It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ok you peeps that think we evolved from primates try to answer some questions for me because I'm at a total loss here. My study about us not being from this planet goes pretty deep, so I'm wondering what you take is on a few things I haven't mentioned yet.

Lets look at the human smile. No other species including primates smiles when they are happy, no other species I know of, and would you be so kind to point some out with links. Our smile is inverted, and to most other species on this planet it's a sign of aggression. Why would we evolve to purposly not fit in?

If we evolved can somebody please explain to me what this fast growing hair is for on the top of my head? Please put some thought into this, nothing lame like to keep our brains warm, our brains overheat in the dessert so I won't buy that.

How, and why did we break away from primates. Was there a one step transgression or many, because there are a lot of differences to account for. One is the ability to procreate. Would you not agree that it's a strong desire of any species to survive? Why can't I procrreate with primates? What was the purpose of forking our lineage when multiplying is a key element in ANY species. Not to mention there is not one shred of proof of any other species that forked as well.

Why did we grow four times the brain matter, and stop using some organs?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Actually the purpose of this thread is for you to tell us how and why we see the diversity of life that surrounds us if evolution is wrong.

So in keeping with the spirit of the thread you tell us the answers to your questions and then we can comment.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Lets look at the human smile. No other species including primates smiles when they are happy, no other species I know of, and would you be so kind to point some out with links. Our smile is inverted, and to most other species on this planet it's a sign of aggression. Why would we evolve to purposly not fit in?

We express ourselves differently because we are an entirely different species. Dogs express themselves differently from sharks too...doesn't mean sharks are from outer space

LINK

If we evolved can somebody please explain to me what this fast growing hair is for on the top of my head? Please put some thought into this, nothing lame like to keep our brains warm, our brains overheat in the dessert so I won't buy that.

We used to evolve from a monkey-like creature that had hair everywhere. As we evolved, we started building shelter that protected us better than that monkey-like ancestor...so we didn't need as much hair anymore. So slowly, most of the hair became smaller. And yes, smaller...because if you check, you are still hairy...the hairs are just a lot smaller and there's less of them.

Why still hair on the head? Because that's where you lose most of your body heat.

How, and why did we break away from primates. Was there a one step transgression or many, because there are a lot of differences to account for. One is the ability to procreate. Would you not agree that it's a strong desire of any species to survive? Why can't I procrreate with primates? What was the purpose of forking our lineage when multiplying is a key element in ANY species. Not to mention there is not one shred of proof of any other species that forked as well.

How we evolved

And you can't mate with another species because your DNA is different. Over time (and evolution on that scale takes a loooooong time) your DNA and that of whatever primate you wanna have sex with (??) adapted and changed so many times that the DNA is now so different, you can't create offspring.

And I'm not sure what you mean with "not one shred of proof of any other species that forked as well". We have tooooooooons of proof in the fossil record, DNA analysis, and we've actively witnessed it both in the lab and in nature.

Read up on it, and you'll understand the theory...because judging from your question you don't really know how evolution works

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

our species is the result of genetic engineering around 250,000 years ago when modern humans first show up out of nowhere and what's the first thing we start doing? Mine for gold in SE Africa.
We are part early man (neanderthal, homo erectus it's not clear which) and part Anunnaki. Designed as a slave race to mine gold for them. neanderthals could be an earlier version but weren't smart enough to stay on task so they tweaked our dna and made us. They called us the Adamu and we lived in a place called the Edin.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

And your evidence for this is?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by Barcs

our species is the result of genetic engineering around 250,000 years ago when modern humans first show up out of nowhere and what's the first thing we start doing? Mine for gold in SE Africa.
We are part early man (neanderthal, homo erectus it's not clear which) and part Anunnaki. Designed as a slave race to mine gold for them. neanderthals could be an earlier version but weren't smart enough to stay on task so they tweaked our dna and made us. They called us the Adamu and we lived in a place called the Edin.

What are you talking about?? We can trace back farther than that...have you bothered reading up on DNA?? Because it allows us to trace our evolution back way way waaaaaay back: LINK

Look, you're allowed to believe whatever you want...but from your posts it's pretty clear you're judging a theory you simply don't have a clue about. And even worse, you claim your BELIEF is the truth without ever backing anything up with hard facts. That's ridiculous. Please do yourself a favor and read up on the theory, because it's kinda pointless discussing it with someone who so obviously has no clue about it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

We express ourselves differently because we are an entirely different species. Dogs express themselves differently from sharks too...doesn't mean sharks are from outer space

LINK

I wasn't referring to how some express themselves, I was specifically referring to how HUMANS are the ONLY ones that have the inverted smile, with that we could be from outer space.

We used to evolve from a monkey-like creature that had hair everywhere. As we evolved, we started building shelter that protected us better than that monkey-like ancestor...so we didn't need as much hair anymore. So slowly, most of the hair became smaller. And yes, smaller...because if you check, you are still hairy...the hairs are just a lot smaller and there's less of them.

Why still hair on the head? Because that's where you lose most of your body heat.

I don't buy it, heat rises. Anyhow it still doesn't explain why our hair is so much different and so much longer.

How we evolved
This link gives me an unworking page from wikipedia.

And you can't mate with another species because your DNA is different. Over time (and evolution on that scale takes a loooooong time) your DNA and that of whatever primate you wanna have sex with (??) adapted and changed so many times that the DNA is now so different, you can't create offspring.

So let me get this straight, you think our DNA just changed over time. Is there any proof of this happening anywhere else?
And I'm not sure what you mean with "not one shred of proof of any other species that forked as well". We have tooooooooons of proof in the fossil record, DNA analysis, and we've actively witnessed it both in the lab and in nature.
Bad link again, I'll try when I'm out of reply.

Read up on it, and you'll understand the theory...because judging from your question you don't really know how evolution works

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thank you for both links, on speciation and Human evolution.

I want you to give some serious thought about some common sense here.
Your trying to tell me you believe we evolved from primates over 2 million years ago.
You think that in 2 million years we went from pond baths and camp fires to toilet paper / cars and clothing.

Honestly, does anyone think it takes 2 million years of evolving to get to where we are now? I have never heard anything so lame in my life. If you do, then we are one stupid species for sure. And no one seems to be able to explain to me how we aquired 4 times the brain mass in all of this change. If this was a GMO that caused this, wow, what prize I guess.

Your links as nice as they are still only elude to ideas and give nothing factual that pertains to how we got here, its just a theory and IMO a lame one at that. Proof that genetic drift is real and speciation is fine and great. I also believe in spontanious human combustion. I want to know how it came in to play getting us where we are today.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

What are you talking about?? We can trace back farther than that...have you bothered reading up on DNA?? Because it allows us to trace our evolution back way way waaaaaay back: LINK

Look, you're allowed to believe whatever you want...but from your posts it's pretty clear you're judging a theory you simply don't have a clue about. And even worse, you claim your BELIEF is the truth without ever backing anything up with hard facts. That's ridiculous. Please do yourself a favor and read up on the theory, because it's kinda pointless discussing it with someone who so obviously has no clue about it.

Only problem in your theory here is the numbers don't add up. If our mtDNA is showing humans to be 200,000 years old, how could we have evolved from primates 2 million years ago? Just missing a few decimals is all.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Both links work

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yes thank you, they wouldn't work if I copy and pasted them for some reason.

I wanted to let everyone know that probably the biggest hurdle in the whole idea of evolution is incest.
We all know that inbreeding creates defects. Oddly enough, we do have more than our fair share of these.
Anyhow, your whole theory that we branched off from another species would require it to happen exactly the same way to mass amounts of people. If it doesn't, the race would die out.
For example if men were expressed by numbers and women by letters, not only would you need "1" but you would also need "A" and you would actually need tens of thousands to prevent inbreeding.

Tens of thousands adds up to bones, and fossils.

Where are the bones and fossils ????????????????

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

Your trying to tell me you believe we evolved from primates over 2 million years ago.
You think that in 2 million years we went from pond baths and camp fires to toilet paper / cars and clothing.

Honestly, does anyone think it takes 2 million years of evolving to get to where we are now? I have never heard anything so lame in my life. If you do, then we are one stupid species for sure. And no one seems to be able to explain to me how we aquired 4 times the brain mass in all of this change. If this was a GMO that caused this, wow, what prize I guess.

Your links as nice as they are still only elude to ideas and give nothing factual that pertains to how we got here, its just a theory and IMO a lame one at that. Proof that genetic drift is real and speciation is fine and great. I also believe in spontanious human combustion. I want to know how it came in to play getting us where we are today.

I think you completely underestimate how long evolution takes. And we're not even speculating, DNA tests confirm that the theory's correct...and it's all explained in those 2 links. They're well sourced by peer reviewed scientific articles. They are FACTUAL!

As for that silly smile thing...how is that special? Chameleons express themselves by changing color, and no one's saying they're from outer space. It's further proof of evolution as it perfectly explains biodiversity and how certain traits came to be.

Oh, and just in case you didn't know, monkeys smile too as a sign of cameradrie and greeting...just like humans: LINK

So how about you present some facts to prove your claims? Because so far you haven't presented anything that would invalidate the theory

As for fossils, scientists found a ridiculous amount of them given how hard it is for circumstances to line up to allow for fossilization.

What baffles me is that we are actively using the theory in modern medicine to predict future outcomes...yet you still don't believe those facts. You can't be that brainwashed by pseudo-science, you can't ignore facts like that...
edit on 4-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

Now this sounds plausible, is this from Sitchen?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I think you completely underestimate how long evolution takes. And we're not even speculating, DNA tests confirm that the theory's correct...and it's all explained in those 2 links. They're well sourced by peer reviewed scientific articles. They are FACTUAL!
Well why is that fact not lined up with what the Assam tribune printed on Dec 12 2010? That humans are 200,000 years old?

As for that silly smile thing...how is that special? Chameleons express themselves by changing color, and no one's saying they're from outer space. It's further proof of evolution as it perfectly explains biodiversity and how certain traits came to be.

Ok.... I just didn't catch the explanation part I guess. I'm glad chameleons express themselves, we have a lot of other things here on earth that do the same thing. I was specifically asking for something else that smiles when happy. Not a fake smile, not an aggressive smile, A happy smile.

Oh, and just in case you didn't know, monkeys smile too as a sign of cameradrie and greeting...just like humans: LINK

So how about you present some facts to prove your claims? Because so far you haven't presented anything that would invalidate the theory

As for fossils, scientists found a ridiculous amount of them given how hard it is for circumstances to line up to allow for fossilization.

And these prove we evolved?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

Probably...because as always he's either speculating or demonstrably wrong.

We are part early man (neanderthal, homo erectus it's not clear which)

Demonstrably, unquestionably wrong: LINK

Also, why do you keep asking about that silly smiling thing??? Humans are an entirely different species than other animals, so we have traits that those other species don't have, and vice versa. And like I already proved, monkeys smile too

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Here's a great depiction of what I have studied. It shows the gradual progression over time which the human species took throughout its evolution:

darwiniana.org...

Seriously, look at the small changes in the skull size over time, and how it adapts. Honestly, the only major change in the last couple hundred thousand years has been the formation of a chin and a slightly larger brain mass.

Edit: Here's another, with an extensive list, just not so friendly for quick overview. There are links to detailed images and descriptions of each separate point in human evolution:
www.talkorigins.org...
edit on 4-11-2011 by Varemia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

Probably...because as always he's either speculating or demonstrably wrong.

We are part early man (neanderthal, homo erectus it's not clear which)

Demonstrably, unquestionably wrong: LINK

Also, why do you keep asking about that silly smiling thing??? Humans are an entirely different species than other animals, so we have traits that those other species don't have, and vice versa. And like I already proved, monkeys smile too

I'm not sure your grasping whats going on here, so I will try to explain in more detail
Lets say a dog is confronted by a bear, and the dog starts grinning his teeth, is the dog happy? I don't think so.
Lets say the bear starts showing his teeth, will the dog understand, ya, its a universal language on this planet and common sense. If you don't believe me than the next time you have a dog show his teeth to you, try to pet him and watch what happens.
What does it mean when we show our teeth. It's backwards, and chimps don't smile because they are happy, you need to read that article again, its' agreeing with me. We are the only ones that smile for the reasons that we do. So please explain why we evolved to purposly not fit in here / as well as not fitting in with our aleged ancestors ???????????
edit on 4-11-2011 by itsthetooth because: spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Please, for crying out loud, learn what a "species" is. Your question is ridiculous and akin to you asking why giraffes have 4 legs while sharks have none, or why a chameleon changes its color if scared while an armadillo rolls up (and why the chameleon can't do that).

Please, use some logic and rationality instead of blindly buying into complete and utter nonsense pseudo-science

Oh, and I did read the article about monkeys smiling...and guess what, they DO smile. I guess you missed that part, so let me quote it for you:

Now, non-human primates do show facial expressions, similar to what we call a smile, that are associated with greetings and camaraderie.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Please, for crying out loud, learn what a "species" is. Your question is ridiculous and akin to you asking why giraffes have 4 legs while sharks have none, or why a chameleon changes its color if scared while an armadillo rolls up (and why the chameleon can't do that).

Well if humans lived in the water, while primates lived on land I would agree with you here. I think your missing the mass difference here. Dogs and bears aren't the only thing that smile for agression, maybe you didn't know this.
It's a universal fact. Don't believe me, test any species that shows teeth.
Please, use some logic and rationality instead of blindly buying into complete and utter nonsense pseudo-science

Sorry you feel that way, there are just a tad to many species that comply for it to be pseudo science but your welcome to offer your hand to anything that shows teeth to find out.

Oh, and I did read the article about monkeys smiling...and guess what, they DO smile. I guess you missed that part, so let me quote it for you:

Now, non-human primates do show facial expressions, similar to what we call a smile, that are associated with greetings and camaraderie.

Are you not reading it, we don't just smile for those reasons, notice the word similar. I would even bet money there are times a primate would show teeth for agression.
I rest my case. !

The difference between intervention and evolution, is that evolution has a tad to many holes. Now you might think that whole smile thing is stupid, and obviously because you have no valid reason for it, while I do. FYI the whole idea of intervention has NO holes, and I have looked very hard in trying to find them. Everything points in that direction. The only reason evolutionists jump on this is because the ONLY way evolution can exist is if you rule out everything else. Intervention IMO consolidates every aspect of belief except for evolution. So your basically saying everyone else is wrong and your right. If I had holes I might see eye to eye with you but I don't.
edit on 4-11-2011 by itsthetooth because: spell

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Are you not reading it, we don't just smile for those reasons, notice the word similar. I would even bet money there are times a primate would show teeth for agression.
I rest my case. !

The difference between intervention and evolution, is that evolution has a tad to many holes. Now you might think that whole smile thing is stupid, and obviously because you have no valid reason for it, while I do. FYI the whole idea of intervention has NO holes, and I have looked very hard in trying to find them. Everything points in that direction. The only reason evolutionists jump on this is because the ONLY way evolution can exist is if you rule out everything else. Intervention IMO consolidates every aspect of belief except for evolution. So your basically saying everyone else is wrong and your right. If I had holes I might see eye to eye with you but I don't.
edit on 4-11-2011 by itsthetooth because: spell

You know, our smile as a sign of happiness probably arose due to the development of language. Notice that our fangs are no longer large for baring, though humans can growl and show their teeth in aggression. Obviously, we developed fire and tools which allowed us to fend off animals without the baring of teeth. I mean, there are any number of reasons why our species took some of the turns it did.

Check out these guys. Similar ancestor, but totally different features. You can't explain that without evolution:

www.ratbehavior.org...

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join