It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RebelRouser

Why would you post that in a thread asking you to show the reason for the diversity we see without using evolution?

If I wanted to discuss Christianity I would join the appropriate thread. I get it you believe in a Christian God, good for you. Now how about keeping on topic?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

ok.. if i should have to prove God exists, then please, prove to me why he doesn't.
edit on 22-11-2011 by RebelRouser because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
i notice you keep backing out on that crutch.. im trying to explain to you why man didnt come from ape (aka evolution), therefore, appropriate here..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

evolution is a part of life. not the reason for it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

ok.. if i should have to prove God exists, then please, prove to me why he doesn't.

let's get this straight once and for all. Evolution does not mean your god does not exist, it could well do but evolution explains how all species evolved.

If you feel to explain the diversity we see today requires you to prove god then that is your choice not mine.

i notice you keep backing out on that crutch.. im trying to explain to you why man didnt come from ape (aka evolution), therefore, appropriate here..

How does listing misconceptions of christians do that then?

edit on 22-11-2011 by colin42 because: christians

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RebelRouser
reply to post by colin42

evolution is a part of life. not the reason for it.

By jove I think you got it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

the funniest thing i find about an evolutionist is the fact that probably 80% of the people who believe it dont actually grasp the material.

The funniest thing I've found about creationists is the fact that 0% of the people who don't believe it don't actually grasp the material. They just know it's wrong because it conflicts with their literalist interpretation of the Bible.

Like if i was to take 30 different samples of dna from say, 10 different kinds of chickens, and threw them under a high powered microscope and took a picture; A. i bet you couldnt even match up the 3 pictures that went to each kind. B. you couldnt tell me $h!t about what why they are different. and C. you probably wouldn't even know it was a chicken unless somebody told you.

I fail to see how someone not being able to "sight read" DNA invalidates evolution. This is quite possibly the biggest non sequitur argument I've seen in this thread yet. This is tantamount to saying that because you can't read, speak, or write the original languages the Bible was written in, invalidates everything you've claimed about the Bible.

scientists have tried forever to prove it right but the fact is its still not.

We could get in to the whole epistemological discussion about how no scientific theory is ever considered prove, but that would just draw attention to how much you don't understand about the subject of science in general.

here, lets see what some scientists have to say…

So the rest of your post is going to consist of quote mining and argument from authority fallacies? Seriously? This either means that you don't really care about the source of information as long as it appears to support your cause, which is intellectually lazy, or that you're intentionally using out of context quotes to make a fallacious argument, which is intellectually dishonest. I also find it amusing that you apparently cribbed your entire set of quotes from a website dedicated to correcting some of the misinformation about these quotes -- Robert Henry Lowe's "Misquoting Evolution".

and much more like…

I'm not sure why you're posting a list of scientists who believe in God. Atheism and evolution aren't the same thing. There are many scientists who have no problem reconciling their religious beliefs with the observable fact of evolution.

yea.. science is agrees..

It does. The number of scientists that don't accept the theory of evolution is vanishingly small. It's a fraction of a percent.

Is this and quotes from the Bible really all you can bring to the table?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You're not really doing a good job though considering nothing you posted disproves evolution

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Argument from ignorance

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Nosred

dont you think its hypocritical to say i dont understand evolution when you clearly dont understand christianity. maybe its you that needs to be doing the reading..
25 Myths About Christianity.. (to name a few)

2. A Christian must attend church every week or else!

11. Christianity is really only a crutch.

13. Christianity is just like all the other faiths in the world. They are all equally correct.

17. Christians aren’t allowed to think for themselves.

22. Christians must believe that the world was created 6000-10000 years ago in six 24-hour days.

Where did I say you don't understand evolution? I just said that Einstein is not really an authority on the subject of evolution, and I've never read anywhere that he disbelieved the theory in the first place.

Although this link you posted:

www.jesus-is-savior.com...

Is so filled with hateful propaganda that I really doubt you're a person I consider worth holding a conversation with.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

13. Christianity is just like all the other faiths in the world. They are all equally correct.

Wow.... My religion is better than your religion, much? Precisely why I don't play the religion game.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tony4211
reply to post by Nosred

Wow.... My religion is better than your religion, much? Precisely why I don't play the religion game.

Well, that point is almost correct. All religions are the same as you can point out demonstrably wrong things in all of them, so technically, they're all incorrect

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If you're implying that Einstein somehow proved god's existence...please do some proper research

First of all, he didn't believe in a personal god (which means he can't be Christian/Jewish), secondly, he was stating a BELIEF. It's not like his theories where he backed them up with objective evidence...he was merely stating a belief. He could just as well have said giant purple unicorns farted the universe into existence, it would be just as valid given he never provided objective evidence as backup.
Well I had to throw in my two cents on this because I don't believe in faith. I do however believe God was a person at one time many years ago, and passed on just like how he told us he will no longer be able to tend to us.

I think the bible is real, or at least a different variation of it. And what shocks me is how much history is missing in evolution and how much history is under our noses from the bible. I would start out with learning as much as I could about the supernatural (since its introduced as a supernatural read) and seeing what you might have been missing all these years. Faith was no more than a way to control man, I don't believe that god was a good person. There are to many cruel and inhumane things he does to us in the bible for me to believe differently.I'll lean with Sitchen and say with a twist that we were an enslaved race to mine gold for god.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Facts don't matter in fantasy land....I think we got it all wrong. Key is to make up as many random crazy claims as possible, and it doesn't matter if they're demonstrably wrong

So let me add to it:

A giant purple/yellow unicorn with pink spots farted and crated the universe, and it handed Noah a special breathing apparatus that allowed him to survive inside a whale. That breathing apparatus also dispensed smarties and Snickers bars. True story
Well I'm sure his belief is better than mine. I think there is this giant celestial squid out in the universe that poops out planets and life. And thats it. All hail to Trevor the giant celestial squid.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

22. Christians must believe that the world was created 6000-10000 years ago in six 24-hour days.

I'm curious did they actually use the word create or did they use the word prepare?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Could it be that sick, unhealthy primates get eaten? Ever heard of ill dogs eating grass as medicine? Lots of primates don’t make it to puberty for many reasons.
No you missed the point, we would all die before puberty without medical intervention.

If you truly believe that we de evolved then you must agree with evolution. (no such thing as de evolve actually)
It was just a sarcastic statement I made with the understanding that in order for there to be a gain in some changes, there has to be an equell loss as well. I think we lost a lot through evolution. We lost our tails with no understanding why. We changed our diet to an unhealthy one, with no reason why, we gave up an intact infostructure for one that we have nothing but problems with. We took on a smile as a sign of being content which is inverted and suggest a form of agression to all the other life on this planet that shows there teeth.

Why did we decided to distance ourselves from all the other life on this planet? Why did we choose to no longer be primates and become human? Because looking at the score, primates are winning.

The reason why we eat unhealthy food is because we produce food to feed our population. Greed for profit by a few, bulks the food up with crap. We are searching for our intended diet is also crap.
No, you missed whats going on here. Have you ever heard the saying "necessity is the mother of invention"? We make things (aka adapt) because we feel the need to. This isn't an issue of money, or greed. I just found out a few weeks ago they add iron shavings to our cereal. My point is there is no reason for us to venture out of the box and do all this when we used to have the perfect diet in hand. Evolutionists will trick you into believing evolution did this. This is why I said we have de-evolved. The only plausible solution to all of this is if the food we have available does not meet the required elements for our genetic make up. Processed food was brought on from the exaggerated tendecies of adapting so much.

It's an odd thing you should think about when you consider evolution, if a species all of a sudden changes, what is it going to eat? My theory on all of this is that when planets are made, life is somehow existing on them. This is an eco balanced package, where the cycle of all life on that planet support each other. Not the case with us. We are destroying mother earth because she is not OUR MOTHER nature. We don't fit in here, and everything we do is adapt just to survive. We cant even survive in the outside elements without proper clothing to protect you from the harsh weather. We are NOT part of any cycle of life here either, nothing on this planet would miss us if we dissapeared. Now whats really odd to realize in this is how with most species there is a limited section on where they dwell. We have pretty much taken run of the planet where our adaptation allows us to.

So natural selection had to of shifted to nothing more than brains to adapt. It makes no sense. Because if we would have actually evolved, we would have grown bodies to accomidate the conditions rather than circumventing the problem.

The hands thing you keep repeating sums up your refusal to consider anything put before you. Many species have opposable thumbs. Primates for example so that must mean they don’t belong here either. So why did the aliens bring them here? To gather banana's to feed us gold miners I suppose.
The hands thing is an elementary observation. You should be able to look at your hands and instantly know how they tie into this planet. It could be to pick fruit from a tree. It's just an observation.

The opposable thumb on rear foot of an opossum must mean that it comes from even further away.
I don't know enough about him. All I know is I passed one lying by the road for days before I realized he wasn't playing.

The human brain has allowed us to construct and survive in the world, hands enable us to make those ideas a reality. Without hands we could never have been able to use tools to get to the bone marrow we scavenge which fed our brains development. Simply, without hands we would not be here.
It's a good point and one that could elude the truth. You see there is complexity in our design by comparison to anything else on the planet. My point was that if we were on our home planet, we would have an OBVIOUS purpose. All you hear from people is how they think they figured out the purpose in life. You wont figure it out here, your not home.

Your other gem is 'If you have to ask why are we here then you don’t belong'. So surely if you have to ask 'if aliens Frankensteined humans' then by your logic (loose term) that cannot be true either.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Your other gem is 'If you have to ask why are we here then you don’t belong'. So surely if you have to ask 'if aliens Frankensteined humans' then by your logic (loose term) that cannot be true either.
If your understanding what I mean by frankenstiened.
If he took DNA from existing life, from other planets, then yes, either way you look at it, our roots are not from here.
It's compicated because if we were an engeneerd race like Pye believes, we would not actually have a home depending on how you look at things. It's scary, very scary and the whole thing sucks.

Anyhow, if the vital parts of our design were taken from a planet lets say by the name of Heaven. Then we would probably function much better on Heaven. It gets complicated because your leaving our fate at the dispositioin of who frankenstiened us, and it all depends on if he actually knew what he was doing or not.

IMO, I can tell you he did not know what he was doing. I base on the simple fact of what I explained to you about each planet being its own perfect eco package. Taking life from one planet and moving it to another, yes it might live, but it could suffer too.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

I just dont get you. You state you dont believe in faith, even that statement shows how conflicted you are.

Everything you write, everything you describe to be true has no evidence. Not one jot so you actually base everything you hold true on faith.

You show faith in people that are to put it kindly misleading. You put faith in books written by those people and faith in a book that actually demands faith. You put faith in rubbish fed to you about how wrong evolution is yet appear ignorant of how evolution works still evident in the last few posts with basic things you have been corrected on over and over again.

You dont need faith in evolution as you can see around you evidence, touch, hear, smell and taste it yet this is what you reject.

My view is you reject reality and have concocted a story as a barrier. You are not fooling anyone here and your outright refusal to consider and respond to any points in any meaningful manner shows this.

I guess you believe we made trouser pockets so we could hide our useless hands so no one would see we dont belong.

You keep deluding yourself as it appears you are happy to believe your life is so unfulfilled and its all the aliens fault. Me I see no purpose in going in circles with you in the hope that at least once you will make sense.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Fail. Negative proof and an argument from ignorance.

It's not up to us to disprove that God exists. It's up to you to prove that he does--you are the one making the claim. It's called burden of proof.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I just dont get you. You state you dont believe in faith, even that statement shows how conflicted you are.

Everything you write, everything you describe to be true has no evidence. Not one jot so you actually base everything you hold true on faith.
Well I'm referring to faith as in religion faith.

You show faith in people that are to put it kindly misleading. You put faith in books written by those people and faith in a book that actually demands faith. You put faith in rubbish fed to you about how wrong evolution is yet appear ignorant of how evolution works still evident in the last few posts with basic things you have been corrected on over and over again.
Well you tout them to be correct.

You dont need faith in evolution as you can see around you evidence, touch, hear, smell and taste it yet this is what you reject.
Well now your contradicting yourself because it is something you believe in.There are some real parts to evolution and I'm talking about microevolution but anything other than that is out of the box and never been witnessed. The funny part is how it happened to us, and has never been witnessed in any of the other 5 million species on earth. Sorry man it sounds like you have a tad more faith than I do. Nothing wrong with that however its better to stand for something otherwise youll fall for anything. So this must be your first faith. Intervention is not my first faith if you can even call it a faith. Faith is found in story books IMO.

My view is you reject reality and have concocted a story as a barrier. You are not fooling anyone here and your outright refusal to consider and respond to any points in any meaningful manner shows this.
Well I havent avoided any and I think I have done a pretty good job actually.

I guess you believe we made trouser pockets so we could hide our useless hands so no one would see we dont belong.
No I think its pretty obvious that pockets were to hold things that our hands had to be free from for more adaption.

You keep deluding yourself as it appears you are happy to believe your life is so unfulfilled and its all the aliens fault. Me I see no purpose in going in circles with you in the hope that at least once you will make sense.
Well it does take a lot to understand intervention, I'm not sure if your just unable or unwilling to grasp it. It's not easy to understand I will say that.
edit on 23-11-2011 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join