It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RebelRouser

now wheres your's on the dna linking man to ape? besides "its similar". cause ill show you mine being almost like my dog's. i provided u with evidence.i said i tested it

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RebelRouser

Originally posted by MrXYZ

reply to post by MrXYZ

100,573,245- check it. prove me wrong

the reason why evolutionists get away with what they can^ is just like this
edit on 23-11-2011 by RebelRouser because: (no reason given)

Present evidence that this number is correct. If you can't, your answer simply isn't scientific.

Thanks for proving my point

years of flied tests and 20 recounts

Then present the raw data. Otherwise you're just claiming stuff. I could just as well claim pink unicorns exist because I counted them in Papua New Guinea. Without providing objective evidence, I'm just making random claims...like you are.

And THAT's why scientific method is so important. It weeds out the crazy nutjob claims

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Everything I qouted that Evolution claims came from the Evolution wikipeadia page. How can you claim Evolution does not state these things when that is exactly where the quotes come from.

I will not present the evidence of the global flood, because of the haughty attitiude of the individual wanting to know. Truth is not owed to you and God does not give truth to those of a pride filled mind (not humble).

I have studied evolution thoroghly and if you think I am claiming something incorrect about what Evolution states then it is your research that needs some work.

Again the OP was asking to proove Evolution false. That has been done in my posting using the Theory of Evolution and the Law of Biogenesis. If you would like to discuss this proof further then fine. But I will not get pulled into an argument from someone who is not seeking truth but rather seeking to find fault in it.

God Bless,
edit on 23-11-2011 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Actually, and this is not your fault. My original title was show the diversity we see today without refering to evolution. The Mods made a very bad title change and a circular argument about evolution being right or wrong was the last thing I wanted.

Again you are not in error and I dont expect you to have toiled through 80+ pages where no one has attempted the OP.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by RebelRouser

now wheres your's on the dna linking man to ape? besides "its similar". cause ill show you mine being almost like my dog's. i provided u with evidence.i said i tested it

Why do I even bother reposting links if you never read them anyway?

LINK 1
LINK 2
LINK 3
LINK 4

Thanks to the discovery of DNA, it is now possible for scientists to identify not just the genes, but the individual bases. Before the discovery of DNA, scientists could only uncover the evolutionary tree of life by comparing the bodies and cells of different species. Now they can compare their genetic codes, working their way down to the deepest branches of life dating back billions of years.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
reply to post by MrXYZ

Everything I qouted that Evolution claims came from the Evolution wikipeadia page. How can you claim Evolution does not state these things when that is exactly where the quotes come from.

I will not present the evidence of the global flood, because of the haughty attitiude of the individual wanting to know. Truth is not owed to you and God does not give truth to those of a pride filled mind (not humble).

I have studied evolution thoroghly and if you think I am claiming something incorrect about what Evolution states then it is your research that needs some work.

Again the OP was asking to proove Evolution false. That has been done in my posting using the Theory of Evolution and the Law of Biogenesis. If you would like to discuss this proof further then fine. But I will not get pulled into an argument from someone who is not seeking truth but rather seeking to find fault in it.

God Bless,

So you have evidence of a global flood but are "hiding it"?

Riiiiight

You clearly haven't studied the theory, because every single point you made was debunked. You are basically preaching

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

anthro.palomar.edu...
How Do We Know That Evolution Has Occurred?

The evidence for evolution has primarily come from four sources:

1. the fossil record of change in earlier species-
its called diversity- its why we aren't identical cutout looking
the same. show me the missing link fossils and we'll have something to discuss

2. the chemical and anatomical similarities of related life forms-
yea its called barly scratching the surface. look at how an muscle works. its so complicated these genius's cant even comprehend how to begin copying that

3. the geographic distribution of related species-
where else are they gonna go? space? ever seen how a dandelion woks? it just felt a breeze on it for years and years and knew its seeds had to produce seeds that could take flight in wind right? evolution is gods way of waking life work. for some reason man likes to give the credit to nature just being so smart. take something like a camel. scince would say that it had to travel long journeys with little water so it just adapted. wtf happend with these ancient men that traveld miles and miles? wheres our water sacks today? and if you say "thats why we were smart enough to make containers" its gonna be the stupidest thing ive ever heard. again evolution picking and choosing what it wants to make better on what species based on.. what? morals or just because?

4. the recorded genetic changes in living organisms over many generations-
but i dont see any crazy changes in any animals that have been here forever. evolutions on vacation for these last say 11,565 years and the best change you get out of them is the size? now im convinced... im also convinced that u will never see what i see, and ill never see what you see, and at some point i just have to accept u think we were apes and you have to accept i believe in man has always been just man.
edit on 23-11-2011 by RebelRouser because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Nov 23 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by ElohimJD
reply to post by MrXYZ

God Bless,

So you have evidence of a global flood but are "hiding it"?

Riiiiight

You clearly haven't studied the theory, because every single point you made was debunked. You are basically preaching

This reaction is exactly what I meant when I said you do no thave the right attitude for truth.

Every point I made about what evolution teaches used Evolution's own page to point out. What part of "everything I quoted comes from Evolution's page" do you fail to grasp? If you say what I claimed evolution teaches has been de-bunked then you are saying Evolution has been debunked.

Please read what was written.

I do not preach. I obey God. I have said from my innitial posting that you are free to do as you like which, if coming from a preacher, would make for a very bad preacher.

your mind is not yet ready for the evidence you seek, because you lack any semblance of humilty.

After all according to your mind...

You are right, and God is wrong.

Remember what I said was the most important lesson to learn in life?... when you learn this lesson, you will be ready for God's truth, until then you are free to choose to believe in your version of history and life. That is the purpose for the majority of mankind in this age. That lesson will be learned in God's time, if not in this age then in the age to come.

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by Barcs

And how does your answer explain that you know none of it happened?

No need to wait for it, the bible has been out for a few years now.

I haven't ever claimed that none of it happened. I claimed there is no evidence to prove any of it.

No I comprehend it, its just that the changes needed would require stages, which would require some time. Now if you believe otherwise, the changes would be to fast and to severe and cause the species to die out.

Yes, that is why evolution takes millions of years. Do you realize how long that is?

Ignoring what I present does not mean I haven't presented anything plausible. I'm not ignoring evidence, I'm ignoring theory.

SCIENTIFIC theory, backed by scientific evidence. You haven't presented any objective evidence to suggest evolution is wrong, or that intervention is correct.

Well we could in fact be related to him, as much as its also possible he isn't from earth either. There is no evidence however that we completely originated from his species. This is why you guys are so gullible. Do you realize that the events that needed to take place to connect us to primates, could just as much connect us to anything else?

So the fossilized remains of homo habilis and other hominids from the past few million years clearly demonstrating the slow changes toward what we are today don't count as evidence? Why are you so afraid to accept scientific data as the fact that it is? We are connected to everything else on this planet. There is no denying we originated here, intervention or not, without making tons of wild assumptions.

Well science has only been blind to this because there are still a vast majority that refuses to believe in the supernatural. 5 million species are working against your theory because you claim we have found fossils, yet we see no other life that has evolved, or is in the stages of evolution. You have to be so naive to believe this stuff.
Your talking about major differences in evolution when science says there are acceptable differences within reason.

I don't understand what you are saying. 5 million species alive on earth today is evidence TOWARDS evolution. The fact that 99% of all species to ever live are extinct is evidence TOWARD evolution. What do you mean we see that no other life has evolved? We see that all other life has evolved. It's not a guess, it can be observed TODAY. It has nothing to do with people believing in the supernatural. There is no objective evidence that suggests anything supernatural, so it's not a part of science. Maybe one day, it will be.

No I haven't ignored it, I have made it clear that small changes are acceptable, and large ones would cause the species to die out. So I go back to saying that it would take trillions of years. It's not that your thinking outside the box here, its more like your thinking outside the building.

There is no such thing as large changes in evolution. There are tons of small ones that add up slowly over time. You see big change because you are only looking at beginning and the end results. Macroevolution is nothing more than microevolution on a long term scale.

I think this excuse is about as lame as why we have no proof of aliens. We do have proof but people turn their heads. I'm sorry why you think we need to pretend fossilication is needed to locate these bones when we seem to be able to find dinasour bones and they are much older.

it's not a lame excuse, it is the truth. Read up about the circumstances involved in fossilization. We do not find dinosaur bones. We find fossils. Dinosaurs ruled the earth for 100 million + years. Of course we're going to find more fossils for them, then we would for a genus that has only been on the earth for some 5 million years. I do believe in aliens, but there isn't really much objective proof.

Not fossils of transisition we dont. It would simply be another species.

en.wikipedia.org...
Did you miss this the first time it was posted?

The evidence fits, regardless of how you personally interpret it.

Well I had to throw in my two cents on this because I don't believe in faith. I do however believe God was a person at one time many years ago, and passed on just like how he told us he will no longer be able to tend to us.

you don't believe in faith, yet you have faith that god was a person at one time many years ago. Hmmmmmmm.

No you missed the point, we would all die before puberty without medical intervention.

This is the last response I will be making to you. You clearly just make things up with no scientific or logical basis whatsoever. That is another completely false statement. If you want to deny evolution and claim science is faith, then by all means, take to a faith thread, or make your own about this hypothesis. This thread is about evidence, not "my gut feeling says aliens created us on another planet and brought us here, so I'll ignore all evidence that favors evolution, regardless of what people post"

edit on 23-11-2011 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Well now your contradicting yourself because it is something you believe in.There are some real parts to evolution and I'm talking about microevolution but anything other than that is out of the box and never been witnessed. The funny part is how it happened to us, and has never been witnessed in any of the other 5 million species on earth. Sorry man it sounds like you have a tad more faith than I do. Nothing wrong with that however its better to stand for something otherwise youll fall for anything. So this must be your first faith. Intervention is not my first faith if you can even call it a faith. Faith is found in story books IMO.

Even though this is a couple pages back, I wanted to make a point about it. All macro-evolution is, is a whole lot of micro-evolution.

If you accept micro-evolution, you automatically accept macro-evolution given the factor of time.

There is no faith. It's called perspective. If you change only a small detail of a painting, it will still look like the same painting. The dot you changed may be noticeable or it may be blatant, but the majority of the painting will still be there. Keep changing hundreds and thousands of dots, and suddenly your painting will look completely different, except it's not that simple. The dots are not random, but are slowly selected based on environment and breeding patterns, so the new picture will appear very different depending on how these thousands of little changes came about.

This is how you get new species and types of organisms. It is just changing one little thing at a time thousands of times.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Even though this is a couple pages back, I wanted to make a point about it. All macro-evolution is, is a whole lot of micro-evolution.

If you accept micro-evolution, you automatically accept macro-evolution given the factor of time.

There is no faith. It's called perspective. If you change only a small detail of a painting, it will still look like the same painting. The dot you changed may be noticeable or it may be blatant, but the majority of the painting will still be there. Keep changing hundreds and thousands of dots, and suddenly your painting will look completely different, except it's not that simple. The dots are not random, but are slowly selected based on environment and breeding patterns, so the new picture will appear very different depending on how these thousands of little changes came about.

This is how you get new species and types of organisms. It is just changing one little thing at a time thousands of times.
Well I totally understand the concept and macro evolution is not the same as micro evolution, nor does accepting one automatically accept the other.

The example that keeps getting thrown at me is a tornado ripping though a junk yard and magically assembling a 747 air craft, thats able to fly. How gullible. Micro evolution would be one piece of the plane finding its way back to another piece.

In addition to this, your talking out of sorts by using the example of dots in a picture. Our difference to primates are in the millions, not just a few dots, and its hard to imagine all these changes leading up to what we are now with nothing obviously changing in the last 200,000 years that we know of. What happened, did we reach our ZEN?
edit on 23-11-2011 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

The example that keeps getting thrown at me is a tornado ripping though a junk yard and magically assembling a 747 air craft, thats able to fly. How gullible. Micro evolution would be one piece of the plane finding its way back to another piece.

And that's why it took 3.7b years.

As for your probability example, that's seriously flawed. Chances of someone getting hit by lightning are crazy small too, yet it happens all the time. And of course we have ACTUAL EVIDENCE showing us exactly how it happened.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

As for your probability example, that's seriously flawed. Chances of someone getting hit by lightning are crazy small too, yet it happens all the time. And of course we have ACTUAL EVIDENCE showing us exactly how it happened.
There is no evidence, there is theory and speculation. We have never witnessed humans evolving. So you seriously think that a tornado could put an airplane back together, over an alien abducting us and transporting us to a different planet?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What form of dating is accepted by those who believe in evolution ?
What artifacts are acceptable in the basis of evolutionary belief ?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
What form of dating is accepted by those who believe in evolution ?
What artifacts are acceptable in the basis of evolutionary belief ?

What form of dating would be acceptable by those that deny evolution?

What evidence would be acceptable to those that refuse to look in case it shakes their belief in the supernatural?

We have offered a shed load of evidence but your side refuses to even consider it which is the point of this thread.

YOU supply the answers. You explain diversity because to me the only reason for 87 pages of avoidance to the original post is you, meaning ALL the denyers have nothing they can put in Evolutions place and all the posts since are an attempt to deflect from it.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm currious, how did you come up with 3.7b years?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

you answer questions with questions a lot. besides i dont see you supporting the real evidence. show me the pictures that lead you to believe that this definitely happened. before u answer that with a question. ill give you mine. here the thing is i believed wayy before i found out about these.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

you answer questions with questions a lot. besides i dont see you supporting the real evidence. show me the pictures that lead you to believe that this definitely happened. before u answer that with a question. ill give you mine. here the thing is i believed wayy before i found out about these.

Fiction being old does not make it more factual. Guess I should wait two-thousand years and pull out my Harry Potter series, eh? It stands as proof that there are wizards among us. It's true because it says it is.

Evolution is backed up by observable fact and evidence left behind by history, hidden in geologic formation that took millions of years to develop. Rocks didn't come from nowhere, you know. They had to form. That is what we look at. Based on the geologic formation that we find something in, we are able to ascertain a general date simply based on stratification. Then, we use one of various forms of radiometric dating to get another general date. It can have a margin of error, but no matter what the margin is, it always places the organism at a period of time longer ago than you can imagine.

Can you even picture a measly one million years in your head? It's probably mind-boggling just to imagine the generations of your family going back to the 1500s. That's maybe 15 or 16 generations of your family? Another 500 years, another 15 generations. 2000 years ago, that's 60 generations of people now. Every single one lived a life, did things, thought, and bred. Multiply that by ten. 20,000 years ago. 600 generations. Still with me? 200,000 years ago. 6000 generations. Each one had a mother and a father. Each one had family. How many minute changes can occur? 1,000,000 years ago. 30,000 generations. Do you comprehend how many that is? That's not even how long it took for the human race to begin its path to today. It started changing into us earlier than that.

100,000,000. That's 3,000,000 generations of life, and that's being skimpy on the numbers, since gestation periods were probably different then. 1,000,000,000. That's 30,000,000 generations. 3,000,000,000. 90,000,000.

Is the perspective sinking in yet? Do you understand how much time there is to change, how little changes can appear to become large after enough time? There are no large changes. They are just small changes over a great deal of time within different organisms. Diversity is impossible to avoid. Speciation is impossible to avoid, given enough time.

You talk about not being able to see evolution today, happening in one lifetime. That by itself shows that you have no understanding of anything having to do with evolution. If you have no understanding, you have no position to claim that it is untrue. You turn to your book instead, which gives you such a pretty, easy to imagine answer. Big, all-powerful being made it all the way it is. I know it's comfortable, but that doesn't make it true. Sometimes, the truth is hard to imagine.

Edit: I would make it clear that I am also talking to "itsthetooth" here.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Varemia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Fiction being old does not make it more factual. Guess I should wait two-thousand years and pull out my Harry Potter series, eh? It stands as proof that there are wizards among us. It's true because it says it is.
With one vital difference, it's not listed in the non fiction section.

Are you sure your not confusing the term fairy tale with something that your just not comprehending correctly. I just have to ask because when I read the bible as a supernatural message, just like it is introduced to be, it totally makes sense.

I think your confusing supernatural with magic and imaginary friends. Of course if you don't know anything about the supernatural, you wont understand it. I'll give you a good hint however. Listen to katy perrys song called ET, that sends a pretty clear definition of whats going on.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

With one vital difference, it's not listed in the non fiction section.

Are you sure your not confusing the term fairy tale with something that your just not comprehending correctly. I just have to ask because when I read the bible as a supernatural message, just like it is introduced to be, it totally makes sense.

I think your confusing supernatural with magic and imaginary friends. Of course if you don't know anything about the supernatural, you wont understand it. I'll give you a good hint however. Listen to katy perrys song called ET, that sends a pretty clear definition of whats going on.

Just because a bunch of people believe it's true, it doesn't make it more factual. In fact, since the church killed almost anyone who disagreed, the fact that it is considered to be true is only due to its tradition of being the only way to survive was to believe.

Also, at my local bookstore, it is listed under religion, not non-fiction. Trust me, it is a myth just like any other. I could go on for ages about Zeus or Isis, Mithros or the gods of Hinduism. It's all the same to me. Made up by humans to explain our existence before we had the technology to decipher it.

Well, we have the technology, and only people who willfully keep themselves ignorant deny that certain things are true. Things like evolution, which is backed up by bones, gene transmission, mutations, and theories predicting what would be present if evolution were true. Everything has only validated evolution, though tweaking the theory somewhat every now and then. It has never been disproven. This thread is all about you guys telling your theory which explains diversity better.

All I've gotten from you is that planets just formed with diversity already there, which feels like a cop-out to me.

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join