It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a REM?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A fan? Sure.
Am I losing my religion? Not at all.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
for me the great band that was REM went away a long time ago. some incredible stuff for sure and vastly important to me during my teenage years.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Love this song, since I was a child. I know its name is 'losing my religion' but it sounds more like is about losing a female. ..

Random: if you have ever seen the movie Dangerous Minds, the actor who played Emilio is in the music video for this song.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I am a fan of REM.

Tidbit of information, the song "Losing my Religion", has NOTHING to do with Religion. In the south "losing my religion" is equal to saying "I'm losing my cool"

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Very good band for sure, somewhat a voice of a nation at times. I just read today they are splitting up, after deciding mutually it was best after 31 years.
www.foxnews.com...

Peace,
spec
edit on 21-9-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I can remember when 96 Rock in Atlanta first played "Radio Free Europe" as a track from a local band's new album (Athens is fairly close to Atlanta). I wasn't old enough to be in college, but in just finishing the middle school years, the music was unlike anything we had heard before. As weird as it sounds, the early music feels like Athens and the rural areas surrounding Athens (if you had ever been there back in the 80s, you know what I mean). I hated to see them become staples and political spokesmen on MTV. While I eventually got into the metal, I always appreciated their early stuff. They always were a great group when it is just about the music. E'nuff said....

new topics

top topics

join