It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

I asked because it was not clear. Now it is.

One animal does not suddenly change into another. That is magic which is not what evolution shows.

One species evolves over time as in deer like to whale.

So maybe it is not me that needs to wake up.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer

Originally posted by colin42

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer
can anyone name another animal that turned into a completely different species?

why can't some consider, just for a moment, how crazy that actually is.

What do you mean by one animal that turned into another?

I don't think it gets any more direct.

Why the hell hasn't my chimpanzee received his social security card in the mail yet?

Holy crap, man. Wake up.
edit on 8-11-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

You might wanna read up on the theory, because if the above is how you think it works, you're pretty much clueless

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Why is science so toxic and anti life?

You mean apart from the fact that it was science who ensured humans now live longer than ever?

The potential we have to wipe ourselves off the map is unprecedented. We're more at risk of causing our own extinction now than ever. Does that make you proud?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Why is science so toxic and anti life?

You mean apart from the fact that it was science who ensured humans now live longer than ever?

The potential we have to wipe ourselves off the map is unprecedented. We're more at risk of causing our own extinction now than ever. Does that make you proud?

That's not science's fault...it all depends on how you use it. You can use nuclear energy to power billions of homes and provide for hot water and electricity...or you can build a bomb. Doesn't make science evil

Either way, this has nothing to do with evolution. Science doesn't have a conscions, it's not a living entity...it merely states facts and draws conclusions.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

If this is true then why is it out of the 5 million species here on earth we are unable to pin point any species that have or are in the process of evolving?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by colin42

If this is true then why is it out of the 5 million species here on earth we are unable to pin point any species that have or are in the process of evolving?

But we can...not only in the lab, but also in nature.

Even more, scientists are actively doing so in modern medicine...

So if you say scientists can't, you're really just saying "I don't really know about evolution" rather than criticizing it

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by colin42

www.sciencenews.org...

science.slashdot.org...

whyimportant.wordpress.com...

These fish are now born with resistance to human-caused pollution. Explain that, huh?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Explain that, huh?

Aliens did it!!! They like fish and don't want fish to die, also, they use fish penises to save their atmosphere and therefore need to ensure the fish are safe from us humans. Makes perfect sense!

You want proof? F*** proof, making up random crap is so much easier

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Evolution is a theory - by that standard it isn't our job to prove it wrong as it is a theory.

It is science's job to prove it right - which to this day it still has not done.

The true question should be: "Can you prove evolution right?"

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
Evolution is a theory - by that standard it isn't our job to prove it wrong as it is a theory.

It is science's job to prove it right - which to this day it still has not done.

I don't think you understand what a scientific theory is. It's the highest classification bar laws (which are only mathematical). In order to be qualified as a theory, you need to present objective evidence, can't have any evidence go against your claims, and ensure your theory has been thoroughly peer reviewed.

In short: The theory has objective evidence, we are actively using it in modern medicine, and it hasn't been debunked in over 150 years.

So no, it's not "just a theory", just like gravity isn't "just a theory"

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yes it is just a theory - and I'm very well aware on what defines a theory.

There are many holes in evolution.

Where is the missing link?

Where are all of these species that we, and other animals have evolved from?

They aren't there.

Now people get other fossils and say "Oh that must be it!" but it never turns out to be it.

If evolution is a process which a species will evolve - change - over many years, then the changes would be gradual.. and the proof would be very clear.

But this is not the case - species just pop up out of no where, while others just vanish.

The theory of evolution is flawed, and misconstrued and abused science is the only thing that keeps this theory afloat.

I used to be a beleiver in this theory - but after personal review, after countless hours, I have come to the conclusion that it is bogus.

There is no evidence that supports evolution - only points in its direction. But once you arrive at the place it has pointed there is nothing there.

Don't delude yourself into beleiving a theory that has no solid ground to stand on.
edit on 8-11-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It will just keep going in circles. You can explain in detail what evolution is and the creationists will just repond with, "but it's just a theory" They don't care that it carries more weight that the bible ever will.

They don't want it explained they just want to vampire energy out of people and they think that if they say the same old crap long enough that they will convert some people.

Let them live in their ignorant dark age.

Feel secure knowing that your children have greater knowledge than theirs.

It's up to them to show one tiny little tad of evidence to back up what the bible says. It's not up to us to explain and explain and explain.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Parts of the evolution theory seem credible like mutations , heredity, within a species. One species evolving into another seems unlikely without intervention. Also, how does evolution describe the split between animal organisms and plant life?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
Parts of the evolution theory seem credible like mutations , heredity, within a species. One species evolving into another seems unlikely without intervention. Also, how does evolution describe the split between animal organisms and plant life?

It was far earlier in the evolution of life on Earth. You have to remember the massive scale of this evolution. Mammalians are actually the most recently emerged type of species, coming from a mutation in reptiles.

Here's a good link which describes the various stages that life changed through. All evolution is, is very small changes over a grand amount of time, eventually causing creatures to appear to be entirely different. No intervention needed at all.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Not understanding the scientific concept of falsification

/thread

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Don't delude yourself into beleiving a theory that has no solid ground to stand on.

"Theory" in the scientific term is not the same as "theory" in the general sense of the term. "Theory" here does not imply any question as to the validity of Evolution.

Evolution is only so much a "theory" as the theory of gravity and germ theory. Actually now that I bring it up, evolutionary theory has more evidence and is more complete than the theory of gravity.

I don't see you going around arguing that gravity doesn't exist because it's "only a theory".
edit on 8-11-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

If you were replying to me - I don't ever recall mentioning the Holy Bible in my post....

I am simply reviewing facts, which there are no hard facts in evolution.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ya it was so massive that we seem to be missing all of the massive amounts of proof, like bones and fossils. WHERE ARE THE BODYS ?????????????????

We can't even link what few finds of aleged transistion. Something is not working here. Not to mention that our overall presence here on earth went from living harmoniously in the wild to simply not fitting in.

Again, if we evolved, we DE-EVOLVED. We were better off as primates for sure. Look at how sickly we are. We can't even live past puberty without medical intervention, but we evolved right.

Honestly the ONLY positive think I can thing of thats come out of our aleged evolving is we are no longer part of any food chain. In fact we aren't part of anything.

Get a clue people, just like it says in Hebrews in the bible "Earth is not our home"...
gspcsermons.blogspot.com...
edit on 8-11-2011 by itsthetooth because: k

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

To compare gravity and evolution is silly....

These are both two different concepts.

We can see the effects of gravity in our life - feel it, measure it....

You can not see this with evolution - and I will argue every point you bring forward.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Nosred

To compare gravity and evolution is silly....

These are both two different concepts.

We can see the effects of gravity in our life - feel it, measure it....

You can not see this with evolution - and I will argue every point you bring forward.

I couldn't have said it better.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join