It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 498
<< 495  496  497    499  500  501 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Creatures don't have specific diets. What you read on wiki, is what WE HAVE OBSERVED their diets to be. That doesn't mean that it the only thing they can consume to sustain them, or that they don't eat other things. You are still not understanding the fundamentals of any diet. Nutrients. Carnivores eat meat because protein is the best nutrient for giving them energy. Protein is found in almost every type of meat, therefor a carnivore could eat a large variety of things to survive and still get enough protein. It's not about food types, it's about the protein itself and hunting food that's easiest for them to catch.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
Protein is found in almost every type of meat

Protein is found in all tissues in all living organisms on Earth, no matter what.
edit on 4/9/12 by Thain Esh Kelch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Creatures don't have specific diets. What you read on wiki, is what WE HAVE OBSERVED their diets to be. That doesn't mean that it the only thing they can consume to sustain them, or that they don't eat other things.
Ignoring the fact that they have specifically chosen a diet, doesn't dismiss the fact that they in fact have one arranged.

You are still not understanding the fundamentals of any diet. Nutrients. Carnivores eat meat because protein is the best nutrient for giving them energy. Protein is found in almost every type of meat, therefor a carnivore could eat a large variety of things to survive and still get enough protein. It's not about food types, it's about the protein itself and hunting food that's easiest for them to catch
When you look at target food from a broad perspective like that, it totally makes sense why you don't understand. Target food is not the acceptance of a food group. A food group being a species diet as in the case of the deer, or lion, raised a red flag because its a clue that he is missing something specific and trying to fill that void in the same group.

Now you can pretend all you want that species don't have assigned diets, but your not looking to smart when they all come up eating the same things.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by Barcs

Creatures don't have specific diets. What you read on wiki, is what WE HAVE OBSERVED their diets to be. That doesn't mean that it the only thing they can consume to sustain them, or that they don't eat other things.
Ignoring the fact that they have specifically chosen a diet, doesn't dismiss the fact that they in fact have one arranged.

They didn't specifically chose a diet. They eat was they are best adapted to eat. You have no proof of that statement whatsoever.

You are still not understanding the fundamentals of any diet. Nutrients. Carnivores eat meat because protein is the best nutrient for giving them energy. Protein is found in almost every type of meat, therefor a carnivore could eat a large variety of things to survive and still get enough protein. It's not about food types, it's about the protein itself and hunting food that's easiest for them to catch
When you look at target food from a broad perspective like that, it totally makes sense why you don't understand. Target food is not the acceptance of a food group. A food group being a species diet as in the case of the deer, or lion, raised a red flag because its a clue that he is missing something specific and trying to fill that void in the same group.

Now you can pretend all you want that species don't have assigned diets, but your not looking to smart when they all come up eating the same things.

Guess I'm just not looking too smart then.... but wait. You just said that a diet limited to 1 food group is a red flag. What, pray tell, do ant eaters eat again?
OMG they eat all protein!!! Red flag! Not from earth!

See you are just making stuff up again. Diets are about nutrients and energy. There are no red flags. Carnivores eat meat, herbivores eat plants, and omnivore's eat both. You pretty much have no clue whatsoever how nature ACTUALLY works. It's a shame you won't even try to learn about it. Your loss, buddy.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

They didn't specifically chose a diet. They eat was they are best adapted to eat. You have no proof of that statement whatsoever.
I see and that adapted food just so happens to be the best thing on the radar for them at least when a target food is identified, right?

How come humans never adapted? We eat the largest assorment of things not allowing you to narrow it down.

Guess I'm just not looking too smart then.... but wait. You just said that a diet limited to 1 food group is a red flag. What, pray tell, do ant eaters eat again? OMG they eat all protein!!! Red flag! Not from earth!
Not when they eat one thing, from a food group, when they seem to eat everything in a food group.

See you are just making stuff up again. Diets are about nutrients and energy. There are no red flags. Carnivores eat meat, herbivores eat plants, and omnivore's eat both. You pretty much have no clue whatsoever how nature ACTUALLY works. It's a shame you won't even try to learn about it. Your loss, buddy.
Thats right and there is no way they could know what is good for them without intelligence. Now you can't say the adapted into accepting thier food because humans are failing miserbly at adapting since we have to genetically engineer our food to be healther for us. There are way to many holes in your theory of evolution.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Not necessarily a creationist, but evolution has holes in it. Multiple holes.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iron7
Not necessarily a creationist, but evolution has holes in it. Multiple holes.

I've been studying evolution in University classes for a few years now. What holes?

There are definitely gray areas, but that's why the current theory of biological progression through time is open-ended, with general ideas but no specifics. Every time we find a new fossil (and considering the rarity of fossils, we've found a lot), it fills in another period of history.

As for the theory itself, to the best of my knowledge, there are no logical gaps in it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I see and that adapted food just so happens to be the best thing on the radar for them at least when a target food is identified, right?

Lions do identify their target, but not like you are thinking. If a herd is running by they will pick out the weakest one in the group to pick off. This is natural selection in action. You won't see a lion let a prey go, simply because they'd prefer to eat something else. If there's an opportunity to feed your family, you'll take it.

Nature is a competition, the best suited hunter wins while others die. The best adapted prey survives while the contrasting ones die. Animals eat what they can find to survive, they don't have some magical programmed checklist that they go through of all the things they can eat. It's already been proven in this thread that they divert from their observed diets, sometimes when they need to, sometimes when they don't.

If you have anything to dispute that, by all means post it. If not, your fictitious concept is completely debunked.

How come humans never adapted? We eat the largest assorment of things not allowing you to narrow it down.

Um, we have adapted. Why do you think we can eat such a large variety of foods and still be healthy? We're the most successful species on the planet. Of course we've adapted. We've beyond adapted, we've taken over.

Guess I'm just not looking too smart then.... but wait. You just said that a diet limited to 1 food group is a red flag. What, pray tell, do ant eaters eat again? OMG they eat all protein!!! Red flag! Not from earth!
Not when they eat one thing, from a food group, when they seem to eat everything in a food group.

Last I checked no creatures eat EVERYTHING in a food group, not even humans. You also still haven't addressed my point about the ant eater having to gorge himself to survive!

Thats right and there is no way they could know what is good for them without intelligence.

Of course it's intelligence. The animals have brains, taste buds and a sense of smell. They remember what foods taste good and what foods make them sick. They remember which foods take more effort to get than others. Obviously they aren't as smart as humans, but to imply they have no intelligence at all is beyond stupid.

Now you can't say the adapted into accepting thier food because humans are failing miserbly at adapting since we have to genetically engineer our food to be healther for us. There are way to many holes in your theory of evolution.

at repeating that nonsense again despite your engineered food claim that's already been debunked numerous times. Are you going to now go back to milk and start that tirade over? Sorry man, you have nothing left to stand on here.

1. Prove target food exists - NOPE
2. Prove target food shows whether or not a creature is from earth - NOPE
3. Prove that unnatural indicates that something is not from earth - NOPE
4. Prove that milk is unnatural. - NOPE

edit on 6-9-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I've been studying evolution in University classes for a few years now. What holes?

There are definitely gray areas, but that's why the current theory of biological progression through time is open-ended, with general ideas but no specifics. Every time we find a new fossil (and considering the rarity of fossils, we've found a lot), it fills in another period of history.

As for the theory itself, to the best of my knowledge, there are no logical gaps in it.
Having never proven or observed macroevolution is a big one for starters.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Lions do identify their target, but not like you are thinking. If a herd is running by they will pick out the weakest one in the group to pick off. This is natural selection in action. You won't see a lion let a prey go, simply because they'd prefer to eat something else. If there's an opportunity to feed your family, you'll take it.

Nature is a competition, the best suited hunter wins while others die. The best adapted prey survives while the contrasting ones die. Animals eat what they can find to survive, they don't have some magical programmed checklist that they go through of all the things they can eat. It's already been proven in this thread that they divert from their observed diets, sometimes when they need to, sometimes when they don't.

If you have anything to dispute that, by all means post it. If not, your fictitious concept is completely debunked.
No species has ever been observed just eating whatever unless it was removed from its enviroment now missing its target food, or its target food went extinct.

Um, we have adapted. Why do you think we can eat such a large variety of foods and still be healthy? We're the most successful species on the planet. Of course we've adapted. We've beyond adapted, we've taken over.
So you think the diversity we eat is proof we are evolving. The fact is we are not eating a healthy diet, this is why we have diets, planned out, why we have supplements, why we have dieticians, why we have sickness and disease related to diet. Your wrong. Adaptation is NOT proving evolution. Having the diverse diet we do only proves we are missing something from our menu. If we had our proper diet, there might only be 3 to 5 things we need to ever eat, and still get high amounts of nutrition as well.

Last I checked no creatures eat EVERYTHING in a food group, not even humans. You also still haven't addressed my point about the ant eater having to gorge himself to survive!
I have never found anything that proves he does, it appears to be ATS user error.

Of course it's intelligence. The animals have brains, taste buds and a sense of smell. They remember what foods taste good and what foods make them sick. They remember which foods take more effort to get than others. Obviously they aren't as smart as humans, but to imply they have no intelligence at all is beyond stupid.
True but to have an intelligence that tells them which food is best for them, is even beyond our scope of understanding. We have to use labratorys and tests.

at repeating that nonsense again despite your engineered food claim that's already been debunked numerous times. Are you going to now go back to milk and start that tirade over? Sorry man, you have nothing left to stand on here.

1. Prove target food exists - NOPE
2. Prove target food shows whether or not a creature is from earth - NOPE
3. Prove that unnatural indicates that something is not from earth - NOPE
4. Prove that milk is unnatural. - NOPE
You must have drank a lot of milk in life because your looking so ashamed of something. I never said that cows milk is not natural, what I said is its not natural for humans to consume it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by colin42

You know Colin, if I never answered your question about diversity, it just occured to me now.

The diversity we see on this planet today is the accumulation of different species from different planets.

Thats what it says in the bible, it is the only historical seed we have that goes back to the begining, so there it is. All from other planets.
You know tooth that what has occurred to you is just another one of your fantasies and as usual only your ignorance to back it up.

Also have you forgotten that you lost the right to claim the bible as an historical document when you ran away from the debate I offered you about its use?

So unless you have some real evidence from a reliable source you are just indulging in yet another Pinocchio moment.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

You know tooth that what has occurred to you is just another one of your fantasies and as usual only your ignorance to back it up.

Also have you forgotten that you lost the right to claim the bible as an historical document when you ran away from the debate I offered you about its use?

So unless you have some real evidence from a reliable source you are just indulging in yet another Pinocchio moment
Really? does it really look like I have run from anyting?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

No species has ever been observed just eating whatever unless it was removed from its enviroment now missing its target food, or its target food went extinct.

Lying again. Does it ever get boring just constantly making stuff up to fit your idea? Creatures are constantly observed eating "whatever". It's about protein, not specific types of animal. Why do you still struggle to get this very basic concept?

So you think the diversity we eat is proof we are evolving.

Obviously its part of it, if our intelligence never became as strong as it did, we probably wouldn't eat such a large variety of foods cultivated and distributed based on our intellect. And of course there are proven observable genetic mutations, that you blatantly ignore, but lets not talk about science, lets keep using your red herrings and blatant lies.

The fact is we are not eating a healthy diet, this is why we have diets, planned out, why we have supplements, why we have dieticians, why we have sickness and disease related to diet.

Another LIE. Most people I know eat healthy diets. Some do not. It's a choice, we aren't competing in nature for food anymore. Animals also have sickness and disease related to diet. We've already covered this but you just love ignoring what is said and going back to the original argument as if you have proven it. What a joke. Humans can live healthy and naturally without dieticians, supplements and processed food. This FACT instantly debunks you. You have nothing that can dispute this.

Having the diverse diet we do only proves we are missing something from our menu

Lie.

If we had our proper diet, there might only be 3 to 5 things we need to ever eat, and still get high amounts of nutrition as well.

Lie. Prove it, stop just saying things and hoping they are true. You are a proven liar and a fraud. Just stop already. Humans like variety in their foods. Diet is CHOICE. Stop making it something its not. We don't live in the wilderness anymore. We use money and have an economy and buy whatever food we want. Why is it so hard for you to understand this very basic concept?

I have never found anything that proves he does, it appears to be ATS user error.

So hypocrite is now added to the list. Anything else? You specifically used calcium as "proof" that humans are not from earth and would need to gorge themselves to get enough to fill their daily requirements of calcium without milk. But the ant eater has to eat 35,000-50,000 ants PER DAY just to get enough protein to survive. Why would your coveted ant eater that eats his target food need to gorge himself to get his daily protein. Obviously something's wrong with his diet. Oh no.. your false concept of target food is not real. Now it makes sense

True but to have an intelligence that tells them which food is best for them, is even beyond our scope of understanding. We have to use labratorys and tests.

You have not posted any laboratory tests. You are making stuff up. They know what is best for them based on their experience, and again they usually don't have a choice. They eat what they can find, but you keep constantly ignoring this absolutely undisputed fact of nature. Why?

You must have drank a lot of milk in life because your looking so ashamed of something. I never said that cows milk is not natural, what I said is its not natural for humans to consume it.

at being ashamed. Another lie, the dishonesty never ends with you. Proof or it didn't happen. Why won't you provide proof of anything you have said?

That's like saying its not natural for humans to eat steak or chicken. It's an unfounded lie that goes against the definition of natural. Sorry, you lose.

And even if we pretend that it is "not natural to consume milk". What does that prove? I want exact details and science that points to your conclusion. Anything else will be ignored / laughed at.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Lying again. Does it ever get boring just constantly making stuff up to fit your idea? Creatures are constantly observed eating "whatever". It's about protein, not specific types of animal. Why do you still struggle to get this very basic concept?
Really how do they know what they are eating is even food and not say a rock or dirt?

Obviously its part of it, if our intelligence never became as strong as it did, we probably wouldn't eat such a large variety of foods cultivated and distributed based on our intellect. And of course there are proven observable genetic mutations, that you blatantly ignore, but lets not talk about science, lets keep using your red herrings and blatant lies.
So what your saying is our diversity seen thorugh a large menu of under fortified food, causing sickness, and forcing us to process food to make it better to get out of disease and malnutrution is our key to success.

Another LIE. Most people I know eat healthy diets. Some do not. It's a choice, we aren't competing in nature for food anymore. Animals also have sickness and disease related to diet. We've already covered this but you just love ignoring what is said and going back to the original argument as if you have proven it. What a joke. Humans can live healthy and naturally without dieticians, supplements and processed food. This FACT instantly debunks you. You have nothing that can dispute this.
Animals do not have sickness and disease, supplements, dieticians, and the plehtora of disorders that accomodate it.

Lie.
I don't want your opinion I want your proof.

Lie. Prove it, stop just saying things and hoping they are true. You are a proven liar and a fraud. Just stop already. Humans like variety in their foods. Diet is CHOICE. Stop making it something its not. We don't live in the wilderness anymore. We use money and have an economy and buy whatever food we want. Why is it so hard for you to understand this very basic concept?
It's allready been proven, there are species that are using one and two target foods as a full diet.

So hypocrite is now added to the list. Anything else? You specifically used calcium as "proof" that humans are not from earth and would need to gorge themselves to get enough to fill their daily requirements of calcium without milk. But the ant eater has to eat 35,000-50,000 ants PER DAY just to get enough protein to survive. Why would your coveted ant eater that eats his target food need to gorge himself to get his daily protein. Obviously something's wrong with his diet. Oh no.. your false concept of target food is not real. Now it makes sense
I still haven't read anything that claims the anteater spends most of his day eating. All I read is that he eats twice a day.

You have not posted any laboratory tests. You are making stuff up. They know what is best for them based on their experience, and again they usually don't have a choice. They eat what they can find, but you keep constantly ignoring this absolutely undisputed fact of nature. Why?
You lie, if they were eating whatever they could find they first of all wouldn't be all eating the same thing, second they would be observed trying different things, which is also not the case. YOU lie.

at being ashamed. Another lie, the dishonesty never ends with you. Proof or it didn't happen. Why won't you provide proof of anything you have said?

That's like saying its not natural for humans to eat steak or chicken. It's an unfounded lie that goes against the definition of natural. Sorry, you lose.

And even if we pretend that it is "not natural to consume milk". What does that prove? I want exact details and science that points to your conclusion. Anything else will be ignored / laughed at.
You never see any other animals drinking other species milk on a more than regular basis.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

So unless you have some real evidence from a reliable source you are just indulging in yet another Pinocchio moment
Really? does it really look like I have run from anyting?
Yep. From everything

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Sorry, I don't see scientific facts or references in your post. Anteaters consume up to 30,000 a day. Giants ones can eat a lot more. By your definition you shouldn't have to gorge yourself or spend most of your day hunting to get enough nutrients to survive. Humans on average spend 8 hours per day working for their food.

www.maiaw.com...

Wild giant anteaters spend most of their day looking for food. Foraging on the ground, they prey predominantly on ants and termites, which live mostly in ant/termite hills and dead trees. They are also known to eat other insects, including things like soft-bodied grubs. In general giant anteaters prefer to dine on insects that lack heavy jaws or chemical defenses, which the anteaters cannot easily digest.

Sorry Tooth. Anteater has been completely debunked. It has to gorge itself to get enough nutrients and spend the majority of its day hunting. Target food doesn't exist because it still doesn't apply to any creature in the history of earth. At least certainly not the anteater. Fun times.

So has anything not been debunked yet?
edit on 8-9-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I'm still here, so I must not have run far.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Sorry Tooth. Anteater has been completely debunked. It has to gorge itself to get enough nutrients and spend the majority of its day hunting. Target food doesn't exist because it still doesn't apply to any creature in the history of earth. At least certainly not the anteater. Fun times.

Your still wrong, they spend most of their time looking for food, not eating food. Extinctions could be the cause of why they need to spend so much time. It's possible that many different ant species have gone extinct that would explain why its not so available to them.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

Your still wrong, they spend most of their time looking for food, not eating food. Extinctions could be the cause of why they need to spend so much time. It's possible that many different ant species have gone extinct that would explain why its not so available to them.
Extinctions you cannot show evidence for as usual.

Still it has no meaning as it has been shown ALL life on this planet requires salt in its diet and you have stated salt has nothing to do with target food.

The aneater requires salt in its diet and is therefore on the list as NOT having a target food.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Extinctions you cannot show evidence for as usual.

Still it has no meaning as it has been shown ALL life on this planet requires salt in its diet and you have stated salt has nothing to do with target food.

The aneater requires salt in its diet and is therefore on the list as NOT having a target food.
As we are approaching our 6th largest mass extinction, I think it speaks records for what the possibilities are.

Sure all life requires salt, they also require air, and water, and nitrogen, and many other things.

new topics

top topics

<< 495  496  497    499  500  501 >>

join