It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could have an ATSTube?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I don't know if this is exactly the best spot for this question, but I'm curious if anybody else thinks that it would be neat for ATS to make an upload space for videos from personal users.

This way, we don't have to worry about Youtube rigging views and erroneously deleting accounts so much.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No, not at all....well, let me rephrase that.

Only for videos that youtube insists on dropping that doesn't clash with the rules here.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm all for Youtube still. Emails and Youtube accounts are a dime a dozen. I don't see uploads for video being a possibility anytime soon.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If YouTube ever went down, (due to some cyber catastrophe) it would certainly pay to have another site hosting videos on a scale YT does.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Dailymotion
Google video
Yahoo video
Metacafe
CnetTV
Veoh
Flickr

There are hundreds of sites like Youtube. So no, nothing needs to be done.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
we had video uploads available to our members for a while. Not 100% sure why we took away the feature.

for the record, I have always referred to the media upload section of the site as tintube.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
we had video uploads available to our members for a while. Not 100% sure why we took away the feature.

Just kinda ball parking it here: server size? Videos do take up a lot of space.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

no, it was something else. whatever it was, it was something that can, in the future, be brought back if we find a work around.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Good to know the feature can be brought back. Didn't there use to be a place to upload soundbytes? Like a song or something? Maybe my memory is lying to me. I honestly should start checking out the media portion of ATS

new topics

top topics

join