It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

Originally posted by itsthetooth
Are you not reading it, we don't just smile for those reasons, notice the word similar. I would even bet money there are times a primate would show teeth for agression.
I rest my case. !

edit on 4-11-2011 by itsthetooth because: spelling

The difference between intervention and evolution, is that evolution has a tad to many holes. Now you might think that whole smile thing is stupid, and obviously because you have no valid reason for it, while I do. FYI the whole idea of intervention has NO holes, and I have looked very hard in trying to find them. Everything points in that direction. The only reason evolutionists jump on this is because the ONLY way evolution can exist is if you rule out everything else. Intervention IMO consolidates every aspect of belief except for evolution. So your basically saying everyone else is wrong and your right. If I had holes I might see eye to eye with you but I don't.
edit on 4-11-2011 by itsthetooth because: spell

We aren't from here people, get a clue.

You know, our smile as a sign of happiness probably arose due to the development of language. Notice that our fangs are no longer large for baring, though humans can growl and show their teeth in aggression. Obviously, we developed fire and tools which allowed us to fend off animals without the baring of teeth. I mean, there are any number of reasons why our species took some of the turns it did.

Check out these guys. Similar ancestor, but totally different features. You can't explain that without evolution:

www.ratbehavior.org...

Which I completly understand but it just goes against the grain of our ancestors in addition to all the other life here on the planet. Why did we choose to not fit in? I don't even care if you want to believe its an inheritance or if smiling is something that is learned. It doesn't matter. It makes no sense at all. We aren't from here people, get a clue.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Here is another clue...
www.sciencedaily.com...

ScienceDaily (May 15, 2008) — The human race was divided into two separate groups within Africa for as much as half of its existence, says a Tel Aviv University mathematician. Climate change, reduction in populations and harsh conditions may have caused and maintained the separation.

Or just maybe we were abducted and moved here, duh.

Researchers believe that about 60,000 years ago, modern humans started their epic journeys to populate the world. This time period has been the primary focus of anthropological genetic research. However, relatively little is known about the demographic history of our species over the previous 140,000 years in Africa

Which also matches with the bottleneck period according to the assam tribune but it was between 117,000 and 275,000 years ago.

Recent data suggests that Eastern Africa went through a series of massive droughts between 90,000 and 135,000 years ago. It is possible that this climate shift contributed to the population splits. What is surprising is the length of time the populations were separate — for as much as half of our entire history as a species.

How about a big flood, wasn't there such a thing in the bible DOH.

The assam tribune is giving us the oldest age of 275,000 years.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Which I completly understand but it just goes against the grain of our ancestors in addition to all the other life here on the planet. Why did we choose to not fit in? I don't even care if you want to believe its an inheritance or if smiling is something that is learned. It doesn't matter. It makes no sense at all. We aren't from here people, get a clue.

Where's the choice in who has sex with who? People mated who tended to smile as a sign of happiness. It's called genetics.

I get that you read some books and such that make you think we're all descended from aliens, but the fact of the matter is, evidence is still paramount to speculation. At the moment, all evidence points to our species evolving from the mixture of life on this planet. We almost died out a few times, but ingenuity saved us. Notice that we do not have any of the normal survival instincts that normal animals do. We must make tools to survive.

And on another note, even if we were the spawn of aliens, the aliens would have had to have evolved somewhere. No matter what, evolution is valid.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Where's the choice in who has sex with who? People mated who tended to smile as a sign of happiness. It's called genetics.

I get that you read some books and such that make you think we're all descended from aliens, but the fact of the matter is, evidence is still paramount to speculation. At the moment, all evidence points to our species evolving from the mixture of life on this planet. We almost died out a few times, but ingenuity saved us. Notice that we do not have any of the normal survival instincts that normal animals do. We must make tools to survive.

And on another note, even if we were the spawn of aliens, the aliens would have had to have evolved somewhere. No matter what, evolution is valid.

Actually I read books after deciding this. The books just happen to match. So does our DNA bottleneck period. Of course there was a bottleneck, we were seperated from home. We did not evolve from this planet. Elsewhere maybe, but not here.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

So... how come we share traits with almost every organism on the planet, as well as being adapted for survival and adjusted to competing with other organisms through the usage of tools? Have you ever looked at a skeleton and compared it with other animals on Earth?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

So... how come we share traits with almost every organism on the planet, as well as being adapted for survival and adjusted to competing with other organisms through the usage of tools? Have you ever looked at a skeleton and compared it with other animals on Earth?

An interesting point but it's not in the same context.
We don't evolve, we adapt. The two can easially be confused for one another and you might even be able to say that adapting is evolving and evolving is adapting. Evolving means that changes occur at a molecular level. I think something that is throwing people off in all of this is our advanced intelligence. If you took away that one part, it would look like we are evolving. It's hard to omit because we use our smarts to adapt.
Adapting is making heat and AC in your safe from the outside elements while evolving would have been us growing more hair and more sweat glands to just deal with it.
Evolving would have been allowing our bodys to drink nasty water to survive rather than technology to process it for safe drinking.
In an exaggerated way, growing wings to travel rather than building cars.

By comparison to other life here on earth, you have to take into account that there are a lot of common things with all life here. Aside from water life, we all breath air, we all drink water, we all have two eyes, two ears, one nose and one mouth, one head and usually limbs of sorts, by no means does this mean we are related.. When I say all I mean an incredible majority, I know there are odd balls out there. Primates are shockingly similliar to humans but it's only because we are both HUMANOID. There are reports from over 4 million people claiming contact with alien beings from other planets that are ALSO humanoid. They might share some shocking simularitys with us but we may not be the same species.

Humans are an odball in to many ways. We aren't part of any food chain, and nothing here on earth would die if we simply up and dissapeared one day, except for domesticated pets and plants anyhow.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

It's not just that your "intervention" hypothesis has holes...it has ZERO objective evidence behind it. You're speculating because you don't understand the theory scientists have proven, and you're filling a gap in knowledge with magic.

Let me repeat it again slowly so you stand a chance of getting it: We have full DNA records that PROVE we have a common ancestor with today's apes...it's not speculation, it's a FACT. And like I keep on repeating, we're using the theory in modern medicine, and wouldn't have many meds we have today if it were wrong. We can use the theory to accurately predict future outcomes, something we couldn't do if it were wrong. Migratory trends fully back up the theory too, just like the fossil record.

You're argument is basically "I am super clueless when it comes to evolution, but I'm too lazy to read up on the theory...so clearly aliens didi it". That's ridiculous
:

edit on 5-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Still nothing explaining diversity and does not look like any will be given so despite the mutliple attempts to divert the thread and a silly title change I'd conclude that no one can explain the diversity we see without using Evolution to do so.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Oh, ok. I see what's going on now. You don't even understand what evolution is. Evolution IS adaption. It is a series of minor adaptions (or major adaptions) that become ingrained in the genetics of a creature over time. Maybe you're having difficulty placing these adaptions on a proper scale, but you've no doubt seen the minor changes that occur in people as they have children. Well, apply these tiny changes to a high infant mortality, and then think about the genes that will end up spreading. After a sufficient number of generations, it will appear that two separate people are a completely different species (though the reintroduction to other forms of human beings before speciation has caused our genetics to stay one species). I'm not talking about a minor number of generations either. I'm talking about hundreds of thousands of generations. It took humans a million years to stop just breaking big rocks for hand axes. Plus, biologists sometimes forget that the fossils we have are simply an adaptation of the time, one small picture of the available diversity which would fluctuate wildly. For all we know, the fossils find find may tend to be the equivalent of village idiots.

Point is, evolution is adaption, and adaption is evolution. One is on a micro scale and one is on a macro scale. To say otherwise is to show a complete ignorance of evolution at its most basic form.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It took humans a million years to stop just breaking big rocks for hand axes.

show me objective proof that modern humans have been around for millions of years. it should be simple enough, just show me where you found that information
edit on 5-11-2011 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
We have full DNA records that PROVE we have a common ancestor with today's apes...it's not speculation, it's a FACT.

show where you found these records that prove that

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

show me objective proof that modern humans have been around for millions of years. it should be simple enough, just show me where you found that information

Humans belong to the genus "homo" which has been around for 2.5m years: LINK

In english, "homo" are humans...with us being "modern human". So in short, he's correct, and you just showed once again that you don't really understand (human) evolution

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

We have full DNA records that PROVE we have a common ancestor with today's apes...it's not speculation, it's a FACT.

show where you found these records that prove that

I already posted a link to proof earlier in the thread: LINK

What baffles me is that you show an obvious lack of knowledge when it comes to evolution, yet you flat out refuse to read about it. There's nothing wrong with a lack of knowledge, I have no clue whatsoever about the mating behavior of gerbils, yet I wouldn't criticize scientific theories examining it without at least reading up on it properly. Sadly you come here claiming evolution is wrong, and then completely disregard all information people post to point you in the right way. I mean, your latest question clearly shows you haven't even bothered reading the base evolution article on Wikipedia...simply because it goes against your preconceived, irrational beliefs that are demonstrably wrong

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

And this circular argument is exactly what this thread is trying to avoid. It's been done to death.

There are 100's if not 1000's of threads where the evidence is shown for evolution again and again and the evidence is ignored always.

All that is asked is that those that deny evolution explain the diversity of life without using it. So far there are no takers after 51 pages.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

if anything this supports what I'm saying. you fail to realize we share dna with sea sponges too so what's your point? digitaljournal.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

In english, "homo" are humans...with us being "modern human". So in short, he's correct, and you just showed once again that you don't really understand (human) evolution

go back and read where I wrote MODERN HUMANS. we're talking about us not another species, anything prior to 250,000 years ago is not the same species and you can't assume the same attributes to using tools. people can't just go around making things up like "it took humans a million years to stop just breaking big rocks for and axes". it devolves the discussion and if you support that then you are not here to learn you are here to stroke your ego.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Oh, ok. I see what's going on now. You don't even understand what evolution is. Evolution IS adaption. It is a series of minor adaptions (or major adaptions) that become ingrained in the genetics of a creature over time. Maybe you're having difficulty placing these adaptions on a proper scale, but you've no doubt seen the minor changes that occur in people as they have children. Well, apply these tiny changes to a high infant mortality, and then think about the genes that will end up spreading. After a sufficient number of generations, it will appear that two separate people are a completely different species (though the reintroduction to other forms of human beings before speciation has caused our genetics to stay one species). I'm not talking about a minor number of generations either. I'm talking about hundreds of thousands of generations. It took humans a million years to stop just breaking big rocks for hand axes. Plus, biologists sometimes forget that the fossils we have are simply an adaptation of the time, one small picture of the available diversity which would fluctuate wildly. For all we know, the fossils find find may tend to be the equivalent of village idiots.

Point is, evolution is adaption, and adaption is evolution. One is on a micro scale and one is on a macro scale. To say otherwise is to show a complete ignorance of evolution at its most basic form.

Well I get the idea but the wikipedia I read made it clear that evolution seemed to be more on a molecular level. I guess what I'm seeing is that in a way, evolution could be a form of adaptation but I'm saying not in the forms we are taking on.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The only difference here is we have some not so accepted proof of evolution, otherwise it would be unanomouse.
We also have no accepted proof of aliens otherwise it would be accepted as well.

Here is how I look at it.
Earth / over 5 million species and still counting.
Chances there is intelligent life that visits us. ya.

The bible even makes reference to god being a space alien. I doubt you have ever heard that but isn't it funny how it matches with sitchens idea, with von danikens idea, with Lloyd Pyes idea.
This is why I keep saying is everyone wrong, and your right?
I never made any claims about how our existance came into play, just how it came into play here on earth.

Aliens don't live on earth, this is why it's so hard to get proof, and even when they do get a lucky break there are to many people afraid to believe it.

Assuming your right and we started here on earth, there should be so much proof that we wouldn't be having this conversation. And there is no excuse for the lack of proof unlike aliens.

You can't start a race with two people, it's incest, A race has to start with hundreds or hundreds of thousands of people. Your trying to tell me that evolution happened to tens of thousands of people, over and over, in addition to us multplyng, but we just can't find the bones.

You wanna know how I know one of my fish died in the tank, there is a carcass laying in the rocks, WHERE ARE THE BODIES?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

if anything this supports what I'm saying. you fail to realize we share dna with sea sponges too so what's your point? digitaljournal.com...

Thank you for posting more proof for the theory of evolution

Common ancestry

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

go back and read where I wrote MODERN HUMANS. we're talking about us not another species, anything prior to 250,000 years ago is not the same species and you can't assume the same attributes to using tools. people can't just go around making things up like "it took humans a million years to stop just breaking big rocks for and axes". it devolves the discussion and if you support that then you are not here to learn you are here to stroke your ego.

He wrote "humans", so why are you asking about modern humans pretending that's what he said? Like I said, scientifically speaking, the genus homo (aka humans in english) dates back 2.5m years. Modern humans only around 250,000 of course, but they are direct descendants of those older homo species. And the DNA link I posted proves that

But let's just continue to ignore facts, right?

The hilarious thing is, you even posted direct proof for evolution by posting that sponge link. If we are related to them on a DNA basis, that makes perfect sense given the theory of evolution. Biodiversity (and that includes humans and sponges) are perfectly explained for crying out loud.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join