It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

I'm replying cause it wont fit...
Not at all, I know the gold was needed to save the atmosphere of another planet. All definitions I'm looking up about evolution are inconclusive, just like aliens.

Why won't you answer any of my questions about your theory or even attempt to learn about something? You just ignore every single fact that contradicts your theory and change the subject or repeat your original debunked points. You won't even expand on anything. At least Bottlingsguy is willing to debate and discuss, even though I feel he's going about it the wrong way, at least he's trying. You just ignore everything and respond with generic one liners that have nothing to do with anything. If you aren't even going to try, don't bother posting in this thread. You can't prove evolution wrong or come up with an alternative theory backed by facts. It's not possible. Again, please offer up your explanation of the various races of human if evolution is false. Stop dodging questions. Every question you asked about evolution has been thoroughly answered. Please at least show us the same curtsey with your theory. I'm curious about it as well.

Bottlingsguy, I do personally feel that aliens visited us in the past and might have indeed messed with DNA. Unfortunately its far from proven at this point. If it's true, it doesn't mean evolution is false, however, it means that it was manipulated at that point in our development. I think that you are discrediting yourself by claiming as such. Don't fall into that trap that makes many of the ancient alien theorists look bad. Work WITH the facts, don't try to change them. Go with what we know and work your way forward, don't assume.

God
Evolution
Aliens visiting earth in the past

All 3 could be true are certainly not mutually exclusive, especially the middle one since it's based on scientific facts.

I don't have to prove it wrong, everything I'm reading says it's never been proven to begin with. Just because you bought into it doesn't make it real.
There has never been a shred of evidence that directly and unquestionbly ties us to primates.
Odder is no confirmed ties of anything else out of the 5 million species here. You seem to somehow know that there is just no way that aliens exist. How is it that you know something that millions of others don't. Your lack of understanding has bottlenecked your vison.
I have never seen an alien but I have seen a UFO. I think given the spieces count on this planet alone you would have to be a little ignorant to think we are alone in our universe.

I just heard a pretty good quote on FB yesterday. If all you see around you is darkness, try pulling your head out from between your butt cheeks.
No one can make you believe there are or aren't aliens but I will say this, many people that don't believe in them actually get abducted. So there.

None of the authors mentioned was I able to find listed with pseudo science, however I do find a lot of evolutionists in question. Evolution or intervention may not be needed at all to get us where we are today, there could be something we don't know about. However, we have the bible, we have sumerrian books and we have our DNA. I for one believe in things we have, unlike evolutionists.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Actually I did not call them fiction writers. I stated that the books they write have no evidence to back them and if read with a questioning mind the holes appear pretty fast.

Your the expert here. Start showing the evidence contained in these books to show me where I am in error.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

There has never been a shred of evidence that directly and unquestionbly ties us to primates.

Except for the fossil record, DNA evidence, the fact that we're actively using the theory in modern medicine to accurately predict future outcomes, migration trends, ...

And of course the fact that in over 150 years no one was able to debunk the theory. We have as much evidence for that theory than for gravity for crying out loud

But you believe in something that has zero objective evidence as backup. Even worse, the man you quote is demonstrably wrong in a ton of cases...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by colin42

The real question Sitchin never asked (because that wouldn't sell his book) is:

Why on earth would aliens go through all this trouble, when the estimated amount of gold in the universe is 66 trillion times of the mass of our sun??? That's the mass of around 219 galaxies according to the University of California.

It might not be as abundant as hydrogen, but it's not as if earth is the universe's Fort Knox.

Are some guys posting here seriously telling me that those aliens had the technology to fly lightyears through space, yet completely fail at using technology to mine gold at one of the trillions of places? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Here's the paper about gold in the universe if for those who care about facts: LINK

I can't believe Sitchin is selling books to people who fall for that crap. Use your brains for crying out loud, do some research, but for PLEASE stop wasting everyone's time with pseudo-science nonsense until you have objective evidence to back it up.

I see whats going on here. You make assumptions. Just because aliens might be light years ahead of us in space travel, there is no way we might beat them in minning technology. Just because they fly around in UFO's there is no way we might beat them in medical technology.
Did you not know that no one knows everything. Granted there are many other planets with gold but what if they aren't close enough, what if they aren't inhabitable to allow minning. This is not pseudo science, it's written scriptures and you choose to ignore them. I have news for you, those scriptures were written long before people started pretending evolution was real. Get a grip man and open your eyes, we were forewarned, its written, and you choose to ignore it and look for things that aren't there.
I'm not sure what sound stranger, me believeing in aliens or you thinking we evolved from slime.

edit on 7-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Itsthetooth, please read up at using the quote command on here, because you have no clue how to do that either. It makes your posts difficult to read.

I don't have to prove it wrong, everything I'm reading says it's never been proven to begin with. Just because you bought into it doesn't make it real. There has never been a shred of evidence that directly and unquestionbly ties us to primates.
The name of the thread is "can you prove evolution wrong". The proofs verifying evolution have all been posted more than once but you've ignored every single link and counterpoint. You also have ignored my question about races of human, 3 times now. That is direct evidence of evolution. Please tell me exactly where the science behind evolution fails. Why are you afraid to answer or even explain yourself? Its because your theory holds absolutely no water and the more you say the more foolish you appear.

Odder is no confirmed ties of anything else out of the 5 million species here. You seem to somehow know that there is just no way that aliens exist. How is it that you know something that millions of others don't. Your lack of understanding has bottlenecked your vison.
I have never seen an alien but I have seen a UFO. I think given the spieces count on this planet alone you would have to be a little ignorant to think we are alone in our universe.

Wow. You completely didn't read or pay attention my post at all. READ IT AGAIN. I said that I actually believe aliens visited the earth in the past. Did you selectively ignore that just as you've ignored everything else? I don't care if you've seen a ufo. It doesn't go against evolution and nothing you've posted does in the least, even alien intervention. Please stop being dishonest. Facts or GTFO.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I see whats going on here. You make assumptions. Just because aliens might be light years ahead of us in space travel, there is no way we might beat them in minning technology. Just because they fly around in UFO's there is no way we might beat them in medical technology.

Except...they need to mine raw materials to create space ships in the first place

And if they're that far advanced, they lived long enough to face numerous bacteria and viruses...at which point medical technology geared towards their physiology is kinda a given. Plus, are you seriously claiming they can genetically engineer humans, yet somehow they still suck at medicine?

Did you not know that no one knows everything. Granted there are many other planets with gold but what if they aren't close enough, what if they aren't inhabitable to allow minning. This is not pseudo science, it's written scriptures and you choose to ignore them.

You are mistaking scripture for fact. Scriptures were written by humans, and all they prove is what people believed back then based on their (compared to today) limited amount of scientific knowledge. That's why you get weird stuff like people surviving in whales, or global floods that demonstrably didn't happen.

I have news for you, those scriptures were written long before people started pretending evolution was real. Get a grip man and open your eyes, we were forewarned, its written, and you choose to ignore it and look for things that aren't there.
I'm not sure what sound stranger, me believeing in aliens or you thinking we evolved from slime.

Not sure about "slime", but given that we definitely evolved over millions of years...while you chose to believe in fairytales you can't even back up with facts, I'm pretty sure you sound a lot stranger

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

In an earlier post that may or may have been you it was stated that Sitchen's translation says we were genetically engineered to be miners. To quote 'man suddenly appeared and was mining gold'

Now you say that a race that can travel the depths of space (would imagine they went through an industrial age that would require mining) would not know, may not know how to dig holes and find shiny things. We were already advanced shiny thing finders before they even arrived.

This would mean they had no need to genetically alter us wouldnt it?

They may not have any medical knowledge but genetically manipulated a new race?

Perhaps they had scriptures of their own and just blindly followed them because with no or little medical knowledge they would last a few hours on a new planet rife with new bugs
edit on 7-11-2011 by colin42 because: Scriptures

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

In an earlier post that may or may have been you it was stated that Sitchen's translation says we were genetically engineered to be miners. To quote 'man suddenly appeared and was mining gold'

Now you say that a race that can travel the depths of space (would imagine they went through an industrial age that would require mining) would not know, may not know how to dig holes and find shiny things. We were already advanced shiny thing finders before they even arrived.

This would mean they had no need to genetically alter us wouldnt it?

They may not have any medical knowledge but genetically manipulated a new race?

Perhaps they had scriptures of their own and just blindly followed them because with no or little medical knowledge they would last a few hours on a new planet rife with new bugs

No what happened was we rebelled and refused to work at some point. It started out with us losing powers then we were burdened with defects. If you look at Pye's video it will all come into focus.
This is why we had religion and faith, it was an attempt to keep us on the slavery path, but it didn't work.

edit on 7-11-2011 by colin42 because: Scriptures

edit on 7-11-2011 by itsthetooth because: /

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Except...they need to mine raw materials to create space ships in the first place

See your making assumptions again !

And if they're that far advanced, they lived long enough to face numerous bacteria and viruses...at which point medical technology geared towards their physiology is kinda a given. Plus, are you seriously claiming they can genetically engineer humans, yet somehow they still suck at medicine?

Anything is possible was my intended message, again your assuming a lot and I honestly don't think you can grasp the possibilities.

Did you not know that no one knows everything. Granted there are many other planets with gold but what if they aren't close enough, what if they aren't inhabitable to allow minning. This is not pseudo science, it's written scriptures and you choose to ignore them.

You are mistaking scripture for fact. Scriptures were written by humans, and all they prove is what people believed back then based on their (compared to today) limited amount of scientific knowledge. That's why you get weird stuff like people surviving in whales, or global floods that demonstrably didn't happen.

Well evolution is made up by humans to so there you go.

I have news for you, those scriptures were written long before people started pretending evolution was real. Get a grip man and open your eyes, we were forewarned, its written, and you choose to ignore it and look for things that aren't there.

Not sure about "slime", but given that we definitely evolved over millions of years...while you chose to believe in fairytales you can't even back up with facts, I'm pretty sure you sound a lot stranger

I don't think proving the bible is so much a needed issue, I don't think proving Pye to be correct is so much an issue, I don't think proving von daniken right is so much an issues either. I don't think proving sitchen wrong is so much of an issue. I don't think proving the bible to be a fairy tale is so much the issue either. What I think is an issue is how they all (unintentionally) point in the same direction and you seem to be blind to what that means.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Itsthetooth, please read up at using the quote command on here, because you have no clue how to do that either. It makes your posts difficult to read.

I don't have to prove it wrong, everything I'm reading says it's never been proven to begin with. Just because you bought into it doesn't make it real. There has never been a shred of evidence that directly and unquestionbly ties us to primates.
The name of the thread is "can you prove evolution wrong". The proofs verifying evolution have all been posted more than once but you've ignored every single link and counterpoint. You also have ignored my question about races of human, 3 times now. That is direct evidence of evolution. Please tell me exactly where the science behind evolution fails. Why are you afraid to answer or even explain yourself? Its because your theory holds absolutely no water and the more you say the more foolish you appear.

Wow. You completely didn't read or pay attention my post at all. READ IT AGAIN. I said that I actually believe aliens visited the earth in the past. Did you selectively ignore that just as you've ignored everything else? I don't care if you've seen a ufo. It doesn't go against evolution and nothing you've posted does in the least, even alien intervention. Please stop being dishonest. Facts or GTFO.

Sorry but I run out of room that way.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Every link I have seen about this says its either in debate or inconclusive, did you ever wonder what that means?

No dishonesty here, and most people that believe in evolution refuse to accept such things because of the possibilities it opens up. Basically evolution or the idea of it would dissapear unless its the ONLY option.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Can you please stop including your own text in the "Quoted Post" box? It makes things rather difficult to read.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Like this ???

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Here is a great place to start. It answers some of the basic questions and explains the evidence behind it. It's not a silly belief system.

www.talkorigins.org...

Apes and common ancestry:

www.gate.net...

Fossils and other evidence of human evolution:

www.talkorigins.org...

Specifically note this link below:

www.talkorigins.org...

Take a look at some of those skulls. Especially some of those longer ones. Evolution is OBVIOUS in those pictures.

The only thing up for debate is the small details. The overall theory is chock full of scientific facts that make it obvious that evolved here on earth, unless there is another planet out there completely identical to earth and we evolved there, then were brought here.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2011 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by bottleslingguy

How about you finally start presenting some facts instead of repeating nonsense you get from pseudo-scientific websites? Gold has nothing to do with cloud seeding or weather control...go ask China if you don't believe me

LINK

It baffles me that post after post you make gets refuted, yet you blindly continue believing in stuff that is A) unproven or B) demonstrably wrong. And all the while you ignore proven facts and theories

Real life isn't Harry Potter

how did those ancient people know about this stuff?
www.rsc.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Lets go forward from here since it looks like some peeps believe that aliens exist but just that intervention did not happen to us. I'll explain why it's probably the strongest section in my belief.

According to Pye, we have over 4 thousand defects in our genes. It's more than 10 times the acceptable amount. That acceptable amount would be lets say normal disease, evolution etc... Pye believes that those defects were brought on through sloppy genetic engeneering, and sad to say there are more things that support that idea moreso than evolution itself.

Anyhow, I think those defects were purposly set in place not from disease or evolution but from punishments that were handed down from god. The bible is full of punishements. In fact the book would have made more sense if they named it, how god punished man. While I haven't counted them, I feel safe to say its way above the teens. Now thats just what made it into the book. There could have been more. In addition to this, the punishements were mostly on individual people, so that they would be expressed thorugh genetics. I think this is exactly what has happened. Cross breedeing these genetics has created some pretty messed up people to boot.

This is why I say if you believe that we evolved, than you must believe we actually de-evolved. Having fewer chromosomes, and way more defects, and vestigal organs is all backwards with the understanding of evolution.

Not the case with intervention. I have no doubt believing intervention was our begining, it's just a question as to if we were created from sitchens point of view, or did god use existing DNA to frankenstien us? It could also explain the defects. The defects are so bad that 2 dozen of them wont allow you to live past puberty without medical intervention. If god frankenstiened us from existing DNA, it would also explain how it is that our mtDNA is showing us to be 200,000 years old while the bible claims he created us just about 7,000 years ago.

Frankenstiening IMO is NOT creating, but I can see how our DNA might cause the confusion.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Cute, I'll bet science just blows your mind and leaves you clueless. Even according to Von dankin, there was advanced technology in the bible, so get a clue man.

If I'm understanding your question, or which ancient people, I'm thinking there were aliens involved in the technology of things. And to this day, they are still on top of things.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
I'm under the understanding that you reject the theory of evolution. You apparently think that some Sumerian tablets have absolute proof, even though even if they talked about aliens, it could have been their form of science fiction for all we know. We can't accept anything written down as proof. We have to observe the world around us and draw our conclusions based on the most likely possibility. Remember that in the time of the Sumerians, people were just as anatomically modern as today, which means their mental faculties were the same, and that they were not all that different than us or more primitive in any way, aside from having different technology in their daily lives.

It appears that there is some kind of mechanism going on within the various species but how one crosses over into the other is not clear. My bringing the Sumerians up has to do with my thoughts on where modern humans come from and why we so apparently don't fit in any niche ( it also answers the riddles posed by the global megalithic creations). The Sumerians talk about tampering with dna and just because they used names like "celestial abode" does not mean they were talking about illusions. I'll guarantee the people who claim to have debunked Sitchin either never read anything he's written or have read the material and are now in some existentialistic panic because their whole conceptual framework is a joke, so they do everything in their power to discredit him. They even slander him posthumously.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You’re absolutely right. At least Rowling has the good grace to pass off her fiction as fiction instead of trying to dupe the gullible like von Daniken, Sitchin, and Pye.

Cute, I'll bet science just blows your mind and leaves you clueless.

Blows my mind? Absolutely. Science is incredible.

Leaves me clueless? Quite the opposite.

Even according to Von dankin, there was advanced technology in the bible, so get a clue man.

According to the guy who has admitted to committing fraud? And let’s assume for a moment that von Daniken actually believes what he peddles. His is simply one out of myriad interpretations of the Bible, with no more or less objective evidence supporting it than any other.

Know about which stuff, exactly? Can you produce some examples that are, unequivocally, descriptions of alien technology?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I got to you with that "wasted life" thing didn't I?

IZ the evidence is all around you. I'm not the one with rational myopathy. Wasted because it hasn't helped bring the human condition to any better state than we were in during the dark ages. We might be a little cleaner hygienically but even that is most likely causing us more harm than good. Why hasn't science led to more peace and prosperity for people globally? You'll blame it on the people wielding the political power who use the most cutting edge science and if you do you'll be making my point for me. Science is only as good as the people who control it. Science as a pursuit of knowledge is fine but surely you're not proud of the feeble accomplishments from the last hundred years or so are you?

What if Tesla's work wasn't confiscated and hoarded by the American govt? Or squelched and stolen by greedy bastards like Edison and Westinghaus? You can't tell me (well you can but if you do you are pretty dumb) that science has hit a brick wall and can't give us better than what we got. You shouldn't be so proud

edit on 7-11-2011 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join