It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

Please tell me your joking, we are way sicker than anything else on this planet. Constant intervention is needed just to keep us alive, other life isn't going through this. And I think you meant opposable thumbs not disposable thumbs.

What nonsense. I didn't require medical intervention past hot tea for the past few years

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I don't think anybody disagrees the Sumerians were talking about people from another planet they called Nibiru in our solar system (they counted the bodies in our solar system from the farthest planet in toward the sun and described them accurately) but Iterationzero probably doesn't want to talk about that issue though.

Given that there's no objective proof anything shown on tablets and the like are people from space (you're SPECULATING), I'd say that most real scientists disagree with your assessment. Especially considering you're now implying a planet for which we have zero objective evidence

I strongly suggest you stop watching pseudo-scientific programs on the History Channel and learn the difference between real objective evidence and subjective speculation

science.nasa.gov...

Funny how you forgot to mention that that planet doesn't have the characteristics people claim Niburu to has

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I don't think anybody disagrees the Sumerians were talking about people from another planet they called Nibiru in our solar system (they counted the bodies in our solar system from the farthest planet in toward the sun and described them accurately) but Iterationzero probably doesn't want to talk about that issue though.

Given that there's no objective proof anything shown on tablets and the like are people from space (you're SPECULATING), I'd say that most real scientists disagree with your assessment. Especially considering you're now implying a planet for which we have zero objective evidence

I strongly suggest you stop watching pseudo-scientific programs on the History Channel and learn the difference between real objective evidence and subjective speculation

science.nasa.gov...

Funny how you forgot to mention that that planet doesn't have the characteristics people claim Niburu to has

what are you winking at me for? this was from six years ago, you are a little uninformed for someone who demands so much objective evidence. Again you are missing the big picture: people seven thousand years ago were told details about our solar system that we were not aware of with all our science until a couple decades ago. they tell us straight out these people were from another planet and gave them the blueprints and technology for their magnificent culture. At what point do you face reality and admit you are completely clueless on this subject?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

science.nasa.gov...

Even if there was no objective evidence to other planets having life, or evidence that theorize we came from primates, you still lack proof. There is no solid proof, and there is no excuse for not having proof being it should be here. At least with other planets there is an acceptable excuse.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Please tell me your joking, we are way sicker than anything else on this planet. Constant intervention is needed just to keep us alive, other life isn't going through this. And I think you meant opposable thumbs not disposable thumbs.

What nonsense. I didn't require medical intervention past hot tea for the past few years

So your trying to tell me that since your birth you have never recieved booster shots, imunization shots etc??? You better let doctors know what your trick is.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

And BTW how do you explain drug abuse, alcohol abuse, ciggeretts and other harmful things we do to ourselves? If you think it's our way of evolving, I think your wrong. It's because we can't adapt any more than we have and we still feel stuck. So we act out by doing these horrible things.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

science.nasa.gov...

Even if there was no objective evidence to other planets having life, or evidence that theorize we came from primates, you still lack proof. There is no solid proof, and there is no excuse for not having proof being it should be here. At least with other planets there is an acceptable excuse.

How about the existence of Sumerian culture and history? Do you think someone may have rewritten those clay tablets?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

So your trying to tell me that since your birth you have never recieved booster shots, imunization shots etc??? You better let doctors know what your trick is.

I don't think you realize that the majority on this planet don't have access to those shots...and guess what, they survive just fine. Sure, they're a bit more at risk to getting ill, but the same goes for dogs and rabies if they don't get their shot...yet there's plenty of wild dogs surviving just fine.

And your claim that we are somehow more at risk than animals is ridiculous. Animals die all the time because of disease.

And lastly, we didn't even have vaccinations until the very beginning of the 18th century...at which points humans had survived for 200,000 years (!!!!!!!!!!) without vaccinations. So while vaccination makes life easier (thank science for that), it's not a prerequisite for human survival.

So you're "omg, we're so not adapted and can only survive because of vaccinations...evolution must be wrong, we come from somewhere else" statement is beyond ridiculous...sry

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

And BTW how do you explain drug abuse, alcohol abuse, ciggeretts and other harmful things we do to ourselves? If you think it's our way of evolving, I think your wrong. It's because we can't adapt any more than we have and we still feel stuck. So we act out by doing these horrible things.

And you're wrong again, we're still evolving, and that's a fact! As a simple example, think about all those people who show a natural resistance against diseases that didn't even exist when homo sapiens sapiens first evolved. Or the fact that on average, women are now shorter than just 100 years ago. Or just click on the link and get all the proof you need to realize that claiming we aren't evolving anymore is nonsense.

As for drugs...we're not the only ones using them. Animals do too...especially monkeys:

I guess we're not all that different from monkeys as you think

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

So we just one day grew a brain, and which is it, are fossils everywhere, or are they rare?

That's all you have to say to my entire post? Ignore everything that was shown to be false and change the subject. Well done. The brain evolved slowly over hundreds of millions of years. Heck, even dinosaurs had brains, but not nearly as complex as modern day mammals. Yeah we just instantly sprouted a brain one day. You know cuz that's totally how evolution works, right? You may want to do some reading on the subject.

Fossils are not everywhere, fossilization is rare. But that's not saying we haven't found a lot of fossils, we indeed have, but only because some hundred million or so species have lived on the planet (that's a conservative estimate, if you include bacteria and single celled organisms it could very well be in the billions). We haven't even come close to finding them all.

Your theory could be possible, but that doesn't mean evolution is false. It just doesn't seem too likely that humans were inserted into this planet and ecosystem, along with homo erectus and neanderthals that just happen to already be here and have very similar bone structure and other features to humans. Plus we thrive here perfectly and have the similar dna as just about all life on the planet. I honestly like the genetic manipulation theory much better. If that were true, we'd technically be from the stars AND have evolved on earth. Do you think we evolved on another planet and were brought here? Or created on another planet and brought here?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

And you're wrong again, we're still evolving, and that's a fact! As a simple example, think about all those people who show a natural resistance against diseases that didn't even exist when homo sapiens sapiens first evolved. Or the fact that on average, women are now shorter than just 100 years ago. Or just click on the link and get all the proof you need to realize that claiming we aren't evolving anymore is nonsense.

As for drugs...we're not the only ones using them. Animals do too...especially monkeys:

I guess we're not all that different from monkeys as you think

Your cracking me up man. The day monkeys die from shooting up heroin is the day I'll agree with you.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

So them using alcohol isn't good enough, you only believe in the theory once they shoot heroine??? Really?

And of course you're ignoring all the evidence simply because it goes against your preconceived illogical beliefs

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
No-no you just have to 'crack' him up................man

edit on 4-11-2011 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
You can tell that the people arguing here who say that evolution is wrong have never actually seen the fossils first-hand, or had a thorough explanation of how evolution really works.

In simplest terms, evolution is the minutest of changes within a species caused by natural selection (what survives and breeds over what doesn't. Survival doesn't necessarily mean breeding in terms of natural selection), and this is over a macro scale. It is theorized that it takes approximately 90,000 generations to change evolutionarily. I think this is approximately 100,000 years or so, which makes sense, because 100,000 years ago our ancestors were walking upright, making fire, and breaking rocks in complex patterns for tools. (By the way, monkeys make tools too, such as sharpening sticks or rocks and building things to get their meals. It is just that monkeys evolved more strength to survive, as opposed to intelligence. Man can only survive in the wild by making tools, while monkeys do not need this as much. Naturally, high intelligence did not breed over time in our Simeon friends.)

If you've ever read Richard Dawkins, then you know that the fossil record isn't even needed to prove evolution. It is a bonus. Fossils are extremely rare, and we might have only one or two specimens for periods of millions of years of evolution in a species. These are found generally in canyons which have opened up the earth and revealed fossilized remains in the rock where the conditions were just right to prevent decomposition and allow calcium replacement. Heck, I think I read somewhere that we likely have only found less than 1% of the fossils that are hidden under the earth.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

And we're actively using the theory in modern medicine to predict future outcomes accurately. If the theory were wrong, we couldn't predict the future. Yet people completely ignore this

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

And we're actively using the theory in modern medicine to predict future outcomes accurately. If the theory were wrong, we couldn't predict the future. Yet people completely ignore this

Yep, that's usually what happens when people spout nonsense and it gets easily debunked. They cover their ears and sing "LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you", regardless of the facts. I knew that tooth guy wasn't going to respond to my post or yours with anything but a diversionary one liner.

I mean there's a reason humans aren't as hairy as our ancestors used to be. When we become intelligent enough we began wearing cloths, thus it was no longer necessary for survival, and since non hairy women are are more attractive to most men, those were the genes that were passed down. Calling clothing and modern technology evidence against evolution is silly. It's indisputable proof humans have evolved just like the various races that have adapted to various climate on earth over the years. This can't be denied.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

reply to post by Varemia

Yep, that's usually what happens when people spout nonsense and it gets easily debunked. They cover their ears and sing "LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you", regardless of the facts. I knew that tooth guy wasn't going to respond to my post or yours with anything but a diversionary one liner.

I mean there's a reason humans aren't as hairy as our ancestors used to be. When we become intelligent enough we began wearing cloths, thus it was no longer necessary for survival, and since non hairy women are are more attractive to most men, those were the genes that were passed down. Calling clothing and modern technology evidence against evolution is silly. It's indisputable proof humans have evolved just like the various races that have adapted to various climate on earth over the years. This can't be denied.

Oh wow, it looks like I might have been proven wrong, Remains Of Ancient Race Of Job Creators Found In Rust Belt
And I know you guys get all pissy without links so here ya go...www.theonion.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

reply to post by Varemia

Oh wow, it looks like I might have been proven wrong, Remains Of Ancient Race Of Job Creators Found In Rust Belt
And I know you guys get all pissy without links so here ya go...www.theonion.com...

Didnt read the whole article, didnt need to.

Are you being serious? What are you saying this article indicates?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Funny link...but not exactly proving your point

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Funny link...but not exactly proving your point

It just made my day, so I had to pass it off.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join