

So you are saying that the claims such as a triple helix are false? You are saying that the claims of special abilities are false? I don't disagree. What you are saying in effect is that there is nothing tangible that distinguishes an Indigo from a non-Indigo. That is exactly my point. There is no difference.

Also, I did not ask for proof. I asked for evidence. These are very different.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Indigo children aren't real. It is the exact same science/psychology behind cold reading.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs
I see it like this: Everyone is born with an innate connection to All That Is/God/Spirit/Nature/Whatever you want to call it. However, we are taught from a young age that this connection does not exist. We are taught to ignore it. So as we grow out of our early childhood, we suppress this knowledge and any abilities that come along with it. This happens to everyone, however "Indigos" as I mentioned before, are just people who are more resistant to this process. Instead of going with the flow of the indoctrination, we remember where we came from. Something inside of us - all of us, not just Indigos - screams out for us to pay attention to it. Indigos "hear" this more than other people. It causes us pain that we have forgotten. We long to return "home" - to re-establish that connection to All That Is. Do you feel this yearning to go home? I do. So we are not content to swallow the official line on how we are supposed to live. We feel as though living like this is just "going through the motions". It constantly feels as though something is missing, as though there should be more to life.

I like this part.

From my earliest memories I had OBEs and always felt like I got dropped off on the wrong planet.

The #1 message my guides drill into my brain is: "Beware of False Prophets". They say to only listen to them for guidance. I interpret that as: Trust in Yourself.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A blind person does not understand color - - - because they have never experienced it.

A musical person can not understand a person who is tone deaf and vice versa.

Experience is only understood by those who have the experience.

I am grateful for the experiences I've had - - - and feel sad that not everyone has them.

Skeptics can wallow in their lack of experience till doomsday.

It doesn't take away from the wonderful experiences I've had.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Annee

Please explain yourself. Stop whining because you think that Indigos are real and that triple helix DNA exists and aura readers actual can do what they claim.

Use the process described in the OP and test these wild tales and see if they actually work out. Testing shows the failure of all of these claims.

I don't care about the helix DNA.

I'm not going to use any process.

I was born having "experiences" - - - you don't have them - - - end of story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join